North East Buses
Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Bus Related Outings and Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=307)

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - citaro5284 - 27 Feb 2015

(27 Feb 2015, 7:53 pm)Dan Haven't used the X78 since June or July 2014, so decided that it would be best to have one last ride of it. Probably will be my last time on it as I'll be otherwise occupied on weekdays from next week.

Too right you will be..... Tongue

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 27 Feb 2015

(27 Feb 2015, 8:15 pm)aureolin What'd 7610 end up doing? I wonder if it was taken out and dropped back in somewhere?

Left Durham on the X2 to Newcastle running around 12 minutes late.

Was 12 minutes late this morning too.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - S813 FVK - 27 Feb 2015

(27 Feb 2015, 7:53 pm)Dan Not much to say about 6012 - not a great President, but glad it turned up as I needed a photo of it following its recent repaint. Was pleasantly surprised that the kids who got on from Robert's school weren't particularly rowdy, but they did look older, so perhaps that's why. Missed the Weardale scholars services but did get some photos of some of Go North East's.

You were on that? I wouldnt have seen you but i was on 3880 towards the back of the 'convoy' of buses in the school - it was last red decker with 2 olympians bringing up the rear. 6010 would have passed 6012 not long after Lanchester heading in the opposite direction. Dont know if you managed to get a photo of it later/earlier in the day though.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 27 Feb 2015

(27 Feb 2015, 8:45 pm)Robert You were on that? I wouldnt have seen you but i was on 3880 towards the back of the 'convoy' of buses in the school - it was last red decker with 2 olympians bringing up the rear. 6010 would have passed 6012 not long after Lanchester heading in the opposite direction. Dont know if you managed to get a photo of it later/earlier in the day though.

Yep, I got both. Smile 

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - S813 FVK - 27 Feb 2015

(27 Feb 2015, 8:46 pm)Dan Yep, I got both. Smile 

Good good Smile 

So... What made Jimmi decide against using the Nikon today? Tongue

(27 Feb 2015, 9:07 pm)Dan So... What made Jimmi decide against using the Nikon today? Tongue

Today was not specifically a bus photo day, I decided I wanted a trip to the MetroCentre today and I didn't fancy lugging my Nikon round the Metro incase people bumped into me or shoved me into shop windows which happened on a previous trip. I am being cautious when I am carrying it around as it is an expensive piece of kit. So because I wasn't really going to be taking any photos today I took my little Sony camera which I could just shove in my pocket and not worry about it being damaged.

As ever I wasn't really talkative when I saw you in Durham, I am not really good with talking to people - I sometimes wish I was but sadly I'm not but there is actually a reason for this but its nothing bad.

(27 Feb 2015, 9:17 pm)Jimmi Today was not specifically a bus photo day, I decided I wanted a trip to the MetroCentre today and I didn't fancy lugging my Nikon round the Metro incase people bumped into me or shoved me into shop windows which happened on a previous trip. I am being cautious when I am carrying it around as it is an expensive piece of kit. So because I wasn't really going to be taking any photos today I took my little Sony camera which I could just shove in my pocket and not worry about it being damaged.

As ever I wasn't really talkative when I saw you in Durham, I am not really good with talking to people - I sometimes wish I was but sadly I'm not but there is actually a reason for this but its nothing bad.
Aye, nee worries...
I got a hi today - more I get from Marcus!

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 27 Feb 2015

(27 Feb 2015, 9:19 pm)Dan Aye, nee worries...

Whey...if ya was'ne gannen ta Carleel t'morra we's could'a made a day oot 'a it!

Sorry that's the best I can do. Big Grin

(27 Feb 2015, 9:21 pm)MarcTheA4 Whey...if ya was'ne gannen ta Carleel t'morra we's could'a made a day oot 'a it!

Sorry that's the best I can do. Big Grin
Well the invite was there but some of us don't like travelling huge distances!

(27 Feb 2015, 9:19 pm)Dan Aye, nee worries...

Ha!

The Sony camera may also make an appearance next Monday (March 9th) when I head to Manchester to see Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds.

I'm not promising any bus photos but I hope to take a few while I'm there.

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 27 Feb 2015

(27 Feb 2015, 9:22 pm)Dan Well the invite was there but some of us don't like travelling huge distances!

Yeah I don't think I could last that long without losing the will to live. Wink

(27 Feb 2015, 9:23 pm)MarcTheA4 Yeah I don't think I could last that long without losing the will to live. Wink

Yeah it can make you lose your sanity after that long.

I will probably do Carlisle in May.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - MrFozz - 27 Feb 2015

(27 Feb 2015, 9:26 pm)Jimmi Yeah it can make you lose your sanity after that long.

I will probably do Carlisle in May.
I am looking at doing Carlisle in the Summer, I will bus it up and get the train back

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 27 Feb 2015

(27 Feb 2015, 9:23 pm)MarcTheA4 Yeah I don't think I could last that long without losing the will to live. Wink

The 685 isn't that bad! 
Are you bottling that too lol? Wink 

(27 Feb 2015, 9:28 pm)MrFozz I am looking at doing Carlisle in the Summer, I will bus it up and get the train back

I will get the bus both ways, I may jump off in Brampton on the way to Carlisle then jump on a short 685 to Carlisle.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - citaro5284 - 27 Feb 2015

(27 Feb 2015, 9:22 pm)Dan Well the invite was there but some of us don't like travelling huge distances!

And some would have to pay.....

(27 Feb 2015, 9:31 pm)Tom The 685 isn't that bad! 

Are you bottling that too lol? Wink 

The 685 is quite a nice route and I am looking forward to doing it again. Just wish I didn't have to spend nearly 2 hours on the 7 & 21/X2/X21 to Newcastle first.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 27 Feb 2015

(27 Feb 2015, 9:31 pm)Jimmi I will get the bus both ways, I may jump off in Brampton on the way to Carlisle then jump on a short 685 to Carlisle.

If you get a North West Explorer you could go to Central Lakes too. 
Could you not get the train to Newcastle?

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - MrFozz - 27 Feb 2015

(27 Feb 2015, 9:34 pm)Tom If you get a North West Explorer you could go to Central Lakes too. 
Could you not get the train to Newcastle?
From Aycliffe, he would have to go down to Darlo to come back up