North East Buses
Fleet Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Fleet Changes (/showthread.php?tid=3443)

Fleet Changes - morritt89 - 14 Jun 2021

The Black Cat Streetlites are to be replaced by Optare Versa from (I assume) Riverside. The Streetlites are going The other way.

Fleet Changes - transportintyneandwear - 14 Jun 2021

Why? I think versas are much worse than Streetlites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Fleet Changes - Michael - 14 Jun 2021

(14 Jun 2021, 4:28 pm)morritt89 The Black Cat Streetlites are to be replaced by Optare Versa from (I assume) Riverside. The Streetlites are going The other way.

Source?

If true, bloody hope not.

RE: Fleet Changes - V514DFT - 14 Jun 2021

Wouldnt surprise me tbh,its what they did with the buses from what is now Little Coasters

RE: Fleet Changes - morritt89 - 14 Jun 2021

(14 Jun 2021, 4:49 pm)Michael Source?

If true, bloody hope not.
Staff briefing

RE: Fleet Changes - deanmachine - 14 Jun 2021

A few changes for the Clean Air Zone, some surprises in there too. I'll not spoil them though personally.

RE: Fleet Changes - JP6004 - 14 Jun 2021

(14 Jun 2021, 5:03 pm)V514DFT Wouldnt surprise me tbh,its what they did with the buses from what is now Little Coasters
Silver lining, older they are, sooner they'll be replaced.

Wont let me quote however since versas and 17 plate streetlites are both euro 6, presumably this is for capacity issues....?

(14 Jun 2021, 5:13 pm)deanmachine A few changes for the Clean Air Zone, some surprises in there too. I'll not spoil them though personally.

Bet Deptford loose all their good buses to rubbish....

When will these changes take place?

RE: Fleet Changes - EL1TE - 14 Jun 2021

Riverside appears to have exchanged 6901-05 with 5264,5266-68 and 5271 from Percy Main. 5264 and 5271 have already been there for a few days by the looks of things though. 6139 also appeared to have been transferred recently too.

Fleet Changes - cbma06 - 14 Jun 2021

I would take it as a pinch of salt until it gets officially announced, rather than say so

RE: Fleet Changes - Stanleyone - 14 Jun 2021

(14 Jun 2021, 5:51 pm)cbma06 I would take it as a pinch of salt until it gets officially announced, rather than say so

Staff notice gone out today. As deanmachine quotes, some interesting fleet moves to come. Consett are loosing the diamond streetlites, good move in my opinion.

(14 Jun 2021, 6:00 pm)Stanleyone Staff notice gone out today. As deanmachine quotes, some interesting fleet moves to come. Consett are loosing the diamond streetlites, good move in my opinion.

Wonder how many passengers will notice the downgrade, as they'll be used to the perks and how many passengers will be put off using the bus because they've lost them.

Time for GNE to order lots of paint..... get a % in the shares.

What was the date for the zone to go ahead in Newcastle?

RE: Fleet Changes - deanmachine - 14 Jun 2021

I do think some passengers will notice that the numberplate of their bus being older than currently, I'm not sure how bothered they'll be unless it effects reliability too much. They might be bothered, however if they find out it's to give Newcastle "cleaner" emission buses, I don't think many will notice that though.

RE: Fleet Changes - JP6004 - 14 Jun 2021

(14 Jun 2021, 6:06 pm)Michael Wonder how many passengers will notice the downgrade, as they'll be used to the perks and how many passengers will be put off using the bus because they've lost them.

Time for GNE to order lots of paint..... get a % in the shares.

What was the date for the zone to go ahead in Newcastle?
Seems like Eclipses going on X66 might be true to swap out euro 5 streetlites for euro 6

RE: Fleet Changes - Adrian - 14 Jun 2021

The Black Cats is no stranger to downgrades. Having previously went from brand-new Citaros to well-used Solars.

This is one of the issues having a CAZ/LEZ in such a confined area of Newcastle... you're complying with it by literally moving the problem 14 miles down the road...

RE: Fleet Changes - IRHardy - 14 Jun 2021

(14 Jun 2021, 7:13 pm)Adrian The Black Cats is no stranger to downgrades. Having previously went from brand-new Citaros to well-used Solars.

This is one of the issues having a CAZ/LEZ in such a confined area of Newcastle... you're complying with it by literally moving the problem 14 miles down the road...

This has happened where all the CAZ/LEZ have been introduced:

Birmingham 
Leicester 
Leeds then the city council cancelled the zone
London - e.g. Putney High Street where Go Ahead temporarily swapped Volvo B5LHs from Peckham with Optare E400s from Sutton as they weren't Euro6 so could not operate the route 93.
York

When all councils wake up to this fact, they better be worried as the bus companies won't be able to afford to buy Euro 6 buses for everywhere and suddenly services will disappear as they don't make enough to fund new buses.

RE: Fleet Changes - ne14ne1 - 14 Jun 2021

(14 Jun 2021, 8:05 pm)IRHardy This has happened where all the CAZ/LEZ have been introduced:

Birmingham 
Leicester 
Leeds then the city council cancelled the zone
London - e.g. Putney High Street where Go Ahead temporarily swapped Volvo B5LHs from Peckham with Optare E400s from Sutton as they weren't Euro6 so could not operate the route 93.
York

When all councils wake up to this fact, they better be worried as the bus companies won't be able to afford to buy Euro 6 buses for everywhere and suddenly services will disappear as they don't make enough to fund new buses.

When councils wake up to what fact? 
Did any of those places suffer from services disappearing or did they actually experience better greener vehicles as per their local council’s ambitions?
Newcastle previously lost (Arriva) hybrids to Leeds for their then proposed CAZ. It’s Newcastle’s turn now and as we’ve seen already a lot of work has gone on behind the scenes to make buses greener so our city is a cleaner greener place to live work and visit…. as per the local council’s aspirations.

RE: Fleet Changes - V514DFT - 14 Jun 2021

(14 Jun 2021, 5:13 pm)JP6004 Silver lining, older they are, sooner they'll be replaced.

Wont let me quote however since versas and 17 plate streetlites are both euro 6, presumably this is for capacity issues....?
Very valid point

Fleet Changes - atlantean560 - 15 Jun 2021

Might explain why 6901 was operating 12 dupes at byker today

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

RE: Fleet Changes - Storx - 15 Jun 2021

(14 Jun 2021, 5:13 pm)JP6004 Silver lining, older they are, sooner they'll be replaced.

I'm not sure all the Versas are Euro 6. Don't think it was or wasn't confirmed they all got done, I certainly don't believe the 09 plates were ever done but I could be wrong there.

(14 Jun 2021, 8:36 pm)ne14ne1 When councils wake up to what fact? 
Did any of those places suffer from services disappearing or did they actually experience better greener vehicles as per their local council’s ambitions?
Newcastle previously lost (Arriva) hybrids to Leeds for their then proposed CAZ. It’s Newcastle’s turn now and as we’ve seen already a lot of work has gone on behind the scenes to make buses greener so our city is a cleaner greener place to live work and visit…. as per the local council’s aspirations.

He's talking about it's not fixing anything and when everywhere does Euro 6 you'll get to a stage you can't just shift buses around to prop up an area. Why should Sunderland suffer because Newcastle decided they wanted a Euro 6 zone. What happens if Sunderland decide the same?