North East Buses
Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Bus Related Outings and Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=307)

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adam - 23 Aug 2014

Returned from Filey/Scarborough this morning following yesterday's race against my friends. Had my first ride on an East Yorkshire bus, an Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 bodied Volvo B9TL, carrying fleet number 723.

09:15 #120 Primrose Valley - Scarborough Rail Station (723).

It's the first Volvo B9TL/ADL E400 combination I've been on. It seemed to cope with the challenging route quite well. Country roads and steep hills a plenty.

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 23 Aug 2014

(23 Aug 2014, 5:36 pm)Adam Had my first ride on an East Yorkshire bus this morning:

09:15 Primrose Valley - Scarborough Rail Station (723). A single was £4.75

Was Rod from On The Yorkshire Buses your driver??? Tongue

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 23 Aug 2014

(23 Aug 2014, 5:37 pm)Marcus Was Rod from On The Yorkshire Buses your driver??? Tongue

He works for hull I think.

(23 Aug 2014, 5:39 pm)Tom He works for hull I think.

Oh yeah, forgot. In the first episode he worked a rural service from a different depot, didn't he?

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 23 Aug 2014

(23 Aug 2014, 5:39 pm)Marcus Oh yeah, forgot. In the first episode he worked a rural service from a different depot, didn't he?

For Hull - he was usually on City work though Smile

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adam - 23 Aug 2014

(23 Aug 2014, 5:37 pm)Marcus Was Rod from On The Yorkshire Buses your driver??? Tongue

No it wasn't Rod. Like Tom says, he mainly does Hull's city routes. I didn't recognise the driver I had. (Just reminded is though, I need to catch up on last night's episode).

Edit: I'm pretty sure the rural route Rod done was either the 163 or 164 to Beverley from somewhere, calling at all the little local villages.

(23 Aug 2014, 5:48 pm)Adam No it wasn't Rod. Like Tom says, he mainly does Hull's city routes. I didn't recognise the driver I had. (Just reminded is though, I need to catch up on last night's episode).

Edit: I'm pretty sure the rural route Rod done was either the 163 or 164 to Beverley from somewhere, calling at all the little local villages.

Yeah, I remember that scene where the woman (think she sounded foreign) got on and said 'to Beverley and back' or something? Then Rod said 'oh, a return?'

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - S813 FVK - 24 Aug 2014

(23 Aug 2014, 5:40 pm)Tom For Hull - he was usually on City work though Smile

Think it was Elloughton or something? Ill watch the episode back as im sure they say what depot it is.

Edit: Watched it back and it is indeed out of the Elloughton depot.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 24 Aug 2014

I may go to the rally at Seaburn tomorrow, anyone know what bus services go up there and where exactly it's on at.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 24 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 1:36 pm)AIG20 Does anyone know whether any Stagecoach and Go North East vehicles will be attending the Seaburn Rally tomorrow?

I don't think it's ever publicly announced. I'm hoping the Merc demo will be there. I know Dan had pointed out that it should have theoretically went back over the weekend, but I'm hoping that's delayed until Tuesday because of it being a public holiday.

I noticed the Alder Valley liveried Bristol VRTLL open top is scheduled to be there. Something a bit different at least. I don't think that the Tyne and Wear bus preservation group have said what they're taking (or if they even are) yet either.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Andreos1 - 24 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 1:52 pm)aureolin I don't think it's ever publicly announced. I'm hoping the Merc demo will be there. I know Dan had pointed out that it should have theoretically went back over the weekend, but I'm hoping that's delayed until Tuesday because of it being a public holiday.

I noticed the Alder Valley liveried Bristol VRTLL open top is scheduled to be there. Something a bit different at least. I don't think that the Tyne and Wear bus preservation group have said what they're taking (or if they even are) yet either.

The merc is on the 78 today - definitely hasn't gone back yet.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Malarkey - 24 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 1:52 pm)aureolin I don't think it's ever publicly announced. I'm hoping the Merc demo will be there. I know Dan had pointed out that it should have theoretically went back over the weekend, but I'm hoping that's delayed until Tuesday because of it being a public holiday.

List of Vehicles which have been entered so far, looks like the same Vehicles as Last Year and the Year Before, Preserved wise.
http://www.nebpt.co.uk/index.asp?pg=3&event=494

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 24 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 2:24 pm)NEBCD Malarkey List of Vehicles which have been entered so far, looks like the same Vehicles as Last Year and the Year Before, Preserved wise.

Pass...............

Think I may give Seaburn a miss now as most of the buses on that list I've already seen and I Don't want to pay £3 to see them again plus I don't know the area so I'll possibly get lost, will probably still be in the Sunderland area tomorrow though.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 24 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 4:59 pm)Jimmi Think I may give Seaburn a miss now as most of the buses on that list I've already seen and I Don't want to pay £3 to see them again plus I don't know the area so I'll possibly get lost, will probably still be in the Sunderland area tomorrow though.

I've been humming and haring over it most of the day. I kind of want to go in case there's a few surprises turn up, but I reckon if it's a massive let down, it'll kill any enthusiasm I have left these days.

I'll be heading over from Washington, so may get over early, and then at least I've got the rest of the day to play with.

My knees are in great pain so I may not be going out at all yet.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 25 Aug 2014

If you were thinking of heading over today, I'd probably save your £3. Stagecoach have brought one gas bus, arriva have brought nowt, and GNE have brought nowt.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Michael - 25 Aug 2014

(25 Aug 2014, 10:05 am)aureolin If you were thinking of heading over today, I'd probably save your £3. Stagecoach have brought one gas bus, arriva have brought nowt, and GNE have brought nowt.

Glad i didn't go, it seems to get worse of the last few years.....

Least stagecoach brought something...

Re: RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 25 Aug 2014

(25 Aug 2014, 10:07 am)Michael Glad i didn't go, it seems to get worse of the last few years.....

Least stagecoach brought something...
Can't blame them if I'm honest. There's more than enough preserved buses locally without having to be propped up by large operators, to the extent the Metro Centre was in May.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - S813 FVK - 25 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 2:24 pm)NEBCD Malarkey List of Vehicles which have been entered so far, looks like the same Vehicles as Last Year and the Year Before, Preserved wise.

It always is the same vehicles. Why pay to see them when you can go to the Metrocentre, Howlands and other bus events and see most of those buses for nowt?