North East Buses
Fleet Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Fleet Changes (/showthread.php?tid=3443)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

RE: Fleet Changes - JP6004 - 20 Aug 2021

Seems like first B5 in service on 16s today

RE: Fleet Changes - Acky81 - 20 Aug 2021

I wish go north east would change the destination displays to white on the 2/2A route. The orange is so difficult to see during the day.

RE: Fleet Changes - Train8261 - 20 Aug 2021

Do we know what's happening with the 19. Are they going back to solos or staying as Scania CN230UB OmniCity.

Percy Main are in need of at least 5 or 6 more solos. As the 41 lately seems to be having a Scania Single or Decker allocated to it.

If longer buses are no longer needed for the 19 that would require 4 solos for that plus 2 extra for the 41. But where from

RE: Fleet Changes - peter - 20 Aug 2021

(20 Aug 2021, 9:22 pm)Train8261 Do we know what's happening with the 19. Are they going back to solos or staying as Scania CN230UB OmniCity.

Percy Main are in need of at least 5 or 6 more solos. As the 41 lately seems to be having a Scania Single or Decker allocated to it.

If longer buses are no longer needed for the 19 that would require 4 solos for that plus 2 extra for the 41. But where from

Percy Main currently has 17 Solo's for a PVR of 14 across the 11 (4), 41 (4), 42/42A (5) and H1 (1). If you factor in the 19 (and H1 withdrawal) that's another 4 which is 17 exactly. I don't think 5 or 6 spares are required, 2 or 3 at most. According to BusTimes the 41 had all solo's operating every day this week apart from today so doesn't look to be a regular occurrence. With the Venture network being massively reduced there'll be Solo's spare there.

RE: Fleet Changes - Keeiajs - 20 Aug 2021

(20 Aug 2021, 9:56 pm)peter Percy Main currently has 17 Solo's for a PVR of 14 across the 11 (4), 41 (4), 42/42A (5) and H1 (1). If you factor in the 19 (and H1 withdrawal) that's another 4 which is 17 exactly. I don't think 5 or 6 spares are required, 2 or 3 at most. According to BusTimes the 41 had all solo's operating every day this week apart from today so doesn't look to be a regular occurrence. With the Venture network being massively reduced there'll be Solo's spare there.
The Venture network has really disappointed me, it was a nice livery with a variety of routes. Now its like 4 routes it has become a disapointing brand really.

RE: Fleet Changes - peter - 20 Aug 2021

(20 Aug 2021, 9:59 pm)Keeiajs The Venture network has really disappointed me, it was a nice livery with a variety of routes. Now its like 4 routes it has become a disapointing brand really.

I must admit it's a shame to see the brand relaunched and then decimated within the space of a year.

RE: Fleet Changes - Keeiajs - 20 Aug 2021

(20 Aug 2021, 10:01 pm)peter I must admit it's a shame to see the brand relaunched and then decimated within the space of a year.
Even before the rebrand that brand has been as you say decimated since 2013, Venture had 13 vehicles branded back in 2013, now just 8 years later that has more halved to just 6.Quite disappointing for a brand really. And during the relaunch they should have had there interiors re-done aswell.

RE: Fleet Changes - ne14ne1 - 23 Aug 2021

I was thinking about the post in the New(er) Open Tops thread about the replacement Presidents being reengined to meet euro6 standards for the CAZ.
After being in the city today I couldn’t help notice how many crappy omnideckers were out covering and the seemingly lack of decent spares.
Will the omnideckers get mechanical upgrades to meet CAZ requirements or are they being shipped out in time? (I’m hoping for the latter).

RE: Fleet Changes - GNE6312 - 23 Aug 2021

Are Riverside's mercs getting euro 6 upgrades?

RE: Fleet Changes - CookieMonster - 25 Aug 2021

(23 Aug 2021, 8:57 pm)GNE6312 Are Riverside's mercs getting euro 6 upgrades?

Did hear they were going to be replaced as soon as possiable so doubt it. This has been getting said for the last 2 years though and its not happened yet. There are too many other problems with them to spend a lot of money on them.

Fleet Changes - cbma06 - 25 Aug 2021

(25 Aug 2021, 4:31 pm)CookieMonster Did hear they were going to be replaced as soon as possiable so doubt it. This has been getting said for the last 2 years though and its not happened yet. There are too many other problems with them to spend a lot of money on them.

Last I heard that all the citarios and omnicities except for Washington depot allocation were going to be withdrawn , but looks like all changed due to the pandemic started.

Also heard e200’s for the 8/78, but looks like either order was cancelled or it was neither placed due to the pandemic. Could be wrong as it was in the air of chatter, there was also chatter about Peterlee operations moving to deptford but don’t know how reliable that is.

GNE won’t upgrade the citarios to euro6, but GNW upgraded the ex GNE citarios to euro6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Fleet Changes - Keeiajs - 25 Aug 2021

(25 Aug 2021, 5:09 pm)cbma06 Last I heard that all the citarios and omnicities except for Washington depot allocation were going to be withdrawn , but looks like all changed due to the pandemic started.

Also heard e200’s for the 8/78, but looks like either order was cancelled or it was neither placed due to the pandemic. Could be wrong as it was in the air of chatter, there was also chatter about Peterlee operations moving to deptford but don’t know how reliable that is.

GNE won’t upgrade the citarios to euro6, but GNW upgraded the ex GNE citarios to euro6

I believe the 60 should be upgraded. As when I have checked the 60 is quite a bit more popular than the 8/78.

Fleet Changes - cbma06 - 25 Aug 2021

(25 Aug 2021, 6:10 pm)Keeiajs I believe the 60 should be upgraded. As when I have checked the 60 is quite a bit more popular than the 8/78.

the 60 is the only bus you can get to Seaham , except for X6 coast road and 61 hitting the side before going to murton.

With the 8/78 with new buses, I think someone high up in GNE wants new buses and a million xlines services coming out of consett depot

Doesn’t need upgrading , it just wants extending to shields

RE: Fleet Changes - deanmachine - 25 Aug 2021

(25 Aug 2021, 7:23 pm)cbma06 Doesn’t need upgrading , it just wants extending to shields

Can't see why anybody from Shields would want to go to Seaham tbh.

Fleet Changes - Dan - 25 Aug 2021

(25 Aug 2021, 7:23 pm)cbma06 the 60 is the only bus you can get to Seaham , except for X6 coast road and 61 hitting the side before going to murton.

With the 8/78 with new buses, I think someone high up in GNE wants new buses and a million xlines services coming out of consett depot

Doesn’t need upgrading , it just wants extending to shields

The 8/78 aren’t getting new buses - never have been planned to get them either.

There’s actually a fair bit of traffic using the 20 to go beyond Park Lane and across the bridge. To terminate the 20 at Sunderland would break that link, and would likely be criticised by passengers (as much as it would be great to have a Drifter running all the way along the coast).

RE: Fleet Changes - Keeiajs - 25 Aug 2021

(25 Aug 2021, 8:00 pm)Dan The 8/78 aren’t getting new buses - never have been planned to get them either.

There’s actually a fair bit of traffic using the 20 to go beyond Park Lane and across the bridge. To terminate the 20 at Sunderland would break that link, and would likely be criticised by passengers (as much as it would be great to have a Drifter running all the way along the coast).

I mean with 60/20 running every 12 mins surely they could have 20 / 60 going to South Sheilds every 24 mins. 1 goes to South Sheilds the other terminates at Sunderland etc. And give the 60 new E200 MMC's. And then the old Drifters can go on the 50. With the left over 20's which have been displaced as spares.

RE: Fleet Changes - Drifter60 - 26 Aug 2021

(25 Aug 2021, 7:32 pm)deanmachine Can't see why anybody from Shields would want to go to Seaham tbh.

You’ve said this before but I don’t understand the logic. Just because you’ve got a beach and coastline in one location doesn’t mean you wouldn’t visit somewhere else with a beach and coastline. I’m guessing your point is Shields has a ‘superior’ seaside offering but I’d argue both have a different sort vibe, you have amusements/arcades and a funfair in South Shields, Seaham doesn’t and perhaps has less to offer in a wider sense but you do have Tommy (recently voted the UK’s favourite sculpture), the marina development etc. Different offerings. And sometimes you just fancy a change of scenery for a day out? It’s also about cross city links, Ryhope to Fulwell etc. as Dan points out about the current 20.

RE: Fleet Changes - 54APhotography - 26 Aug 2021

(26 Aug 2021, 12:27 am)Drifter60 You’ve said this before but I don’t understand the logic. Just because you’ve got a beach and coastline in one location doesn’t mean you wouldn’t visit somewhere else with a beach and coastline. I’m guessing your point is Shields has a ‘superior’ seaside offering but I’d argue both have a different sort vibe, you have amusements/arcades and a funfair in South Shields, Seaham doesn’t and perhaps has less to offer in a wider sense but you do have Tommy (recently voted the UK’s favourite sculpture), the marina development etc. Different offerings. And sometimes you just fancy a change of scenery for a day out? It’s also about cross city links, Ryhope to Fulwell etc. as Dan points out about the current 20.

Apply the same to the Nexus idea of restoring the old mineral line from Green Lane to East Boldon, does somebody want to go from Tyne Dock to Seaburn?

Seaham, Roker, Seaburn, Whitburn and South Shields all offer something different for beach goers, people do travel from Shields to Dalton Park, and Tommy is a bigger draw than I think many people estimate.

One factor of planning routes and reroutes must be the half-niner's, they are more likely to wander as its gratis for them..

RE: Fleet Changes - Storx - 26 Aug 2021

(26 Aug 2021, 12:27 am)Drifter60 You’ve said this before but I don’t understand the logic. Just because you’ve got a beach and coastline in one location doesn’t mean you wouldn’t visit somewhere else with a beach and coastline. I’m guessing your point is Shields has a ‘superior’ seaside offering but I’d argue both have a different sort vibe, you have amusements/arcades and a funfair in South Shields, Seaham doesn’t and perhaps has less to offer in a wider sense but you do have Tommy (recently voted the UK’s favourite sculpture), the marina development etc. Different offerings. And sometimes you just fancy a change of scenery for a day out? It’s also about cross city links, Ryhope to Fulwell etc. as Dan points out about the current 20.

In fairness the cross city links were there until recently with the 9 and obviously no-one used them hence they were scrapped.

I agree with him though the 20 is a better route to run through people from the rest of the route excluding the centre of South Shields are more likely to want to travel to Durham especially Cleadon rather than Seaham. It's not exactly hard to change for the 1 person a week who might fancy a trip to Seaham but personally I'd rather get the ferry to North Shields Fish Quay, the E1/E2 to Roker or Metro to Tynemouth or Whitley Bay which all offer something nicer than Seaham (no offence to the place).

RE: Fleet Changes - N1cholas - 26 Aug 2021

The only way of doing something different for the 60 would be extending it via roker, seaburn, whitburn and along the coast to south shields, that will never happen as this area is stagecoach ruled and passenger wouldnt use it, so it would be curtailed as soon as changes allowed it to be, the 20 runs the key corridor into shields via cleadon and the nook so would be totally pointless sending the 60 that way, the best idea would be is for stagecoach to send the E1 into sunderland interchange so that people wouldnt have to walk to far to change buses, it will never happen you would have more chance of a service returning for a direct link from sunderland to the metrocentre than the 60 getting extended