North East Buses
Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Bus Related Outings and Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=307)

Re: RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - MrFozz - 28 Jun 2014

(27 Jun 2014, 8:14 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Glad you cleared it up Marcus.
We were coming up with all sorts of ideas - the next suggestion was going to suggest time travel!

Fire up the Delorean

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - DanPicken - 28 Jun 2014

T&W Metro Brockley Whins - Gateshead 4081
#X21 Gateshead - Eldon Square GNE 6037
#43 Eldon Square - Metrocentre GNE 5338
Train Metrocentre - Newcastle Northern Rail 142017
T&W Metro Central Station - Gateshead 4058
#X21 Gateshead - Eldon Square GNE 6034
#X9 Eldon Square - Gateshead GNE 6046
#21 Gateshead - Eldon Square GNE 6066
#X1 Eldon Square - Gateshead GNE 6003
#X21 Gateshead - Gateshead GNE Loanee 9131
T&W Metro Gateshead - Central Station 4059
First Scotrail Newcastle - Metrocentre 156462
#49 Metrocentre - Gateshead GNE 3941 (in red)
T&W Metro Gateshead - South Shields 4011
#5 South Shields - Jarrow GNE 563
#88A Jarrow - Scotch Estate GNE 4961

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - northern156 - 28 Jun 2014

Didn't go to Edinburgh today due to my train being terminated at Carlisle after 350410 broke down near Lockerbie... sigh...

Re: RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - MrFozz - 28 Jun 2014

(28 Jun 2014, 4:52 pm)northern156 Didn't go to Edinburgh today due to my train being terminated at Carlisle after 350410 broke down near Lockerbie... sigh...

Shame Sean, could you not have went up the ECML or did ya just fancy something different?

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 28 Jun 2014

(28 Jun 2014, 4:52 pm)northern156 Didn't go to Edinburgh today due to my train being terminated at Carlisle after 350410 broke down near Lockerbie... sigh...

Did you get a refund?

Re: RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 28 Jun 2014

(28 Jun 2014, 5:06 pm)Marcus Did you get a refund?
You've usually got to apply via the TOC. Only ever claimed from East Coast and I've always been refunded.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - northern156 - 28 Jun 2014

(28 Jun 2014, 4:56 pm)marxistafozzski Shame Sean, could you not have went up the ECML or did ya just fancy something different?
Had Advance tickets for TPE.

(28 Jun 2014, 5:06 pm)Marcus Did you get a refund?
(28 Jun 2014, 5:19 pm)aureolin You've usually got to apply via the TOC. Only ever claimed from East Coast and I've always been refunded.
Yup, going to send off a form on Monday. £10.60 hopefully will be back with me in the form of rail travel vouchers!!

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 30 Jun 2014

I must be keen as mustard this morning. First bus of the day was the 0552 number 4.

5364 and the WiFi is buggered. Connected but the login page isn't pushed.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 30 Jun 2014

(30 Jun 2014, 6:40 am)aureolin I must be keen as mustard this morning. First bus of the day was the 0552 number 4.

5364 and the WiFi is buggered. Connected but the login page isn't pushed.

For the workers services like?

Re: RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 30 Jun 2014

(30 Jun 2014, 6:54 am)Tom For the workers services like?
Yeah got a shot of the Blaydon Racers Merc, and also had a trip out for 9131.

I should add that every bus I've used since that has wifi advertised has worked. Including a couple Angels which I was having issues with previously.

Re: RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 30 Jun 2014

(30 Jun 2014, 7:56 am)aureolin I should add that every bus I've used since that has wifi advertised has worked. Including a couple Angels which I was having issues with previously.
I think the ones which aren't working, GNE are now aware of.

I've noticed that a few which had problems have had their name changed (and as such, presumably the kit completely re-installed); for example, the one I was on the other day showed 'red-arrows-wifi'.

(30 Jun 2014, 8:02 am)Dan I think the ones which aren't working, GNE are now aware of.

I've noticed that a few which had problems have had their name changed (and as such, presumably the kit completely re-installed); for example, the one I was on the other day showed 'red-arrows-wifi'.
Yeah I've noticed that, but the Angel ones working still have the SSID of CCL for reference. I'll try a few connections 4 buses today and see if I spot any other problems.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Andreos1 - 30 Jun 2014

(30 Jun 2014, 8:06 am)aureolin Yeah I've noticed that, but the Angel ones working still have the SSID of CCL for reference. I'll try a few connections 4 buses today and see if I spot any other problems.

Wasn't sure where to put this Arriva RT - so staying impartial and on topic...

@m4tty_j
Pinching the free WiFi from the @arrivanortheast bus next to mine because @gonortheast havent put it on theirs. #chopchop #21stCentury

The replies are great!

#BusOperatorbitchyness
#hasgtagsonNEB

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 30 Jun 2014

(30 Jun 2014, 8:49 am)Andreos Constantopolous Wasn't sure where to put this Arriva RT - so staying impartial and on topic...

The replies are great!

#BusOperatorbitchyness
#hasgtagsonNEB

Ah, I thought '21st Century' was going to be a clever pun - seemingly like GNE did.

Go North East have ten brand names that are allocated vehicles which are Wi-Fi enabled.

Including the B7TL spares which are or will gain Wi-Fi at some point (when it works, etc, etc), there are 109 vehicles in the fleet which are Wi-Fi enabled. That equates to 16% of the fleet, with the majority of services receiving investment over the next two years also including Wi-Fi provision and power sockets. When looking at the PVR of services opposed to spares, you'd find that the percentage would drastically increase.

I'm not sure how many Arriva North East vehicles have free Wi-Fi provision, and I unfortunately can't work it out because Arriva - from what I can find on Google - have only marketed the free Wi-Fi on Sapphire service 7.
However, I've always been of the opinion - like other members of this forum who have said similar in the past - that Go North East are (and have been for quite some time) light years ahead of Arriva and Stagecoach, in terms of introducing new technology to buses. Indeed what is actually pretty much standard for Go North East is marketed as a premium product (Sapphire) for Arriva...

I can't work out where he is on the 20 where he'd pick up Arriva wifi, apart from Durham bus station, being the stand next to the 7.

(30 Jun 2014, 9:10 am)aureolin I can't work out where he is on the 20 where he'd pick up Arriva wifi, apart from Durham bus station, being the stand next to the 7.

Precisely - he'd have it for all of five minutes whilst the 20 is laying over.
You certainly get good 3G in Durham Bus Station, and I'm sure I get alright 4G there too - which is probably faster than the Wi-Fi provided by bus companies anyway.

A little bit off-topic from the thread in hand but relevant to the current discussion... I can't see why Metro didn't include Wi-Fi provision as part of their refurbishment plan? Ever since I moved over to Monkwearmouth and started to use the Metro system more and more, I've always wondered why that was. There's a guy that goes to my school who gets the Metro from Park Lane to the stop before the Airport every day to and from school, because he lives in Corbridge and it works out cheaper for his mam to pick him up from there instead of at school... I'm sure he and other passengers who travel in a similar way would use the Wi-Fi, if it was there...

(30 Jun 2014, 9:12 am)Dan Precisely - he'd have it for all of five minutes whilst the 20 is laying over.
You certainly get good 3G in Durham Bus Station, and I'm sure I get alright 4G there too - which is probably faster than the Wi-Fi provided by bus companies anyway.

A little bit off-topic from the thread in hand but relevant to the current discussion... I can't see why Metro didn't include Wi-Fi provision as part of their refurbishment plan? Ever since I moved over to Monkwearmouth and started to use the Metro system more and more, I've always wondered why that was.

Unless you're on EE.

Re: RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - MrFozz - 30 Jun 2014

(30 Jun 2014, 9:12 am)Dan Precisely - he'd have it for all of five minutes whilst the 20 is laying over.

A little bit off-topic from the thread in hand but relevant to the current discussion... I can't see why Metro didn't include Wi-Fi provision as part of their refurbishment plan? Ever since I moved over to Monkwearmouth and started to use the Metro system more and more, I've always wondered why that was. There's a guy that goes to my school who gets the Metro from Park Lane to the stop before the Airport every day to and from school, because he lives in Corbridge and it works out cheaper for his mam to pick him up from there instead of at school... I'm sure he and other passengers who travel in a similar way would use the Wi-Fi, if it was there...

I can only get 4G on Villette Road and Dunston [ANGRY FACE]

(30 Jun 2014, 9:22 am)aureolin Unless you're on EE.

Well there's that... Tongue

(30 Jun 2014, 9:24 am)marxistafozzski I can only get 4G on Villette Road and Dunston [ANGRY FACE]

Oof, I get much better 4G than that!

Don't get it in my house, but as soon as I hit the bridge to head over to town, I get 4G. Seemingly a permanent 4G connection everywhere in Gateshead too. Newcastle and Durham are alright for 4G.
Y'gan to the likes of Hexham and Consett, and all ya get is 3G mind...... Tongue