North East Buses
Stagecoach North East Latest News - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East Latest News (/showthread.php?tid=3180)

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - beefcake - 09 Jul 2023

To be honest aswell they could've used the Sunday route around the Manor aswell and kept the 7 standalone for the last couple of days to reduce knock on delays onto the 6 too. But instead they decided to reduce the frequency from every 10 to 12 minutes to offset the delays. So not only was there no larger buses, there was fewer running too

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - col87 - 09 Jul 2023

It will be interesting to see what is used on the 59 tomorrow. If it a pvr of 3 then am going to guess one of the 397s and then either one of the 360s and 345s or 2 of the 360s. How long before a break down happens though ?

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - glen - 10 Jul 2023

When Newcastle get new 400 MMC will Stockton get there old 400 double dockers buses?

Stagecoach North East Latest News - pbjd - 10 Jul 2023

(09 Jul 2023, 9:45 pm)beefcake To be honest aswell they could've used the Sunday route around the Manor aswell and kept the 7 standalone for the last couple of days to reduce knock on delays onto the 6 too. But instead they decided to reduce the frequency from every 10 to 12 minutes to offset the delays. So not only was there no larger buses, there was fewer running too

I was under the impression more or at least the normal amount of buses were running, slightly lower frequency but offset by the increased running times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Ianthegoon - 10 Jul 2023

(10 Jul 2023, 12:45 am)glen When Newcastle get new 400 MMC will Stockton get there old 400 double dockers buses?

Only if there's a business justification for Stockton to get deckers.  Otherwise they'll be cascaded around the Stagecoach empire - plenty of operations still using ALX400s!

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Kuyoyo - 10 Jul 2023

(09 Jul 2023, 9:45 pm)beefcake To be honest aswell they could've used the Sunday route around the Manor aswell and kept the 7 standalone for the last couple of days to reduce knock on delays onto the 6 too. But instead they decided to reduce the frequency from every 10 to 12 minutes to offset the delays. So not only was there no larger buses, there was fewer running too

The 6/7 still interwork on Sunday daytimes at Owton Manor and have done since Covid. It’s only on evenings when the 7 does the loop.
And the frequency reduction was indeed to help with the delays - instead of trying to find extra drivers and buses, use the existing resources to your advantage (plus gets people use to when they officially drop to every 12 minutes at the end of the month).

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Economic505 - 10 Jul 2023

(10 Jul 2023, 7:42 am)Kuyoyo The 6/7 still interwork on Sunday daytimes at Owton Manor and have done since Covid. It’s only on evenings when the 7 does the loop.
And the frequency reduction was indeed to help with the delays - instead of trying to find extra drivers and buses, use the existing resources to your advantage (plus gets people use to when they officially drop to every 12 minutes at the end of the month).
I got off the 7 yesterday one stop before my primary bus stop, as there was queue of traffic. I still beat the bus . Made sense to drop the frequency . However, it was half hourly yesteday which was strange.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - glen - 10 Jul 2023

Anymore new 400MMC due at Newcastle depot yet?

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - ReDemPTiion - 11 Jul 2023

24116 PX59 AZB currently sat at the back of Slatyford depot had broken down not long after arriving from Carlisle and had then been used for parts has now been put back together. Be interesting to see if that is to re-enter service be up in Newcastle on service 6/7 like 22581 or if it’ll head to Stockton.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Malarkey - 11 Jul 2023

I would like to think that the new E400MMC's would not be scattered among a number of routes but stuck to a set route, from looking at PVR's they should be going on the 22's.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - BusEnthusiast.com - 11 Jul 2023

When is 27254 entering service again, it hasn’t been in service since the start of June

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - GrahamD83 - 11 Jul 2023

(07 Jul 2023, 6:59 pm)F114TML The last thing that open topper needs is more advertising. Plenty of drivers complain they can't keep their time cos the passengers are going to B but they'll go to A cos it's an open topper...
I would like to see the E services renumbered as simply the 1, 2 and 6. These numbers are unallocated in both Sunderland and South Shields, so wouldn't confuse passengers.

The E1 number could then be used for a seasonal open top service along the coast. Would be nice to have the open toppers in the old Economic brown and cream, would suit the ALX400 really well.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - deanmachine - 11 Jul 2023

(11 Jul 2023, 7:01 pm)GrahamD83 I would like to see the E services renumbered as simply the 1, 2 and 6. These numbers are unallocated in both Sunderland and South Shields, so wouldn't confuse passengers.

The E1 number could then be used for a seasonal open top service along the coast. Would be nice to have the open toppers in the old  Economic brown and cream, would suit the ALX400 really well.

Disagree, I think the open toppers should be on a route numbered E1X, or E3 that takes the entire coast route then up Ocean Road into Shields.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - ReDemPTiion - 11 Jul 2023

(11 Jul 2023, 6:53 pm)BusEnthusiast.com When is 27254 entering service again, it hasn’t been in service since the start of June

From what I understand it was having some engine troubles, drinking coolant faster than the other 27***’s. It’s currently in Slatyford engineering has been since being repainted hopefully won’t be much longer before being let back out in service.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - stagecoachbusdepot - 11 Jul 2023

(11 Jul 2023, 1:15 pm)ReDemPTiion 24116 PX59 AZB currently sat at the back of Slatyford depot had broken down not long after arriving from Carlisle and had then been used for parts has now been put back together. Be interesting to see if that is to re-enter service be up in Newcastle on service 6/7 like 22581 or if it’ll head to Stockton.

Spotted this too, seemed to have received donor parts from a beachball example on the rear.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - LVK 404L - 11 Jul 2023

(11 Jul 2023, 7:01 pm)GrahamD83 I would like to see the E services renumbered as simply the 1, 2 and 6. These numbers are unallocated in both Sunderland and South Shields, so wouldn't confuse passengers.

The E1 number could then be used for a seasonal open top service along the coast. Would be nice to have the open toppers in the old  Economic brown and cream, would suit the ALX400 really well.

South Shields does have the 1 and 2 though, Saturdays Sundays and Bank Holidays.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - glen - 11 Jul 2023

24116 has been off road for months so why Stockton get some more second hard buses like EX300 from Scotland there better buses I think?

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - V514DFT - 11 Jul 2023

(11 Jul 2023, 8:25 pm)ifm001 South Shields does have the 1 and 2 though, Saturdays Sundays and Bank Holidays.

Whens duplicate numbers ever been a problem Wink

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - ReDemPTiion - 12 Jul 2023

(11 Jul 2023, 8:20 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Spotted this too, seemed to have received donor parts from a beachball example on the rear.

Was surprised to see it, it’ll have to go for repaint again assumed it would no longer be seen then all of a sudden put back together

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Economic505 - 12 Jul 2023

No point in renumbering a services which have 36 years history running as E1/2/6. People refer to them as the ‘E’ buses. I do agree, that the old Ecomomic  livery would look good.