North East Buses
Stagecoach North East Latest News - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East Latest News (/showthread.php?tid=3180)

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Storx - 17 Sep 2023

(17 Sep 2023, 8:59 pm)Kuyoyo Nothing of the sort - indeed, none of Stagecoach's fleet at Wigan has been sold on to TfGM. Hence why Go North West are collecting stuff from all parts of the Go Ahead empire ahead of taking the depot over next Sunday.
Likelihood is our Hybrids are going for the school franchise work Stagecoach have in the Wigan area - as the schools are being tendered separately.

Ah that would make sense aswell to be fair, surprised they don't just use the stock which is already at Wigan. Does anyone know where any of that's going?

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Kuyoyo - 17 Sep 2023

(17 Sep 2023, 9:12 pm)Storx Ah that would make sense aswell to be fair, surprised they don't just use the stock which is already at Wigan. Does anyone know where any of that's going?

Rumour going round that some of the E400s at Wigan are destined from the Cumbria and North Lancs fleet - otherwise, don't think anyone knows. Queue loads of 'those deckers should come to the North East' posts from now.
Although I will remind people that Wigan do have some nice coach-seated E400MMCs originally new for their X34 into Manchester.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Storx - 17 Sep 2023

(17 Sep 2023, 9:29 pm)Kuyoyo Rumour going round that some of the E400s at Wigan are destined from the Cumbria and North Lancs fleet - otherwise, don't think anyone knows. Queue loads of 'those deckers should come to the North East' posts from now.
Although I will remind people that Wigan do have some nice coach-seated E400MMCs originally new for their X34 into Manchester.

Yeah that's fair, ngl it was the E200's/E300's I was more intrigued in since we have the issues with the MAN's and gas buses up here which no-one seems to know what's happening with them.

I know there was talk that the order was redirected here to replace the gas buses indirectly but now the buses which were rumoured to be replacing them have been sent down to Wigan which have 20 Enviro 300's which could make a dent out of the gas buses. Would kind of make sense that something would be coming in return but of course that's speculation. Similar with the E200's which would wipe out most of the MAN's.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - stagecoachfan - 17 Sep 2023

(17 Sep 2023, 8:13 pm)ReDemPTiion Are all 26 hybrids (12061-12086) heading to Wigan? Guessing if they are then there will be more new buses in the coming months.

14 so far (11607-11620) with 11 more to come (11770-11780) - making 25 in total

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Busu284 - 17 Sep 2023

(17 Sep 2023, 8:13 pm)ReDemPTiion Are all 26 hybrids (12061-12086) heading to Wigan? Guessing if they are then there will be more new buses in the coming months.

11 more are due in November. These are 117 batch

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - 54APhotography - 18 Sep 2023

(17 Sep 2023, 9:56 pm)Storx Yeah that's fair, ngl it was the E200's/E300's I was more intrigued in since we have the issues with the MAN's and gas buses up here which no-one seems to know what's happening with them.

I know there was talk that the order was redirected here to replace the gas buses indirectly but now the buses which were rumoured to be replacing them have been sent down to Wigan which have 20 Enviro 300's which could make a dent out of the gas buses. Would kind of make sense that something would be coming in return but of course that's speculation. Similar with the E200's which would wipe out most of the MAN's.

The Scania Gas aren't going anywhere. The agreement in principle for a sale fell through.
The Electric buses for the E services at Wheatsheaf are nowhere in sight, and they've lost an E400 due to a scholars board moving to Newcastle. 

By withdrawing all 26 E400EH and replacing them with 25 E400MMC plus the enlarged PVR for 37/38, 62/63 the deficit grows even more. Which added to Scholars contracts means more single deckers on heavy routes in both crush periods of the day.

Overall added to service reductions, it's not looking great going forward.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Storx - 18 Sep 2023

(18 Sep 2023, 7:01 am)54APhotography The Scania Gas aren't going anywhere. The agreement in principle for a sale fell through.
The Electric buses for the E services at Wheatsheaf are nowhere in sight, and they've lost an E400 due to a scholars board moving to Newcastle. 

By withdrawing all 26 E400EH and replacing them with 25 E400MMC plus the enlarged PVR for 37/38, 62/63 the deficit grows even more. Which added to Scholars contracts means more single deckers on heavy routes in both crush periods of the day.

Overall added to service reductions, it's not looking great going forward.

I'd imagine that they'll still be getting withdrawn though in the short term as the cost of the modifications will outweigh keeping them in service, similar to what happened at Darlington.

Let's be honest though there wasn't really 26 E400EH as half of them were broken most the time, in reality.

There'll be no doubt something in mind, what - who knows. There's some E300's at Inverness which should be coming free soon though and we've got the rest so no doubt that'll be part of it.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - RMF1254 - 18 Sep 2023

Could someone explain why the Hybrids in Newcastle are so bad. I can’t understand how they seem to work ok in London and Manchester.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - ReDemPTiion - 18 Sep 2023

(18 Sep 2023, 10:14 am)RMF1254 Could someone explain why the Hybrids in Newcastle are so bad. I can’t understand how they seem to work ok in London and Manchester.

Poor maintenance, relying on them too much. When they were on 39/40 they were decent. Started putting them on other routes was when they started the downfall. Using them on late boards as well with some being out from likes of 5am until near midnight. It’ll be interesting to see if they get better being down Wigan or if they’ll end up for scrap sooner rather than later.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - RMF1254 - 18 Sep 2023

(18 Sep 2023, 4:26 pm)ReDemPTiion Poor maintenance, relying on them too much. When they were on 39/40 they were decent. Started putting them on other routes was when they started the downfall. Using them on late boards as well with some being out from likes of 5am until near midnight. It’ll be interesting to see if they get better being down Wigan or if they’ll end up for scrap sooner rather than later.

Thanks

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Unber43 - 18 Sep 2023

Was in Newcastle today and saw several single deckers on the 39/49/22/62/63 some looked very cosy indeed

Stagecoach North East Latest News - Dan - 18 Sep 2023

(18 Sep 2023, 6:57 pm)Unber43 Was in Newcastle today and saw several single deckers on the 39/49/22/62/63 some looked very cosy indeed

Single-decks have been in very regular use on double-deck services in Newcastle for some time now.

It used to be fairly infrequent but seems to be incredibly common now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - F114TML - 20 Sep 2023

Not sure where this should go but Stagecoach are now refusing to serve Witherwack Shops after 6pm until further notice, due to increasing problems with antisocial behaviour.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - glen - 22 Sep 2023

Have all 11 reg E400 at Newcastle depot go then?

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - topsweep1506 - 22 Sep 2023

(22 Sep 2023, 1:11 am)glen Have all 11 reg E400 at Newcastle depot go then?
Not yet only 8 have went to Manchester upto now

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - glen - 22 Sep 2023

Thanks for info mate

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Busu284 - 22 Sep 2023

11618 is finally here. YX73 registration plate. Guessing due to problems at the depot

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - col87 - 23 Sep 2023

It seems 34611 has been scrapped unless any knows different as not been out in service since early August and no longer on bus times.

Meanwhile 22409 is spending the day on the Hartlepool 6/7s.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Michael - 23 Sep 2023

Lord Steven Knight @ STEVEN KNIGHT MEDIA (SKM)

Stagecoach Vehicle Cascades

Enviro 300s being transferred from Stagecoach Manchester (Wigan) to Stagecoach North East this weekend are 27817-23

----

https://twitter.com/skmpub/status/1705517535368548463

----

Wonder which depot they'll end up at?

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - BusEnthusiast.com - 23 Sep 2023

(23 Sep 2023, 4:43 pm)Michael Lord Steven Knight @ STEVEN KNIGHT MEDIA (SKM)
Stagecoach Vehicle Cascades
Enviro 300s being transferred from Stagecoach Manchester (Wigan) to Stagecoach North East this weekend are 27817-23
----
https://twitter.com/skmpub/status/1705517535368548463
----
Wonder which depot they'll end up at?
Probably to Walkergate is my theory but we never know and also I clicked the link it says about e400s not e300s.And also will this be a permanent transfer?