North East Buses
Stagecoach North East Latest News - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East Latest News (/showthread.php?tid=3180)

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Unber43 - 30 Jan 2023

Is there any routes that SCNE have that dont leave CAZ as they could just keep them on that route and dont let them leaving the CAZ therefore only one payment

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Coastliner700 - 30 Jan 2023

(30 Jan 2023, 9:13 pm)Unber43 Is there any routes that SCNE have that dont leave CAZ as they could just keep them on that route and dont let them leaving the CAZ therefore only one payment
Only ones I can think of are the 6/7 possibly not entering CAZ and 68 maybe

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - F114TML - 30 Jan 2023

(30 Jan 2023, 9:03 pm)ReDemPTiion Stagecoach just don’t seem bothered tbh, they’ve had all month not to mention all the warning before the CAZ came in to sort their fleet out yet they haven’t. I honestly wonder how long the council have gave them to sort it out.
Probably still reeling from the Sunderland pay rise tbh.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - N391OTY - 30 Jan 2023

(30 Jan 2023, 9:03 pm)ReDemPTiion Stagecoach just don’t seem bothered tbh, they’ve had all month not to mention all the warning before the CAZ came in to sort their fleet out yet they haven’t. I honestly wonder how long the council have gave them to sort it out.

And to add insult to injury, I spotted 39727 working in Newcastle this evening (not tracking in Bustimes though) on John Dobson St. Didn't catch what route it was on, unfortunately.

As an aside, did anyone notice 39711 tracking up near Alnwick yesterday ?

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Storx - 30 Jan 2023

Well if they pull the we've ordered new buses card, then indefinitely.

It's one of the exemptions - https://www.breathe-cleanair.com/local-exemptions

Vehicles awaiting retrofit or replacement vehicle
Along with an application form you are required to provide your V5C registration document and a receipt of purchase to evidence your order of a new vehicle or retrofit and the expected date of delivery.
This exemption will be for one-year from the retrofit or replacement vehicle order, or when work is completed or the new vehicle is supplied (whichever is earliest).

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - glen - 31 Jan 2023

Why as 5 Stockton buses go up Newcastle only 3 buses down from Newcastle? We should have 5 buses to.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - toward6931 - 31 Jan 2023

(31 Jan 2023, 3:10 am)glen Why as 5 Stockton buses go up Newcastle only 3 buses down from Newcastle? We should have 5 buses to.
probably having work done/ repaint

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - glen - 31 Jan 2023

Thanks for info mate

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - pbjd - 31 Jan 2023

(30 Jan 2023, 8:41 pm)54APhotography 27251 worked up this afternoon, rode on it from Lemington Road Ends to town on a 10 displaying Middlesbrough as the destination!
That was myself driving, I had it on the 11 as a replacement for a defective 26071, blinds weren't updated so was told to run as a 10 to Boro til a fitter gave me the USB do do it on Kenton Road.

(30 Jan 2023, 10:54 pm)N391OTY And to add insult to injury, I spotted 39727 working in Newcastle this evening (not tracking in Bustimes though) on John Dobson St. Didn't catch what route it was on, unfortunately.

39727 was on Benwells yesterday.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - 54APhotography - 31 Jan 2023

(31 Jan 2023, 1:23 pm)pbjd That was myself driving, I had it on the 11 as a replacement for a defective 26071, blinds weren't updated so was told to run as a 10 to Boro til a fitter gave me the USB do do it on Kenton Road.

39727 was on Benwells yesterday.
Ah Ha that's why! I got on at Denton, not Lemington, mixed up for a moment! Noticed it showed West Denton upon your return in town.
39727 hasn't tracked since December, we assumed it was on death row with 39729!

(30 Jan 2023, 10:54 pm)N391OTY And to add insult to injury, I spotted 39727 working in Newcastle this evening (not tracking in Bustimes though) on John Dobson St. Didn't catch what route it was on, unfortunately.

The GPS must have gone haywire as 39711 was on the 1658 Thorney Close to Seaburn, apparently Via Seaham, somewhere off the coast of Filey, then Port Wemyss, Sanqhuar and Wall!

(29 Jan 2023, 9:42 pm)Madmackem22 Heard a rumour the gas buses at Sunderland are to be disposed of by October this year, unsure of what possible replacements will be coming
There are no orders bar those handful of E400MMC for Newcastle. the 28xxx are only at half life, if as some are saying CNG is no longer viable then they would be better off being re-engined to diesel for the remaining 7 or 8 years

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Storx - 31 Jan 2023

(31 Jan 2023, 4:06 pm)54APhotography There are no orders bar those handful of E400MMC for Newcastle. the 28xxx are only at half life, if as some are saying CNG is no longer viable then they would be better off being re-engined to diesel for the remaining 7 or 8 years

Not easy to reengine though I'd imagine and would be a expensive job to do. It's the tanks which need to be replaced from what I've heard though. 

Not sure it's worth it to spend thousands of pounds on lightweight vehicles with 5 year left vs spending a little bit more and getting something new or getting some cascades from elsewhere.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - deanmachine - 31 Jan 2023

It's quite funny all these companies spending money on more sustainable vehicles such as hybrids and gas powered buses to half way through their service life going "these are a bit expensive, let's get rid". Doesn't look good for the future of the EVs coming into service either if they end up with a big maintenance bill.

(31 Jan 2023, 4:19 pm)Storx Not easy to reengine though I'd imagine and would be a expensive job to do. It's the tanks which need to be replaced from what I've heard though. 

Not sure it's worth it to spend thousands of pounds on lightweight vehicles with 5 year left vs spending a little bit more and getting something new or getting some cascades from elsewhere.
Cant see a diesel conversion being difficult, however any cascades have to be Euro 6 to cater for X24 and contracted 8 services. That isn't happening as more CAZ's roll out. DWS aren't going to do a lot for this region so cheapest options only.

(31 Jan 2023, 5:17 pm)54APhotography Cant see a diesel conversion being difficult, however any cascades have to be Euro 6 to cater for X24 and contracted 8 services. That isn't happening as more CAZ's roll out. DWS aren't going to do a lot for this region so cheapest options only.

The 8 should be Euro 5 as far as I'm aware. tbh wouldn't be surprised if the X24 is long gone before they go. There's barely anyone on it, can't see how it makes money especially after the massive increase in fuel prices. 15 punters getting an express journey from Chester Road to Sunderland on a £5 ticket or whatever it is, not much money there when you account for the 11 mile of petrol and picking up nothing inbetween.

Sunderland still hasn't has it's Covid cuts yet I don't believe as the 18 and 30 at South Shields were gone but the extension in funds which runs out saved them.

Stagecoach North East Latest News - Dan - 31 Jan 2023

(31 Jan 2023, 6:39 pm)Storx The 8 should be Euro 5 as far as I'm aware. tbh wouldn't be surprised if the X24 is long gone before they go. There's barely anyone on it, can't see how it makes money especially after the massive increase in fuel prices. 15 punters getting an express journey from Chester Road to Sunderland on a £5 ticket or whatever it is, not much money there when you account for the 11 mile of petrol and picking up nothing inbetween.

Sunderland still hasn't has it's Covid cuts yet I don't believe as the 18 and 30 at South Shields were gone but the extension in funds which runs out saved them.

Stagecoach were awarded the 8 based on operating Euro 6 buses from memory - which is why the latter batch of gas buses tend to be allocated.

I’ve never been convinced the X24 makes a lot of money. It carries relatively well in my experience but it’s all Network One and concessionary passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(31 Jan 2023, 6:56 pm)Dan Stagecoach were awarded the 8 based on operating Euro 6 buses from memory - which is why the latter batch of gas buses tend to be allocated.

I’ve never been convinced the X24 makes a lot of money. It carries relatively well in my experience but it’s all Network One and concessionary passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah that's fair unusual for them to be Euro 6, didn't realise.

Yeah same, just not sure where the money is coming from personally. Must admit I've never seen them but I can imagine the past peak journeys or so journeys heading towards Sunderland in the morning / towards Newcastle in the evening being completely dead aswell. Suppose the trains being on strike recently might have helped it out since there's no other way between Newcastle and Sunderland other than a detour on the 56. Surprised it's lasted as long and similar routes with pretty much every operator have been getting the cull lately. Cityzap being a noticeable similar one between York and Leeds and now the whole Coastliner between Whitby and Malton which is in trouble.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - toward6931 - 31 Jan 2023

(31 Jan 2023, 4:06 pm)54APhotography There are no orders bar those handful of E400MMC for Newcastle. the 28xxx are only at half life, if as some are saying CNG is no longer viable then they would be better off being re-engined to diesel for the remaining 7 or 8 years
handful of MMCs? have the numbers been released yet? i know stagecoach have announced 55 electric buses for oxfordshire but still haven't heard anything from the 200 announced MMCs

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Michael - 31 Jan 2023

(31 Jan 2023, 7:24 pm)Storx Ah that's fair unusual for them to be Euro 6, didn't realise.

Yeah same, just not sure where the money is coming from personally. Must admit I've never seen them but I can imagine the past peak journeys or so journeys heading towards Sunderland in the morning / towards Newcastle in the evening being completely dead aswell. Suppose the trains being on strike recently might have helped it out since there's no other way between Newcastle and Sunderland other than a detour on the 56. Surprised it's lasted as long and similar routes with pretty much every operator have been getting the cull lately. Cityzap being a noticeable similar one between York and Leeds and now the whole Coastliner between Whitby and Malton which is in trouble.

I always use the X24 on a Saturday, and from what 've seen its been packed towards Newcastle and the last bus from Newcastle, has been packed - with only few seats left - and its normally deckers allocated on a Saturday.

Stagecoach seem to be giving it a good run.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - cainebj - 31 Jan 2023

(31 Jan 2023, 7:36 pm)toward6931 handful of MMCs? have the numbers been released yet? i know stagecoach have announced 55 electric buses for oxfordshire but still haven't heard anything from the 200 announced MMCs

They were announced quite some time ago, 11 for Walkergate at time of announcement, who knows what changes could happen before point of delivery.