North East Buses
New Livery??? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: New Livery??? (/showthread.php?tid=3429)

Pages: 1 2

New Livery??? - transportintyneandwear - 02 Jun 2021

Was at Saltmeadows today and saw a Gemini 2 being painted, looks like the usual 2019 GNE livery, you know the two colors separated by the 2 wierd lines, but it was light blue at the front and dark blue at the back. Does anyone know what this is? Didnt get fleet no or a video/pic.

RE: New Livery??? - streetdeckfan - 02 Jun 2021

(02 Jun 2021, 9:54 pm)transportintyneandwear Was at Saltmeadows today and saw a Gemini 2 being painted, looks like the usual 2019 GNE livery, you know the two colors separated by the 2 wierd lines, but it was light blue at the front and dark blue at the back. Does anyone know what this is? Didnt get fleet no or a video/pic.

I'm guessing that's the Coaster B5?

RE: New Livery??? - transportintyneandwear - 02 Jun 2021

(02 Jun 2021, 10:01 pm)streetdeckfan I'm guessing that's the Coaster B5?
Maybe a new Coaster livery? Does need a refresh, as the current one has been around for ages, was the same when it was on the Omnicities.

RE: New Livery??? - streetdeckfan - 02 Jun 2021

(02 Jun 2021, 10:04 pm)transportintyneandwear Maybe a new Coaster livery? Does need a refresh, as the current one has been around for ages, was the same when it was on the Omnicities.

I thought they may have gone with the swoopy livery rather than the stripey livery as they could have made it wavey. I guess not

RE: New Livery??? - Micheal Aaron - 03 Jun 2021

Hopefully it is a new version of the coaster. Tbh they need a name change as well. That name has been round since they were like this

https://flic.kr/p/d8zNFo (old baze version or however u say that colour Photo By Dan Graham)

Then they have had the blue ever since the Scania CN230UB OmniCity and same name

https://flic.kr/p/pCcNAj (blue single decker version photo By Dan Graham)

It would be nice to see a name change and possibly the new type of seats and changing ports

RE: New Livery??? - streetdeckfan - 03 Jun 2021

(03 Jun 2021, 10:17 am)Micheal Aaron Hopefully it is a new version of the coaster. Tbh they need a name change as well. That name has been round since they were like this

https://flic.kr/p/d8zNFo (old baze version or however u say that colour Photo By Dan Graham)

Then they have had the blue ever since the Scania CN230UB OmniCity and same name

https://flic.kr/p/pCcNAj (blue single decker version photo By Dan Graham)

It would be nice to see a name change and possibly the new type of seats and changing ports

I think it's highly unlikely that they'll change the name, if they do they'll have to change Little Coasters as well!

RE: New Livery??? - Micheal Aaron - 03 Jun 2021

(03 Jun 2021, 10:21 am)streetdeckfan I think it's highly unlikely that they'll change the name, if they do they'll have to change Little Coasters as well!
The Little coaster needs a referb. At least debrand some of it or change it. There's parts that don't make sense anymore

RE: New Livery??? - 54APhotography - 06 Jun 2021

(02 Jun 2021, 9:54 pm)transportintyneandwear Was at Saltmeadows today and saw a Gemini 2 being painted, looks like the usual 2019 GNE livery, you know the two colors separated by the 2 wierd lines, but it was light blue at the front and dark blue at the back. Does anyone know what this is? Didnt get fleet no or a video/pic.
That's 6064  Rolleyes

RE: New Livery??? - Washingtonian - 06 Jun 2021

In my opinion theres nothing wrong with current Coaster livery and certainly nothing wrong with the brand name as its perfect for a seaside bus service. Plus the last passengers want is yet more chopping and changing. It seems these days brands and liveries are changing every 5 minutes.

RE: New Livery??? - Micheal Aaron - 06 Jun 2021

(06 Jun 2021, 8:59 pm)Washingtonian In my opinion theres nothing wrong with current Coaster livery and certainly nothing wrong with the brand name as its perfect for a seaside bus service. Plus the last passengers want is yet more chopping and changing. It seems these days brands and liveries are changing every 5 minutes.
Think mainly as if I'm right. It's Go North East longest survive brand name. Its been coaster since the old basze colours and it's been blue since the single deck version. I could be wrong it's gne longest surving name

It's not that I want it to happen. It would be nice. But obviously there still busy. There current doing what 3 brands at once. 58 deckers. 93/94 Deckers and whatever them solos are

RE: New Livery??? - logidoodah - 06 Jun 2021

(06 Jun 2021, 9:09 pm)Micheal Aaron Think mainly as if I'm right. It's Go North East longest survive brand name. Its been coaster since the old basze colours and it's been blue since the single deck version. I could be wrong it's gne longest surving name

It's not that I want it to happen. It would be nice. But obviously there still busy. There current doing what 3 brands at once. 58 deckers. 93/94 Deckers and whatever them solos are

They'll probably be Little Black Cats or Black Kittens or something??!!!   Big Grin

RE: New Livery??? - JP6004 - 06 Jun 2021

(06 Jun 2021, 9:09 pm)Micheal Aaron Think mainly as if I'm right. It's Go North East longest survive brand name. Its been coaster since the old basze colours and it's been blue since the single deck version. I could be wrong it's gne longest surving name

Nah the angel and loop some of the oldest

RE: New Livery??? - Micheal Aaron - 06 Jun 2021

(06 Jun 2021, 9:20 pm)JP6004 Nah the angel and loop some of the oldest
Always thought coaster was

RE: New Livery??? - JP6004 - 06 Jun 2021

(06 Jun 2021, 9:21 pm)Micheal Aaron Always thought coaster was
Loop been around since 2005/2006 in corporate before being repainted black in 2007. Think first angel was 2007ish. Coaster I believe only existed since changing from the 301 to the 1

RE: New Livery??? - Storx - 06 Jun 2021

I could be wrong but I'm sure all these are older:
  • Drifter
  • Black Cats
  • Prince Bishops
  • Diamond
  • Blaydon Racers
  • The Loop
You can tell as the original brands we're all based around the corporate brand at the time which only a few buses ever got excluding The Loop which pre dated it - https://www.flickr.com/photos/83823112@N03/28347192875/

The oldest brand though is the DFDS Seaways one though it's been around for ages with Quaylink being second but it's not originally GNE's so didn't put it above.

RE: New Livery??? - GNE6312 - 06 Jun 2021

(06 Jun 2021, 9:23 pm)JP6004 Loop been around since 2005/2006 in corporate before being repainted black in 2007. Think first angel was 2007ish. Coaster I believe only existed since changing from the 301 to the 1

So the Angel is the longest GNE brand even though it went from pink to red to green, doubt they'll change the livery now as its iconic even if I don't like the 21

RE: New Livery??? - stagecoachbusdepot - 06 Jun 2021

(06 Jun 2021, 10:10 pm)GNE6312 So the Angel is the longest GNE brand even though it went from pink to red to green, doubt they'll change the livery now as its iconic even if I don't like the 21

Black Cats (albeit the hideous yellow version) and Prince Bishops have both been around longer, as has Loop (corporate base) and Sunderland Connect (green version).  Coaster and Drifter also predate Angel by a few months, both launched in 2007.

RE: New Livery??? - ian foster - 07 Jun 2021

(03 Jun 2021, 10:21 am)streetdeckfan I think it's highly unlikely that they'll change the name, if they do they'll have to change Little Coasters as well!
If it is it could be 6064 as that went last week after its return for re paint. I may be past saltmedows tomorrow (Tuesday) but wont be able to report back til Wednesday afternoon at the earliest.

RE: New Livery??? - idiot - 07 Jun 2021

I loved The Magic Roundabout brand. Talking about old brands reminded me of it.

RE: New Livery??? - streetdeckfan - 07 Jun 2021

(06 Jun 2021, 9:18 pm)logidoodah They'll probably be Little Black Cats or Black Kittens or something??!!!   Big Grin

I thought we'd all agreed it'd be Little Pussies