North East Buses
Stagecoach North East Latest News - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East Latest News (/showthread.php?tid=3180)

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - BusEnthusiast.com - 10 Dec 2023

(10 Dec 2023, 12:52 am)glen I been reading on stagecoach North East and stagecoach North West page there is morecambe trident at Stockton depot 18364? Is it ? true?

No it must be false tracking

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Dans_bus_photos - 10 Dec 2023

(10 Dec 2023, 12:03 am)stagecoachbusdepot Hopefully to Slatyford to increase capacity, and not out of region?

Although they are desperately needed at Slatyford, I'd doubt it considering these 2 are not Euro 6 they will need to be away from Newcastle.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - BusEnthusiast.com - 10 Dec 2023

Why is the 40 going to Walker fro Tuesday only:
https://bustimes.org/services/40-chapel-house-hillhead-parkway-walker-rhodes-str#map

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - F114TML - 10 Dec 2023

(10 Dec 2023, 12:03 am)stagecoachbusdepot Hopefully to Slatyford to increase capacity, and not out of region?

They're probably going elsewhere. I believe we're losing 19114 and 211 to elsewhere too, to be replaced by 2 MMCs.

Makes sense - they're all Euro 4 (114 I think is Euro 3 cos it doesn't take AdBlue, hence why it goes like the clappers), and it'll mean Walker and Sunderland have a full Euro 6 Decker fleet.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Aaron21 - 10 Dec 2023

(10 Dec 2023, 9:19 am)BusEnthusiast.com Why is the 40 going to Walker fro Tuesday only:
https://bustimes.org/services/40-chapel-house-hillhead-parkway-walker-rhodes-str#map

Boxing day only. Doesn't run to Wallsend

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - toward6931 - 10 Dec 2023

(10 Dec 2023, 9:35 am)F114TML They're probably going elsewhere. I believe we're losing 19114 and 211 to elsewhere too, to be replaced by 2 MMCs.

Makes sense - they're all Euro 4 (114 I think is Euro 3 cos it doesn't take AdBlue, hence why it goes like the clappers), and it'll mean Walker and Sunderland have a full Euro 6 Decker fleet.

if there is something compatible coming in their places i dont mind it but any E400 is better than single decks for slatyford atm

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Kuyoyo - 10 Dec 2023

(10 Dec 2023, 11:01 am)toward6931 if there is something compatible coming in their places i dont mind it but any E400 is better than single decks for slatyford atm

There is - 11770-11780 replace the E400s being cascaded out of the region. As originally intended when the original order plan was announced.

(10 Dec 2023, 11:22 am)Kuyoyo There is - 11770-11780 replace the E400s being cascaded out of the region. As originally intended when the original order plan was announced.

yes, but when slatyford is around ten double decks short its no good losing double decks, even if they held on to just 5 of them

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Ianthegoon - 10 Dec 2023

(10 Dec 2023, 12:25 pm)toward6931 yes, but when slatyford is around ten double decks short its no good losing double decks, even if they held on to just 5 of them

That's still no good if there's deckers at Slatyford that can't actually be used because they don't meet the emissions standards for the area!

If they've been using these non-compliant ones up to now it will either be because there's been an agreement due to replacements being due, which won't be extendable, or they'll have been paying the fines, which certainly isn't sustainable long term.

(10 Dec 2023, 1:24 pm)Ianthegoon That's still no good if there's deckers at Slatyford that can't actually be used because they don't meet the emissions standards for the area!

If they've been using these non-compliant ones up to now it will either be because there's been an agreement due to replacements being due, which won't be extendable, or they'll have been paying the fines, which certainly isn't sustainable long term.

i was under the impression they had modifications to the exhaust systems etc so that while the engines were not compliant, emissions were

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - F114TML - 10 Dec 2023

19205 and 211 never recieved those mods.
Not sure 114 COULD be modded in that way - like I say it doesn't take AdBlue.
Not sure on 19179.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Lottie332 - 10 Dec 2023

(10 Dec 2023, 6:48 am)BusEnthusiast.com No it must be false tracking

its true theres a photo of it on facebook

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - ne14ne1 - 11 Dec 2023

(07 Dec 2023, 7:49 pm)ne14ne1 How come the latest 400MMCs examples to arrive don’t have a blue line below the windscreen like the ones that arrived a month or so back do?

And then this one has a white lip at the bottom of the front panel:

https://flic.kr/p/2pkXCCy

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - toward6931 - 11 Dec 2023

i prefer that little bit of white

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - stagecoachfan - 11 Dec 2023

(10 Dec 2023, 6:48 am)BusEnthusiast.com No it must be false tracking

18364 definitely at Stockton, photographed it today

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Rapidsnap - 11 Dec 2023

Chances are both Tridents are probably being prepared locally for further use by charitable organisations.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - stagecoachfan - 11 Dec 2023

(11 Dec 2023, 9:40 pm)Rapidsnap Chances are both Tridents are probably being prepared locally for further use by charitable organisations.

Both?
What's the other one?

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - glen - 11 Dec 2023

I hope getting some more if for service I see Stockton depot get more deckers

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Rapidsnap - 11 Dec 2023

Transbus Trident / Transbus President is 18040 at Walkergate, came from the East Midlands, destined for Charity. I wouldn't be suprised if the one that has appeared at Stockton will be going the same way.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - col87 - 12 Dec 2023

(11 Dec 2023, 10:52 pm)Rapidsnap Transbus Trident / Transbus President is 18040 at Walkergate, came from the East Midlands, destined for Charity. I wouldn't be suprised if the one that has appeared at Stockton will be going the same way.

At the moment nobody knows but it seems likely it could be used as a donor vehicle for the remaining open top buses at Sunderland or possibly even joining them as an open top.  While they is a very slim chance it does unfortunately seem unlikely it’s there for front line service work and if it was I would think it would only be temporarily while a newer bus was been sourced before doing one of the above eventually.

(11 Dec 2023, 10:52 pm)Rapidsnap Transbus Trident / Transbus President is 18040 at Walkergate, came from the East Midlands, destined for Charity. I wouldn't be suprised if the one that has appeared at Stockton will be going the same way.

At the moment nobody knows but it seems likely it could be used as a donor vehicle for the remaining open top buses at Sunderland or possibly even joining them as an open top.  While they is a very slim chance it does unfortunately seem unlikely it’s there for front line service work and if it was I would think it would only be temporarily while a newer bus was been sourced before doing one of the above eventually.