North East Buses
Bus Graphics/Brands Ideas - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Bus Graphics/Brands Ideas (/showthread.php?tid=3391)

Bus Graphics/Brands Ideas - ASX_Terranova - 04 May 2021

Just thought i'd start this thread to allow people to post their branding, and other graphical ideas/designs. (If there is already a thread on this, just delete this one).

RE: Bus Graphics/Brands Ideas - ASX_Terranova - 24 Jun 2022

I want to a livery based on Northern Spirit and was wondering if anyone had done train liveries on buses before?

RE: Bus Graphics/Brands Ideas - beefcake - 24 Jun 2022

Does British rail with the Pacers count?

RE: Bus Graphics/Brands Ideas - ASX_Terranova - 25 Jun 2022

(24 Jun 2022, 10:24 pm)beefcake Does British rail with the Pacers count?

Though they were derived from Leylands, sadly not.

This would count though:
https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/16431445.bus-looking-like-gwr-train-pulls-oxford-parkway/

RE: Bus Graphics/Brands Ideas - omnicity4659 - 25 Jun 2022

(24 Jun 2022, 3:15 pm)ASX_Terranova I want to a livery based on Northern Spirit and was wondering if anyone had done train liveries on buses before?

There's been a few.

Virgin Trains ExpressCoach
Midland Mainline (Corby rail link)
South West Trains (for rail replacement)
ScotRail (Glasgow station link)

Arriva Sapphire was also recycled from Arriva Trains Wales livery, which itself was recycled from a trial livery used by Arriva Scotland West.

RE: Bus Graphics/Brands Ideas - col87 - 14 Jul 2022

If Go North East ever do local services in Hartlepool or Middlesbrough you can’t bet against them branding services as Trincomalee and Transporter.

RE: Bus Graphics/Brands Ideas - ASX_Terranova - 15 Jul 2022

I want to put the Stagecoach South West Falcon Livery on a Gemini, E400, Streelite & Solo. What is the best way of doing this?

RE: Bus Graphics/Brands Ideas - streetdeckfan - 04 Oct 2022

To add to my post in the Branding topic, here are my designs for the new brands.

All brand logos will follow a common design

[Image: Logos.png]

All buses in each 'local' area will have the same overall brand allowing them to be used on any route, although I would still have subtle route branding in the form of destinations on the side.  For example, below would be a Gateshead Local bus that would be primarily allocated to the 49/49A

[Image: Gateshead-Locals.png]

Then we have the connector brand, this would be used on longer distance routes that cover multiple 'local' areas. This would replace the likes of Coaster, Crusader, Connections 4, Country Ranger, Red Kite Ranger, Tyne Valley Ten etc. But it would also be used on currently unbranded routes such as the 6 and 28. 

[Image: Connector.png]

Finally, we would have the three CityLink services, these would replace the Prince Bishops, Angel, and CityRider. As the name suggests, these services link the three cities in the North East.  It's questionable whether replacing these would actually make any difference to the simplicity of the branding, but it provides a common brand for similar routes.

[Image: Citylink-20.png]
[Image: Citylink-21.png]
[Image: Citylink-56.png]

X-lines would remain, but all vehicles would be the same (either blue or charcoal, I can't decide) allowing them to be used on any route.

RE: Bus Graphics/Brands Ideas - Unber43 - 05 Oct 2022

I like all your ideas however really

CityLink 21 | X21
CityLink 20 | X20
CityLink 56 |

They've all got express versions except for the 56 so if there was an express added you could also advertise faster links.

Also what about the X1/Washington Service?

Bus Graphics/Brands Ideas - cbma06 - 05 Oct 2022

(05 Oct 2022, 5:05 pm)Unber43 I like all your ideas however really

CityLink 21 | X21
CityLink 20 | X20
CityLink 56 |

They've all got express versions except for the 56 so if there was an express added you could also advertise faster links.

Also what about the X1/Washington Service?

Too many people think that xlines are express services.

Don’t forget the xlines brand versions are not classed as express services, by dan awhile ago there are just more comfort etc.. than so called express.

Xlines mean quicker than a normal service between 2 points.

X9/X10 should of kept separate from xlines , unless GNE towers think it’s quicker between dalton park and Peterlee from a normal GNE bus service (61), and between Heworth and Newcastle/Gateshead from a normal GNE bus service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(04 Oct 2022, 10:36 pm)streetdeckfan To add to my post in the Branding topic, here are my designs for the new brands.

All buses in each 'local' area will have the same overall brand allowing them to be used on any route, although I would still have subtle route branding in the form of destinations on the side.  For example, below would be a Gateshead Local bus that would be primarily allocated to the 49/49A

Then we have the connector brand, this would be used on longer distance routes that cover multiple 'local' areas. This would replace the likes of Coaster, Crusader, Connections 4, Country Ranger, Red Kite Ranger, Tyne Valley Ten etc. But it would also be used on currently unbranded routes such as the 6 and 28. 

Finally, we would have the three CityLink services, these would replace the Prince Bishops, Angel, and CityRider. As the name suggests, these services link the three cities in the North East.  It's questionable whether replacing these would actually make any difference to the simplicity of the branding, but it provides a common brand for similar routes.

X-lines would remain, but all vehicles would be the same (either blue or charcoal, I can't decide) allowing them to be used on any route.

Only problem with this idea is that all buses branded as above then you going to have the same situation that GNE have got themselves into with branded buses all over the place, read somewhere that the x6 would be branded as connector (by connecting Peterlee and Sunderland) only problem is that the allocation on the x6 does Peterlee locals allocated bus services.

RE: Bus Graphics/Brands Ideas - streetdeckfan - 05 Oct 2022

(05 Oct 2022, 5:38 pm)cbma06 Only problem with this idea is that all buses branded as above then you going to have the same situation that GNE have got themselves into with branded buses all over the place, read somewhere that the x6 would be branded as connector (by connecting Peterlee and Sunderland) only problem is that the allocation on the x6 does Peterlee locals allocated bus services.

But the number of brands would be greatly reduced, with each depot only having the 'local', Connector, and X-Lines vehicles. 

Would there be a depot that has more than one 'local' brand? I'm not sure what routes are at what depots these days!

(05 Oct 2022, 6:03 pm)streetdeckfan But the number of brands would be greatly reduced, with each depot only having the 'local', Connector, and X-Lines vehicles. 

Would there be a depot that has more than one 'local' brand? I'm not sure what routes are at what depots these days!

Would be more greater reduced if there just get rid 98% of the brands and use more corporate colours , so there Identity stands out

It’s good to bounce ideas and suggestions , maybe GNE would take notice of the crap that there have caused and think and think again of buying paint with weird colours

RE: Bus Graphics/Brands Ideas - streetdeckfan - 05 Oct 2022

(05 Oct 2022, 6:21 pm)cbma06 Would be more greater reduced if there just get rid 98% of the brands and use more corporate colours , so there Identity stands out

It’s good to bounce ideas and suggestions , maybe GNE would take notice of the crap that there have caused and think and think again of buying paint with weird colours

But it's boring and ugly tho. IMO, red is quite possibly the ugliest colour to have on a bus, closely followed by all black or white.

Personally, I don't think it's important that GNE's identity 'stands out'. It's not as if passengers have a choice in the operator they use!

(05 Oct 2022, 6:28 pm)streetdeckfan But it's boring and ugly tho. IMO, red is quite possibly the ugliest colour to have on a bus, closely followed by all black or white.

Personally, I don't think it's important that GNE's identity 'stands out'. It's not as if passengers have a choice in the operator they use!

Didn’t think the red and white go ahead northern colours what was used for many years were ugly

At present I don’t think the passengers know which bus company is running there local services, since independents been drafted in and the rest of the buses are in all different colours of the rainbow and even colours probably never existed until GNE management decided to install the paint app which was virus free from North Korea by using the one click coupon

RE: Bus Graphics/Brands Ideas - BusLoverMum - 05 Oct 2022

Red is standard text book bus colour!

With the way things are now, all corporate would be best. Blinds are so much more detailed than they used to be

RE: Bus Graphics/Brands Ideas - Unber43 - 21 Oct 2023

(04 Oct 2022, 10:36 pm)streetdeckfan To add to my post in the Branding topic, here are my designs for the new brands.

Anywhere to find base models without the branding etc for these + versa models etc?

Also the named branding aswell how did u make that?