North East Buses
Stagecoach North East Latest News - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East Latest News (/showthread.php?tid=3180)

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - BusEnthusiast.com - 11 Nov 2023

(10 Nov 2023, 9:40 pm)Storx GNE got the better deal from it imo as they gained an area whereas Arriva got absolutely nothing bar getting of routes which we're competitively dumped in their place.

Weird place that Stagecoach is the main operator of the Newcastle to Hexham runs and currently the only operator in Hexham, how things go around in circles.

Yeah I'm surprised aswell but it will only be hourly service there which is quite bad

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - MetrolineGA1511 - 11 Nov 2023

(16 Oct 2023, 2:04 pm)Rob44 according to this the £2 fare cap is now till dec 2024, but ive also notice that its not available on the 685 ran by SCNE but is available on the SCNW service 685?  I'm assuming these are the same service or Newcastle to carlike?

In September I rode route 685 from Carlisle to Newcastle for £2, and it was a Stagecoach North East bus.

Stagecoach North East Latest News - pbjd - 11 Nov 2023

(10 Nov 2023, 2:54 pm)Chris 1 Possibly due to the number of route variations the 100 can take. I recall reading somewhere, can't remember if it was on here or a facebook group, that if a double decker was allocated the allocator was for the high jump.

It’s still the same now, despite the 100 having not ran for a while at the bottom of the daily allocation sheet it says 6/7&100 mustn’t be deckers and anyone who takes one on 6/7 will be disciplined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Rob44 - 12 Nov 2023

on way back to the penthouse after an early finish from work. sitting at the traffic lights at Haworth waiting to cross the felling by pass, what comes bombing out of the bus station but the x24! suppose its one way to keep to time by using the deserted bus station that you dont drop off or pick up from as a short cut to keep to time

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - MurdnunoC - 12 Nov 2023

(12 Nov 2023, 7:45 am)Rob44 on way back to the penthouse after an early finish from work. sitting at the traffic lights at Haworth waiting to cross the felling by pass, what comes bombing out of the bus station but the x23!  suppose its one way to keep to time by using the deserted bus station  that you dont drop off or pick up from as a short cut to keep to time

X23? Where does that go?

Surely you mean the X24 or X34?

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Coastliner700 - 12 Nov 2023

(11 Nov 2023, 9:35 pm)pbjd It’s still the same now, despite the 100 having not ran for a while at the bottom of the daily allocation sheet it says 6/7&100 mustn’t be deckers and anyone who takes one on 6/7 will be disciplined.

I can remember the no 7 stating on the running boards no double deckers to be allocated this being before the 6 had started and the 7 ran its original route. What’s the reason for the 7 there is no low bridges at all on that route.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Rob44 - 12 Nov 2023

(12 Nov 2023, 8:01 am)MurdnunoC X23? Where does that go?

Surely you mean the X24 or X34?

yeh fat fingers it was the x24

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - F114TML - 12 Nov 2023

(12 Nov 2023, 7:45 am)Rob44 on way back to the penthouse after an early finish from work. sitting at the traffic lights at Haworth waiting to cross the felling by pass, what comes bombing out of the bus station but the x24!  suppose its one way to keep to time by using the deserted bus station  that you dont drop off or pick up from as a short cut to keep to time

Yeah the X24 and 34 are allowed to go through the bus station to avoid the traffic, providing it doesn't stop in the bus station

Stagecoach North East Latest News - pbjd - 12 Nov 2023

(12 Nov 2023, 9:13 am)Coastliner700 I can remember the no 7 stating on the running boards no double deckers to be allocated this being before the 6 had started and the 7 ran its original route. What’s the reason for the 7 there is no low bridges at all on that route.

I believe the reason is linked to the old service 8 to Central Station which used to run under a low bridge in the City.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - ASX_Terranova - 12 Nov 2023

(12 Nov 2023, 11:26 am)pbjd I believe the reason is linked to the old service 8 to Central Station which used to run under a low bridge in the City.

That 8 used to serve Monarch Road, i believe you cant rejoin scotswood road unless you go under a low bridge. 

Also, are there any rumors about SNE taking on some Washington routes. People in other transport related forums have hinted as such.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - 54APhotography - 12 Nov 2023

(12 Nov 2023, 7:45 am)Rob44 on way back to the penthouse after an early finish from work. sitting at the traffic lights at Haworth waiting to cross the felling by pass, what comes bombing out of the bus station but the x24!  suppose its one way to keep to time by using the deserted bus station  that you dont drop off or pick up from as a short cut to keep to time

Conversely it is also used to burn time if traffic is light

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Unber43 - 12 Nov 2023

I've gotten the X24 several times and It's never used Felling By Pass its always went Sunderland Road way

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - MurdnunoC - 12 Nov 2023

(12 Nov 2023, 11:54 am)ASX_Terranova That 8 used to serve Monarch Road, i believe you cant rejoin scotswood road unless you go under a low bridge. 

Also, are there any rumors about SNE taking on some Washington routes. People in other transport related forums have hinted as such.

The 604 used to serve Monarch Road using deckers by using Railway Terrace between Water Street and Dunn Street (before re-joining Scotswood Road). The bridge on Water Street has a height restriction but I don't think the one on Dunn Street has any signed restriction on the bridge itself.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - LVK 404L - 12 Nov 2023

(12 Nov 2023, 7:39 pm)Unber43 I've gotten the X24 several times and It's never used Felling By Pass its always went Sunderland Road way

Its 50/50 for me, often bypass as much as Sunderland Road, but it also depends on if rush hour

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - F114TML - 12 Nov 2023

There are some drivers who never use the Felling bypass unless they're the first or second bus on a morning or the last one on a night. Unless there's an incident, it's down to driver discresion, even driver preference.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Michael - 13 Nov 2023

4 vehicle crash at the Wheatschef, Stagecoach E300 involved

https://fb.watch/ohTvbfjGh4/

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - BusEnthusiast.com - 13 Nov 2023

(13 Nov 2023, 1:29 pm)Michael 4 vehicle crash at the Wheatschef, Stagecoach E300 involved

https://fb.watch/ohTvbfjGh4/

What happened because the link isn't working

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Michael - 13 Nov 2023

(13 Nov 2023, 6:24 pm)BusEnthusiast.com What happened because the link isn't working

Strange, its working for me.

Not sure, but it looks like the bus went in to a car, which caused it to hit another 2 cars.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - ReDemPTiion - 14 Nov 2023

22581 has entered service in Sunderland on service 13. I’m now wondering if 27739 at slatyford is now more of a permanent move.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - LVK 404L - 14 Nov 2023

(14 Nov 2023, 12:13 pm)ReDemPTiion 22581 has entered service in Sunderland on service 13. I’m now wondering if 27739 at slatyford is now more of a permanent move.

Possibly but 27739 went from Shields so does it need repacing at Shields?