North East Buses
Vintage buses on B1 and Toontour - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Vintage buses on B1 and Toontour (/showthread.php?tid=3417)

Pages: 1 2 3

Vintage buses on B1 and Toontour - Micheal Aaron - 28 May 2021

https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1398241819473948672?s=19

This sounds amazing

Ne14ne1 - ne14ne1 - 28 May 2021

(28 May 2021, 11:40 am)Micheal Aaron https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1398241819473948672?s=19

This sounds amazing

Will the one on the ToonTour have a live guide then, or does it have a commentary/NSA system fitted?

RE: Ne14ne1 - citaro5284 - 28 May 2021

(28 May 2021, 11:49 am)ne14ne1 Will the one on the ToonTour have a live guide then, or does it have a commentary/NSA system fitted?
If you wanted commentary would you not just get on the normal Toon Tour?

RE: Vintage buses on B1 and Toontour - mb134 - 28 May 2021

(28 May 2021, 11:40 am)Micheal Aaron https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1398241819473948672?s=19

This sounds amazing

Not to folk who need easy access - unless they plan on running a dupe on the B1 of course.

RE: Vintage buses on B1 and Toontour - deanmachine - 28 May 2021

(28 May 2021, 11:54 am)mb134 Not to folk who need easy access - unless they plan on running a dupe on the B1 of course.

You really think they're going to run a bus with no wheelchair access by itself?

RE: Vintage buses on B1 and Toontour - mb134 - 28 May 2021

(28 May 2021, 12:07 pm)deanmachine You really think they're going to run a bus with no wheelchair access by itself?

There's no mention of it in the press release? You'd think they'd put something along the lines of "don't worry if you require wheelchair access, the B1 will also be ran with an accessible bus".

Ne14ne1 - ne14ne1 - 28 May 2021

(28 May 2021, 11:54 am)citaro5284 If you wanted commentary would you not just get on the normal Toon Tour?

If it’s a duplicate run, yes. Is it?

RE: Vintage buses on B1 and Toontour - V514DFT - 28 May 2021

Surely it'll be a requirement by law to run a dupe with it to meet DDA standards

RE: Vintage buses on B1 and Toontour - Andreos1 - 28 May 2021

(28 May 2021, 4:04 pm)V514DFT Surely it'll be a requirement by law to run a dupe with it to meet DDA standards

Do ordinary punters know that?

RE: Vintage buses on B1 and Toontour - Ambassador - 28 May 2021

Dear me we are a bunch of miserable buggers in here sometimes aren’t we.

I’m fairly sure on the off chance a wheelchair turned up or a buggy that couldn’t be folded an alternative arrangement would be made by the service centre.

RE: Vintage buses on B1 and Toontour - Micheal Aaron - 28 May 2021

Plus. It's a vintage bus on a service u wouldn't see it on. For all we know they have thought about it. Just be happy to ride a vintage bus that u won't probably won't be able to for a while

RE: Vintage buses on B1 and Toontour - Stanleyone - 28 May 2021

(28 May 2021, 5:10 pm)Ambassador Dear me we are a bunch of miserable buggers in here sometimes aren’t we.

I’m fairly sure on the off chance a wheelchair turned up or a buggy that couldn’t be folded an alternative arrangement would be made by the service centre.
Sadly there are some folk who will criticise no matter what GNE do.

RE: Vintage buses on B1 and Toontour - Rapidsnap - 28 May 2021

Have to agree, have to wonder why bus companies bother with all the negativity especially from some enthusiasts.

Vintage buses on B1 and Toontour - Adrian - 28 May 2021

Valid questions to ask, surely?

Unless we're assuming that everybody posting on this forum is able-bodied.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RE: Vintage buses on B1 and Toontour - Andreos1 - 28 May 2021

(28 May 2021, 5:37 pm)Rapidsnap Have to agree, have to wonder why bus companies bother with all the negativity especially from some enthusiasts.

Not sure there's any negativity to be fair.
There's questions and comments relating to real life situations and people who could be affected.
For all we know, some of the members of this group (although enthusiasts) could be directly affected.
Yet there's no clear guidance on what measures are in place for those people affected.

Call it constructive criticism and give them a 6/10 for effort.

RE: Vintage buses on B1 and Toontour - Storx - 28 May 2021

Not trying to be funny but can't imagine there exactly being much demand anyway, Beamish isn't exactly the place for a wheelchair user regardless as it's simply too big and I'm sure if there's a wheelchair user who pops up they can be directly the 28/28A or a taxi provided instead.

RE: Vintage buses on B1 and Toontour - Adrian - 28 May 2021

(28 May 2021, 5:56 pm)Storx Not trying to be funny but can't imagine there exactly being much demand anyway, Beamish isn't exactly the place for a wheelchair user regardless as it's simply too big and I'm sure if there's a wheelchair user who pops up they can be directly the 28/28A or a taxi provided instead.

Oh. Best not cater for wheelchair users then, as they probably won't go.... *sigh*

This is exactly why communication should be clear, so that those who have accessibility requirements can plan in advance. Put yourself in their shoes for a moment and think how you'd feel being turned away, because in the absence of being told otherwise, you still expect an accessible bus to turn up.

RE: Vintage buses on B1 and Toontour - GNE6312 - 28 May 2021

I think this is a great idea of what GNE are doing and should do stuff like this more often, would be great to see them put not just the routemaster but other heratige buses on other routes like the 21, TVT, X lines and even heratige coaches on the Xlines network so often would be great to do on weekends and school holidays

RE: Vintage buses on B1 and Toontour - Storx - 28 May 2021

(28 May 2021, 5:59 pm)Adrian Oh. Best not cater for wheelchair users then, as they probably won't go.... *sigh*

This is exactly why communication should be clear, so that those who have accessibility requirements can plan in advance. Put yourself in their shoes for a moment and think how you'd feel being turned away, because in the absence of being told otherwise, you still expect an accessible bus to turn up.

Oh can't argue against that. That was more about running a duplicate service instead. Personally it should be sold as a heritage service if that's what they want to go for, be a big selling bus, 'get the vintage bus to Beamish, customers requiring accessible journeys please use our 28/28A or 8 services instead'. Bit like the 15H down in London which sadly has just recently been scrapped as cost cutting by TFL.

No arguments about lack of communication.

RE: Vintage buses on B1 and Toontour - Charles41 - 28 May 2021

If it's well promoted then it could be a winning formula. Good to see proactive thinking from Go North East.

Question is will the public be able to get a seat or will they all be taken by excitable enthusiasts?

Charles