North East Buses
Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Bus Related Outings and Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=307)

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - MurdnunoC - 26 Apr 2015

(26 Apr 2015, 11:20 am)Jimmi Hoping for a ride on that.

Stood at Transporter right now.

It's at Boro bus station now. It shouldn't be too long.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 26 Apr 2015

(26 Apr 2015, 11:26 am)MurdnunoC It's at Boro bus station now. It shouldn't be too long.
Now on JDC 599 sat at the Transporter.

(26 Apr 2015, 11:32 am)Jimmi Now on JDC 599 sat at the Transporter.

Is it a blue bus?

(26 Apr 2015, 11:35 am)MurdnunoC Is it a blue bus?
Yep.

(26 Apr 2015, 11:26 am)MurdnunoC It's at Boro bus station now. It shouldn't be too long.
On it now, put my jacket back on mind

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Malarkey - 26 Apr 2015

A few Vehicles which will be attending the MetroCentre Rally on the 4th May
http://www.nebpt.co.uk/index.asp?pg=3&event=524

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - S813 FVK - 26 Apr 2015

(26 Apr 2015, 5:46 pm)Malarkey A few Vehicles which will be attending the MetroCentre Rally on the 4th May
http://www.nebpt.co.uk/index.asp?pg=3&event=524

GNE may be able to squeeze another publicity event out of the rally.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - LeeCalder - 26 Apr 2015

I've been out and about today:

82 - Washington Galleries (GNE)
50A - Chester-Le-Street (GNE)
78 - Stanley Bus Station (GNE)
43 - MetroCentre Bus Station (GNE)
X66 - Gateshead Interchange (GNE)
21 - Birtley (GNE)
82 - Barley Mow Estate (ANE)

(26 Apr 2015, 12:17 pm)Jimmi On it now, put my jacket back on mind

I didn't bring a jacket, If I had I would have had it on straight away. Mind you there were people on my journey more daring than me. At least I was wearing a hooded top, there were a couple of guys just wearing t-shirts - hardcore!

The seats were canny comfortable though.

(26 Apr 2015, 7:19 pm)MurdnunoC I didn't bring a jacket, If I had I would have had it on straight away. Mind you there were people on my journey more daring than me. At least I was wearing a hooded top, there were a couple of guys just wearing t-shirts - hardcore!

The seats were canny comfortable though.

For much of the day I had just a Fred Perry polo shirt on although when I headed upstairs on open top LFS296F I dug the jacket out my bag and put it back on and it was absolutely freezing heading towards Stockton on that Big Grin

Photos will be on Flickr shortly then I may prepare a review Smile

(26 Apr 2015, 7:33 pm)Jimmi For much of the day I had just a Fred Perry polo shirt on although when I headed upstairs on open top LFS296F I dug the jacket out my bag and put it back on and it was absolutely freezing heading towards Stockton on that Big Grin

Photos will be on Flickr shortly then I may prepare a review Smile

Aye, I should have known what I was in for when the sign in the window said 'Stockton - via 'The Wilderness'. I presume 'The Wilderness' was that bit of post-industrial nothingness as you head from the Newport Bridge towards Thornaby. I was sat about three or four rows from the back on the way to Stockton but managed to grab the back seat as the bus headed back towards Middlesbrough. The back seats were nice and warm - probably due to the positioning of the engine.

I think I channelled a bit of your nervousness whilst being around other known enthusiasts. I was standing more or less next to Tyresmoke and Kuyoyo at one point but failed to introduce myself or speak to either of them. I can only put it down to the fact that I have very little interaction with either of them on the forum. I would have said hello to you but you seemed to be on whatever bus was departing just as mine was arriving.

(26 Apr 2015, 7:55 pm)MurdnunoC Aye, I should have known what I was in for when the sign in the window said 'Stockton - via 'The Wilderness'. I presume 'The Wilderness' was that bit of post-industrial nothingness as you head from the Newport Bridge towards Thornaby. I was sat about three or four rows from the back on the way to Stockton but managed to grab the back seat as the bus headed back towards Middlesbrough. The back seats were nice and warm - probably due to the positioning of the engine.

I think I channelled a bit of your nervousness whilst being around other known enthusiasts. I was standing more or less next to Tyresmoke and Kuyoyo at one point but failed to introduce myself or speak to either of them. I can only put it down to the fact that I have very little interaction with either of them on the forum. I would have said hello to you but you seemed to be on whatever bus was departing just as mine was arriving.

I rode the open topper from the Transporter all the way up to Yarm then back to Stockton, least the weather got a bit warmer once we got towards Stockton. Was quite a nice ride and was nice heading up to Yarm as it looks nice up there and I haven't been up that way before and was quite a nice ride.

I didn't speak to anyone whilst I was there today as I am rather nervous and I don't really have any other enthusiast activity besides posting on here and my Flickr so I don't really know who anyone is in the flesh. Yeah sadly that's the things often seem to go on these rally's, sometimes you see people you know and other times you'll go the whole day without seeing them even though they are at the rally, I did seem to be in different places to you most of the day judging by your postings you have made.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 26 Apr 2015

(26 Apr 2015, 8:09 pm)Jimmi I rode the open topper from the Transporter all the way up to Yarm then back to Stockton, least the weather got a bit warmer once we got towards Stockton. Was quite a nice ride and was nice heading up to Yarm as it looks nice up there and I haven't been up that way before and was quite a nice ride.

I didn't speak to anyone whilst I was there today as I am rather nervous and I don't really have any other enthusiast activity besides posting on here and my Flickr so I don't really know who anyone is in the flesh. Yeah sadly that's the things often seem to go on these rally's, sometimes you see people you know and other times you'll go the whole day without seeing them even though they are at the rally, I did seem to be in different places to you most of the day judging by your postings you have made.

Apart from me! Tongue 

(26 Apr 2015, 8:10 pm)Dan Apart from me! Tongue 

You are one of the few enthusiasts I can recognise, probably because photos of you have popped up on here before.

Very few know who I am.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Kuyoyo - 26 Apr 2015

(26 Apr 2015, 8:09 pm)Jimmi I rode the open topper from the Transporter all the way up to Yarm then back to Stockton, least the weather got a bit warmer once we got towards Stockton. Was quite a nice ride and was nice heading up to Yarm as it looks nice up there and I haven't been up that way before and was quite a nice ride.

If I said both myself and Tyresmoke were the two sat at the front on M10DVS on the 1440 11 from Stockton which did the mystery tour round Thornaby.

(26 Apr 2015, 8:10 pm)Dan Apart from me! Tongue 

If you were there I would have probably been inclined to say hello.

I would have been easy to spot. I would have been the person carting around various bits of antiquated technology in a wheelbarrow in an attempt to save money whilst staying technically mobile!

(26 Apr 2015, 8:15 pm)Kuyoyo If I said both myself and Tyresmoke were the two sat at the front on M10DVS on the 1440 11 from Stockton which did the mystery tour round Thornaby.

Yeah I jumped on that in Stockton and went on the "magical" mystery tour of Thornaby and other places I don't think I've really ever been to apart from riding the 17A once a while back.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 26 Apr 2015

I'm gutted I didn't make it down there today. I'd been looking forward to it for a while, but it's best I don't travel out when I'm full of cold, as I'm generally in a bad mood at the same time.

Jimmi, I'm pretty sure I've seen you before taking photos near Millburngate! and obviously I bumped into AdamY at the Civic Centre that time. Smile 

Metrocentre next weekend, so I hope to see a few of you there! I'll be around most of the day... probably with a quick detour into the nearest 'spoons for some lunch! 

(26 Apr 2015, 8:23 pm)aureolin I'm gutted I didn't make it down there today. I'd been looking forward to it for a while, but it's best I don't travel out when I'm full of cold, as I'm generally in a bad mood at the same time.

Jimmi, I'm pretty sure I've seen you before taking photos near Millburngate! and obviously I bumped into AdamY at the Civic Centre that time. Smile 

Metrocentre next weekend, so I hope to see a few of you there! I'll be around most of the day... probably with a quick detour into the nearest 'spoons for some lunch! 

Shame. I have just finally gotten over a cold.

I'll be at the MetroCentre next Monday, if anyone sees me please do feel free to come up and say hello to me as I struggle to go over to say hello to others but I am not so bad if someone comes to say hello to me.

(26 Apr 2015, 8:43 pm)Adam Same goes for me. I hope to be there next Monday, but I can be rather shy when it comes to approaching unfamiliar people, as there is this overriding immortal fear of it not being the person I think it is...

That's part of my problem with being shy although it also applies to the enthusiast's that I do know, couldn't manage to even say hi to Dan on Friday.