North East Buses
Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Bus Related Outings and Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=307)

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 31 Dec 2014

(31 Dec 2014, 3:35 pm)Tom Was meant to be back by 3:30, but couldn't resist a ride on 3832 to Rowlands Gill.

#17 1114 Home to Cramlington 1215 - GNE 6025
#X11 1225 Cramlington to Haymarket 1225 - ANE 7611
#10 1305 Eldon Square to Metrocentre 1325 - GNE 60??
#43 1401 Metrocentre to Stanley 1445 - GNE 5338
#X43 1500 Stanley to Metrocentre 1525 - GNE 3830
#46 1530 Metrocentre to Rowlands Gill - GNE 3832

Hope you've got some photos, mind!

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 31 Dec 2014

Short day out, as I wanted to avoid the NYE chaos.

2A - Biddick to Penshaw - GNE 5322
2A - Penshaw to Wavendon - GNE 5320
5A - Wavendon to Sunderland Hospital - SNE 36089
16 - Sunderland Hospital to Fawcett Street - SNE 28039
2N23 - Sunderland to Heworth - Northern 142017
94 - Heworth to Gateshead - GNE 5221
X66 - Gateshead to Metrocentre - GNE 4843
X88 - Metrocentre to Washington Galleries - GNE 6028
83 - Washington Galleries - Home - GNE 8250

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - citaro5284 - 31 Dec 2014

(31 Dec 2014, 7:10 pm)aureolin Short day out, as I wanted to avoid the NYE chaos.

2A - Biddick to Penshaw - GNE 5322
2A - Penshaw to Wavendon - GNE 5320
5A - Wavendon to Sunderland Hospital - SNE 36089
16 - Sunderland Hospital to Fawcett Street - SNE 28039
2N23 - Sunderland to Heworth - Northern 142017
94 - Heworth to Gateshead - GNE 5221
X66 - Gateshead to Metrocentre - GNE 4843
X88 - Metrocentre to Washington Galleries - GNE 6028
83 - Washington Galleries - Home - GNE 8250

You not stopping at your parents again are you...damn Arriva  Tongue

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 31 Dec 2014

(31 Dec 2014, 7:21 pm)citaro5284 You not stopping at your parents again are you...damn Arriva  Tongue

Completely stranded I'm afraid! Not that I'd expect any services at all on New Years Day. Pretty pointless when nowt but supermarkets are open.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 31 Dec 2014

(31 Dec 2014, 7:24 pm)aureolin Completely stranded I'm afraid! Not that I'd expect any services at all on New Years Day. Pretty pointless when nowt but supermarkets are open.

I would offer you a lift....if I was old enough to drive! Tongue

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - citaro5284 - 31 Dec 2014

(31 Dec 2014, 7:26 pm)MarcTheA4 I would offer you a lift....if I was old enough to drive! Tongue

Now Marcus you wouldn't and we all know why.....you are a d**k  Big Grin

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 31 Dec 2014

(31 Dec 2014, 7:27 pm)citaro5284 Now Marcus you wouldn't and we all know why.....you are a d**k  Big Grin

Can't just leave aureolin stranded, with nothing to do. Let's just hope the PS4 he invested in is up and running! Wink

Maybe you could get one of the little anciallary vehicles and give him a lift! Rolleyes - plenty to pick from at Riverside!

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - MrFozz - 01 Jan 2015

(31 Dec 2014, 7:27 pm)citaro5284 Now Marcus you wouldn't and we all know why.....you are a d**k  Big Grin
Never a truer word spoken my friend

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tommy1581 - 01 Jan 2015

Back on the 18th December (left 0857 arrived back in Ashington at 1732)

0857 1 Fifth Ave-Ashington ANE1768
0902 35 Ashington-MorpethANE1581
09?? X18 Morpeth-RegentCentreANE7513
???? X22 RegentCentre-AshingtonANE7502
Early Lunch/pick up Buses magazine to read
???? X21Ashington-Newcastle ANE7524
???? X21EldonSquare-Gateshead GNE Pronto President
???? X66Gateshead-Metrocentre GNE????
???? Rail Metrocentre-Newcastle NT142093
???? 10 Central Stn-Northumberland St via W Denton SNE E400
???? 306 Newcastle-Whitley Bay ANE 15xx
???? 308 Whitley Bay-Blyth ANE MAX 76??
???? 1 Blyth-Ashington ANE1637
???? 1 Ashington-Fifth Ave ANE1768

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 01 Jan 2015

Teesside is on the cards for Mr tomorrow. Keep putting an Explorer trip off, but the boredom of today has just about pushed me on to it!

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - tyresmoke - 01 Jan 2015

(01 Jan 2015, 10:38 pm)aureolin Teesside is on the cards for Mr tomorrow. Keep putting an Explorer trip off, but the boredom of today has just about pushed me on to it!

Will give you a wave if you're around Middlesbrough, Guisborough etc!

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 01 Jan 2015

(01 Jan 2015, 10:41 pm)tyresmoke Will give you a wave if you're around Middlesbrough, Guisborough etc!
I'll keep an eye out! Don't know exactly where I'll end up yet, other than which X10 I'm getting. Smile

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 02 Jan 2015

82A - Biddick to Follingsby - GNE 8252
4 - Follingsby to Heworth - GNE 5358
X9 - Heworth to Middlesbrough - GNE 6071
X66 - Middlesbrough to Darlington - ANE 4644
X66 - Darlington to Stockton - ANE 4656
X7 - Stockton to Sunderland - GNE 5336
2A - Sunderland to Galleries - GNE 5321

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 02 Jan 2015

Had a day out with Tom today.

I got up 10:00, got to Chester for 10:40, and made my way to the 50 stand, intending to get it to Washington. Guess who was waiting with her friends to get the X22, just behind it, to the Metrocentre.......'the girl'....

I have publicly made it clear to everyone at school I have moved on. She is now my 'ex-crush'. She's a desert and I'm a tumbleweed....I just keep rollin'...but everything is still 'awkward'...

Anyway, she was standing there with her friends and I was contemplating either boarding the 50 or jumping in front of it.
Took a deep breath and headed over to 4926...hoping they wouldn't see me. How wrong I was. As I got on, the driver turned off the engine and got off to have a cigarette or something. Oh....
I decided to just look the other way, and after about thirty seconds I turned my head and all 4 of them were staring through the window at me laughing their asses off at my embarrasing shituation. What could I do other than smile..? Thank god we departed a moment later.

#50 - Chester-le-Street to Washington, The Galleries - Scania L94UA/Wright Solar - 4926
--- Absolutely horrendous bus. Truly awful. ---

Got off at the Galleries and went for the X1. Didn't look busy so I just got on no bother.

#X1 - Washington, The Galleries to Newcastle, Eldon Square - Volvo B9TL/Wright Gemini 2 6006
--- Meh. Not much to say, it was okay, nice and quiet. ---

Walked across to Haymarket looking for Tom. He texted me to say he would be delayed because of the traffic. He got off 7805 (? - it was a Coastliner 308) and we spent an awkward moment trying to working out if we were looking at each other, and he said he couldn't see anything good in Haymarket, and we walked across to Blackett Street as nothing good was in Eldon Square. We saw a 100 and went for it.

#100 - Newcastle, Blackett Street to MetroCentre Interchange - Alexander Dennis Enviro300 - 27506
--- Not many comments to make, was a busy journey but we both had seats so everything was okay. ---

Went into Poundland for some change, and then made our way across to the railway station for some photos. We saw a National Holidays coach in the coach park so we went for a photo (probs the first time his camera has been out in the open in 3 months!! Tongue) and then caught a photo of a Northern Rail 142 heading to Newcastle before heading back over to the bus station.

Saw a 47 depart, shame as it was an Eclipse. Saw a 43 heading to Newcastle but opted for the 10 instead.

#10 - MetroCentre Interchange to Newcastle, Eldon Square - Volvo B95L/Wright Gemini 2 - 6073
--- Bus was superb, the best of the day by far. Traffic gave us the opportunity to have a talk. Smile

Walked across to Haymarket for a ride to Regent Centre. Saw a Sapphire so got on.

#X22 - Newcastle, Haymarket to Regent Centre Metro - Dennis Trident 2/Alexander Enviro400 - 7509
--- Absolute disgrace to the bus industry. Awful seating, bluh!! ---

Walked across to the Newcastle-bound stands. There was an ALX400 and a Solo but they left before we could get on.

#X11 - Regent Centre Metro to Newcastle, Haymarket - VDL DB300/Wright Gemini 2 - 7622
--- No better than 7509, not much to say really. ---

Walked across to Eldon Square and left Tom, as I had to be back home at mother's request, and he went up to Consett on an X70, as it was 3823. Waited a while for the X21, and luckily it was a Lolyne.

#X21 - Newcastle, Eldon Square to Chester-le-Street - Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolyne - 3879
--- Okay, bit crowded but a nice quiet journey on the upper deck. ---

Went up to Bon Bons (it's a sweet shop) to get my parents some stuff. Spend £11.40 overall on my dad's floral gums and my mam's liquorice. hehe

#21 - Chester-le-Street to Home - Volvo B5HL/Wright Gemini 2 - 6057
--- Really short journey but it was alright. ---

Overall - good day! Big Grin

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 03 Jan 2015

(02 Jan 2015, 4:18 pm)MarcTheA4 Had a day out with Tom today.

I got up 10:00, got to Chester for 10:40, and made my way to the 50 stand, intending to get it to Washington. Guess who was waiting with her friends to get the X22, just behind it, to the Metrocentre.......'the girl'....

I have publicly made it clear to everyone at school I have moved on. She is now my 'ex-crush'. She's a desert and I'm a tumbleweed....I just keep rollin'...but everything is still 'awkward'...

Anyway, she was standing there with her friends and I was contemplating either boarding the 50 or jumping in front of it.
Took a deep breath and headed over to 4926...hoping they wouldn't see me. How wrong I was. As I got on, the driver turned off the engine and got off to have a cigarette or something. Oh....
I decided to just look the other way, and after about thirty seconds I turned my head and all 4 of them were staring through the window at me laughing their asses off at my embarrasing shituation. What could I do other than smile..? Thank god we departed a moment later.

#50 - Chester-le-Street to Washington, The Galleries - Scania L94UA/Wright Solar - 4926
--- Absolutely horrendous bus. Truly awful. ---

Got off at the Galleries and went for the X1. Didn't look busy so I just got on no bother.

#X1 - Washington, The Galleries to Newcastle, Eldon Square - Volvo B9TL/Wright Gemini 2 6006
--- Meh. Not much to say, it was okay, nice and quiet. ---

Walked across to Haymarket looking for Tom. He texted me to say he would be delayed because of the traffic. He got off 7805 (? - it was a Coastliner 308) and we spent an awkward moment trying to working out if we were looking at each other, and he said he couldn't see anything good in Haymarket, and we walked across to Blackett Street as nothing good was in Eldon Square. We saw a 100 and went for it.

#100 - Newcastle, Blackett Street to MetroCentre Interchange - Alexander Dennis Enviro300 - 27506
--- Not many comments to make, was a busy journey but we both had seats so everything was okay. ---

Went into Poundland for some change, and then made our way across to the railway station for some photos. We saw a National Holidays coach in the coach park so we went for a photo (probs the first time his camera has been out in the open in 3 months!! Tongue) and then caught a photo of a Northern Rail 142 heading to Newcastle before heading back over to the bus station.

Saw a 47 depart, shame as it was an Eclipse. Saw a 43 heading to Newcastle but opted for the 10 instead.

#10 - MetroCentre Interchange to Newcastle, Eldon Square - Volvo B95L/Wright Gemini 2 - 6073
--- Bus was superb, the best of the day by far. Traffic gave us the opportunity to have a talk. Smile

Walked across to Haymarket for a ride to Regent Centre. Saw a Sapphire so got on.

#X22 - Newcastle, Haymarket to Regent Centre Metro - Dennis Trident 2/Alexander Enviro400 - 7509
--- Absolute disgrace to the bus industry. Awful seating, bluh!! ---

Walked across to the Newcastle-bound stands. There was an ALX400 and a Solo but they left before we could get on.

#X11 - Regent Centre Metro to Newcastle, Haymarket - VDL DB300/Wright Gemini 2 - 7622
--- No better than 7509, not much to say really. ---

Walked across to Eldon Square and left Tom, as I had to be back home at mother's request, and he went up to Consett on an X70, as it was 3823. Waited a while for the X21, and luckily it was a Lolyne.

#X21 - Newcastle, Eldon Square to Chester-le-Street - Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolyne - 3879
--- Okay, bit crowded but a nice quiet journey on the upper deck. ---

Went up to Bon Bons (it's a sweet shop) to get my parents some stuff. Spend £11.40 overall on my dad's floral gums and my mam's liquorice. hehe

#21 - Chester-le-Street to Home - Volvo B5HL/Wright Gemini 2 - 6057
--- Really short journey but it was alright. ---

Overall - good day! Big Grin

Sounds like a good day, but I notice no flickr updates from either of you. Sad 

Have you both been put off taking photos or something? Shame like, as there's a lot of stuff you will potentially miss if you don't get it now.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 03 Jan 2015

Was originally going to go to Sunderland today but then I heard the ex Arriva Southern Counties were in service and then I decided to stay up late last night so I didn't fancy getting up at 7am so I just went to Durham and this is how the day went.

1002 7 Newton Aycliffe - Durham (ANE 1516)
1108 62 Durham - Arnison Centre (ANE 1762)
1150 64 Arnison Centre - Bek Road / Eden Road (ANE 1313)
1210 64 Bek Road / Eden Road - Sunderland Road (ANE 1327)
1239 20 Sunderland Road - Durham Millburngate Bridge
walk to New Inn for some photos.
1407 6 New Inn - Croxdale, Rogerson Terrace (ANE 7464)
1416 7 Croxdale - Newton Aycliffe (ANE 1520)

The day started off badly as the 7 ended up having to let every bus reverse off the stands in Durham Bus Station so by the time I got off the 7 and got onto North Road the two Enviro 200s were both leaving at the point I got out of the Bus Station and I was not amused so I ended up waiting for one towards the Arnsion Centre but unfortunately the next two journeys were Darts so I decided to jump on the 62 and get some food and drinks at the Arnison Centre knowing I had some wait until the next one would be an E200. Unfortunately by 1150 I was bored so I ended up getting on 1313 and to make matters worse someone I knew from school who I don't particularly like was also on 1313 so I had to talk to him and his dad until they got off somewhere in Newton Hall and just after it got away from the Arnison Centre I saw an E200 so I jumped off by the vets in Fram and got 1327 to the stop in Gilesgate just before it goes round Musgrave Gardens then ran up the road for a shot of 1327 and also got photos of 6020 on the 20A and 3981 on the 20 then quickly ran across the road and jumped on 3981 into Durham. Then I pretty much walked along the X1 route towards the New Inn for some photos and I think I got some good shots down there. Then I jumped on the 6 to Croxdale then onto the 7 home.

Photos can be seen on my Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 03 Jan 2015

(03 Jan 2015, 3:47 pm)aureolin Sounds like a good day, but I notice no flickr updates from either of you. Sad 

Have you both been put off taking photos or something? Shame like, as there's a lot of stuff you will potentially miss if you don't get it now.

I've got photos - but haven't had the chance to upload them.
They aren't the best either.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 03 Jan 2015

I've been trying to limit my days out recently as I have mock exams next week in school, but I decided that today would be my final day out before two full days of solid revision. I didn't really have a set plan, other than I wanted to go to nPower (for a photo of the 35A and Park & Ride services - unbeknown to me at the time that the latter didn't operate on Saturdays) and to Durham (for photos of the new ANE Enviro200s and GNE Volvo B7 repaints). Expected to go to Newcastle after that, but it didn't quite work out like that...

0954 Metro - Stadium of Light to Park Lane (T&WM 4019)
1002 20A - Park Lane to Rainton Bridge (GNE 5212)
1050 20A - Rainton Bridge to Durham (GNE 4992)
1152 7 - Durham to Darlington (ANE 1521)
1320 X66 - Darlington to Stockton (ANE 4656)
1413 37 - Stockton to Middlesbrough (SNE 27167)
1510 X7 - Middlesbrough to Sunderland (GNE 5334)
1634 Metro - Park Lane to Stadium of Light (T&WM 4021)

Like Jimmi, my day also started off badly (but for different reasons). As I missed the 09:47 #35A, I had to rely on a rather risky 2-minute connection in Park Lane. The Metro was 1 minute late, which meant it was a 1-minute connection. I had to run to catch the 20A, but I did manage. Once I got to Rainton Bridge, it soon became clear that the Park & Ride services don't operate on Saturdays, meaning that I had 20 minutes to wait in the cold. Enjoyed my ride on 4992 - you can tell it's recently had an engine overhaul, that's for sure. Decided at last minute to hop on the 7 to Darlington to catch a few MAX Omnis, forgetting how long and boring the journey is (could really do with an express version of the 7). Had to endure an X66 journey with an incredibly smelly man sitting next to me, and the Wi-Fi wasn't working either. Decided I wanted to kill some time so I got on the 37 to Middlesbrough - was meant to pull in at 25 mins past, didn't get there until 30 despite leaving Stockton on time. Meant that I missed the TTX back up to Newcastle, so I decided to just get the X7 back home instead. Metrocar 4021 is awful. Tongue

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 03 Jan 2015

Keep meaning to get photos of the nPower Park and Ride services - how often do they run around 1pm sort of time on weekdays?

I'd hate to do the full 7 route, thankfully I never have to do this. I did ride the old 7A from the Arnison Centre to Darlington once but back then DurhamGate didn't exist and the bus allocated on that journey on that day was Volvo Olympian 7363 and I hadn't rode them on anything apart from the X66, I enjoyed that journey so much I ended up doing the full route.

I've had WiFi problems on the MAX Omnicitys although I think I somehow deleted the network on my phone, so if anyone knows how to get it back on my Windows Phone please let me know!

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 03 Jan 2015

(03 Jan 2015, 5:33 pm)Jimmi Keep meaning to get photos of the nPower Park and Ride services - how often do they run around 1pm sort of time on weekdays?

I'd hate to do the full 7 route, thankfully I never have to do this. I did ride the old 7A from the Arnison Centre to Darlington once but back then DurhamGate didn't exist and the bus allocated on that journey on that day was Volvo Olympian 7363 and I hadn't rode them on anything apart from the X66, I enjoyed that journey so much I ended up doing the full route.

I've had WiFi problems on the MAX Omnicitys although I think I somehow deleted the network on my phone, so if anyone knows how to get it back on my Windows Phone please let me know!

One is every 15 mins and iirc the other is every 20 minutes.