North East Buses
Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Bus Related Outings and Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=307)

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 31 Mar 2015

Not going to Blackpool on Saturday now. May upload some more photos from last Fridays trip to Gateshead and Newcastle on Saturday evening.

Thinking of doing something tomorrow afternoon but I have zero idea what yet though.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - mb134 - 31 Mar 2015

(31 Mar 2015, 2:19 pm)Jimmi Yeah that's true, there is two weekday workings I can imagine will definitely be E400 operatered which would be the two Darlington - Framwellgate Moor morning journeys as they are very busy, I also know which journeys are Belmont operated on weekdays.

Still be better variety than solid Pulsar though, used to get all sorts pop up when it was the 713/723 Darlington - Arnison Centre although I had ideas what could turn up as I knew whether Darlington or Durham depot was doing the journey in question.
I have to use (in school time), the X21/22 every day as part of my journey, and it does get boring Sad

Seem to recall, when I was younger, two depots operated a service I used, one depot provided deckers, the other MPD's (may have been one depot, with massively contrasting allocation like), always tried to get the decker runs.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 31 Mar 2015

I'm considering a trip into Northumbria; Blyth and Ashington mainly, as they have Arriva depots just a short walk away from the bus stations.

I've decided to go to Blyth first, get Service 1 to Ashington, then an X21/X22 back to Newcastle - but, I'm wondering which route up to Blyth anyone recommends? I understand theres the X4/X5, X10/X11, X13, the list goes on! Any suggestions?

Thanks. Smile

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 31 Mar 2015

(31 Mar 2015, 5:23 pm)MarcTheA4 I'm considering a trip into Northumbria; Blyth and Ashington mainly, as they have Arriva depots just a short walk away from the bus stations.

I've decided to go to Blyth first, get Service 1 to Ashington, then an X21/X22 back to Newcastle - but, I'm wondering which route up to Blyth anyone recommends? I understand theres the X4/X5, X10/X11, X13, the list goes on! Any suggestions?

Thanks. Smile
You like GNE's B5s, so go for the 308. Most scenic (goes via Whitley Bay coast), too!

(31 Mar 2015, 5:27 pm)Dan You like GNE's B5s, so go for the 308. Most scenic (goes via Whitley Bay coast), too!

Thanks, Dan! Smile

(31 Mar 2015, 5:23 pm)MarcTheA4 I'm considering a trip into Northumbria; Blyth and Ashington mainly, as they have Arriva depots just a short walk away from the bus stations.

Thanks. Smile

Unsure if timings would work but you could give this a try:

X15 Newcastle to Alnwick
X18 Alnwick to Morpeth
35.  Morpeth to Ashington 
X21 Ashington to Newcastle
308 Newcastle to Blyth
X13 Blyth to Newcastle 

What day you going, I might see you?

(31 Mar 2015, 5:43 pm)mb134 Unsure if timings would work but you could give this a try:

X15 Newcastle to Alnwick
X18 Alnwick to Morpeth
35.  Morpeth to Ashington 
X21 Ashington to Newcastle
308 Newcastle to Blyth
X13 Blyth to Newcastle 

What day you going, I might see you?

Don't think I'll be going as far as Alnwick. haha But thanks for the suggestion anyway, mb134! Smile

Would be this Saturday (4th April). 

(31 Mar 2015, 5:45 pm)MarcTheA4 Don't think I'll be going as far as Alnwick. haha But thanks for the suggestion anyway, mb134! Smile

Haha, no problem, just thought it might be nice and scenic for you, in the summer if it's a nice day I'd recommend getting the X18 all the way up to Berwick, very nice ride Smile

Might see you then, I'm in Newcastle with some friends in the afternoon/ evening, but might go on a journey first Wink 

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - omnicity4659 - 31 Mar 2015

(31 Mar 2015, 5:45 pm)MarcTheA4 Don't think I'll be going as far as Alnwick. haha But thanks for the suggestion anyway, mb134! Smile

Might see you too, if you give me approximate times I can try and delay my Asda shop for you  Big Grin

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 31 Mar 2015

(31 Mar 2015, 5:56 pm)Tommy_1581 Might see you too, if you give me approximate times I can try and delay my Asda shop for you  Big Grin

I'll work out timings and the final plan closer to Saturday (providing nothing comes up), so yeah I meant see you too if I can fit it in. Smile Not planning on a long time in Ashington, just a quick walk to the depot (which I imagine is no more than 30 seconds haha) for some photos then return to get the next Sapphire back to Newcastle.

You'll all in for a treat, I'll voice my opinions of the full Ashington-Newcastle route on the X21 or the X22, and the Newcastle-Blyth route on the Coastliner 308. Wink

(31 Mar 2015, 5:59 pm)MarcTheA4 I'll work out timings and the final plan closer to Saturday (providing nothing comes up), so yeah I meant see you too if I can fit it in. Smile Not planning on a long time in Ashington, just a quick walk to the depot (which I imagine is no more than 30 seconds haha) for some photos then return to get the next Sapphire back to Newcastle.

You'll all in for a treat, I'll voice my opinions of the full Ashington-Newcastle route on the X21 or the X22, and the Newcastle-Blyth route on the Coastliner 308. Wink
For your sanity, get one of the new ones! Aim for 7523/4 as I know everything works on both of them, I'll check some others tomorrow for you Smile

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 31 Mar 2015

Hoping to make a few trips over the holidays.

Want to do a County Durham trip, to ride a few Lowlanders, and I might go to the Sapphire launch.

Also planning to do a Northumberland trip to ride the H1/H2, and the 34. Possibly a run up to Ellington too, as well as a ride on the 100.

(31 Mar 2015, 7:08 pm)Tom Hoping to make a few trips over the holidays.

Want to do a County Durham trip, to ride a few Lowlanders, and I might go to the Sapphire launch.

Also planning to do a Northumberland trip to ride the H1/H2, and the 34. Possibly a run up to Ellington too, as well as a ride on the 100.
34 is a good shout! Would like a ride on that, it just never seems to fit into the times of my outings very well...

(31 Mar 2015, 7:15 pm)mb134 34 is a good shout! Would like a ride on that, it just never seems to fit into the times of my outings very well...

Yeah and it seems to throw up anything!

(31 Mar 2015, 7:26 pm)Tom Yeah and it seems to throw up anything!

Aye, think 7470/72 was  on it yesterday, can't remember which for the life of me! 

Is the 20 normally ALX400's?

(31 Mar 2015, 7:35 pm)Tom Is the 20 normally ALX400's?
Or one of the three normal Enviro's I think (although I'm sure a MAX E400 has occasionally appeared) Smile

(31 Mar 2015, 7:37 pm)mb134 Or one of the three normal Enviro's I think (although I'm sure a MAX E400 has occasionally appeared) Smile

Cheers. Should be a nice ride from Ellington, might continue to Amble too. 

(31 Mar 2015, 7:38 pm)Tom Cheers. Should be a nice ride from Ellington, might continue to Amble too. 
I don't know what to do now tomorrow, I need to visit family, and be somewhere at 4.50, but there's so much else I want to do journey wise!!

(31 Mar 2015, 8:27 pm)mb134 I don't know what to do now tomorrow, I need to visit family, and be somewhere at 4.50, but there's so much else I want to do journey wise!!

Just depends where your going!
Possibly the 44? 34?