North East Buses
Fleet Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Fleet Changes (/showthread.php?tid=3443)

RE: Fleet Changes - Micheal Aaron - 15 Jun 2021

Why does the 19 even need a longer bus. I'm sure Dan said for social distancing

RE: Fleet Changes - V514DFT - 15 Jun 2021

My guess is that the Coaster Hybrids are going on the 20 possibly?

RE: Fleet Changes - Storx - 15 Jun 2021

(15 Jun 2021, 2:34 pm)Micheal Aaron Why does the 19 even need a longer bus. I'm sure Dan said for social distancing

Even if it didn't there's not enough buses since the vaccine bus and some of them went down to Manchester. I don't believe there's any Solo's free anywhere to move onto it (I could be wrong though) - the X20 ones have been painted in Sunderland colours.

(15 Jun 2021, 2:37 pm)Storx Even if it didn't there's not enough buses since the vaccine bus and some of them went down to Manchester. I don't believe there's any Solo's free anywhere to move onto it (I could be wrong though) - the X20 ones have been painted in Sunderland colours.
Unless theres some more upcoming cuts we dont know about yet

RE: Fleet Changes - Michael - 15 Jun 2021

(15 Jun 2021, 2:30 pm)Storx Interested to see the rest of the changes as there's still a few things unaccounted for atm namely:
  • The extra 5 Coaster deckers (the 16/16A only need 10 buses max).
  • The 19 allocation as it doesn't really have anything atm and there's not enough Little Coaster Solos anymore and it can't use deckers (poss more Streetlites but seems a waste?)
  • The 12/25/57/74/327 Euro 6 buses
  • Plans for the ex Red Kite Streetlites who still don't have a home - used on the X20 until recently.
  • The X20 Solos also don't have an allocation, possibly pushing out some of the Streetlites?
Don't think any of them have been mentioned.

Could the Ex Red Kite Streetlites go on the 39/39A? - the PVR is 7 - since its losing the Streetlites.

The X-Lines X20 solo's are currently getting repainted, in to what looks a "Sunderland Base" livery - So its likely they could end up on the 33/38/38A/938 = PVR 5 then have the other Solo as a spare and the X6 - as fleet livery Solo.

All above are Euro 5 ^

RE: Fleet Changes - ASX_Terranova - 15 Jun 2021

I'm presuming some of the versa's are going on the 2/2A hence the pink and red repaints.
Will it get a new brand maybe????

There's tons of fleet movements going on. Finally its good to see Percy Main lose and gain some buses

RE: Fleet Changes - JP6004 - 15 Jun 2021

(15 Jun 2021, 2:35 pm)V514DFT My guess is that the Coaster Hybrids are going on the 20 possibly?
Not enough to cover PVR and PB streetlites also euro 5

RE: Fleet Changes - Storx - 15 Jun 2021

(15 Jun 2021, 2:42 pm)Michael Could the Ex Red Kite Streetlites go on the 39/39A? - the PVR is 7 - since its losing the Streetlites.

The X-Lines X20 solo's are currently getting repainted, in to what looks a "Sunderland Base" livery - So its likely they could end up on the 33/38/38A/938 = PVR 5 then have the other Solo as a spare and the X6 - as fleet livery Solo.

All above are Euro 5 ^

Good shout that tbf, maybe the other 4 could permantely go onto the 61 as they seem to be pretty much on there anyway lately and it brings something common between the 39/60/61 through Ryhope.

With one of the Solo's forgot the number off my head going Voyager probably a good shout aswell tbh, least it's not all a downgrade for Sunderland at least (ignoring whether a Versa is better than a Streetlite)

RE: Fleet Changes - OrangeArrow49 - 15 Jun 2021

I'm guessing the 74 will still use Solo SRs, but Euro 6?

No changes for the Little Coasters as they don't serve Newcastle?

(15 Jun 2021, 2:52 pm)JP6004 Not enough to cover PVR and PB streetlites also euro 5
Ahhhh fair point

RE: Fleet Changes - GNE6312 - 15 Jun 2021

(15 Jun 2021, 12:58 pm)OrangeArrow49 Coaster 1A/1B is getting StreetLites?

No changes for Little Coasters then?

Interesting changes.

I'd recommend a name change as they're not that much smaller than a single decker (15 seat difference) so they're only slightly smaller coasters when the Streetlites come.

RE: Fleet Changes - JP6004 - 15 Jun 2021

(15 Jun 2021, 3:58 pm)GNE6312 I'd recommend a name change as they're not that much smaller than a single decker (15 seat difference) so they're only slightly smaller coasters when the Streetlites come.
If it's not as big then surely it would still class as little. Unless you want to change the name to slightly smaller coasters

RE: Fleet Changes - Tiger5105 - 15 Jun 2021

So Consett will be left with only 1 single deck bus route (78 to Sunderland) I wonder how many out of the 4 corporate streetlites will stay at Consett for spares for the 78 as I've seen occasions when 3 out of the 4 have been used due to Coast and Country ones being VOR. They can't exactly throw a decker onto that route due to the low bridge at Pelton. Will there be an increase in the use of Solos as a last resort on the 78?
Also, will Consett lose a solo due to the Tesco free bus ending soon?

RE: Fleet Changes - BFK - 15 Jun 2021

(15 Jun 2021, 2:30 pm)Storx Interested to see the rest of the changes as there's still a few things unaccounted for atm namely:
  • The extra 5 Coaster deckers (the 16/16A only need 10 buses max).
  • The 19 allocation as it doesn't really have anything atm and there's not enough Little Coaster Solos anymore and it can't use deckers (poss more Streetlites but seems a waste?)
  • The 12/25/57/74/327 Euro 6 buses
  • Plans for the ex Red Kite Streetlites who still don't have a home - used on the X20 until recently.
  • The X20 Solos also don't have an allocation, possibly pushing out some of the Streetlites?
Don't think any of them have been mentioned.

The ex Red Kite Streetlites are currently used at Deptford for use on services 55/61 and also spares for services 2/2A/9/20/35/35A/39/39A/60.

The ex X-Lines Optare Solo SR's are currently being repainted into the Sunderland Local Livery (ie Charcoal Grey/Fire Engine Red)

RE: Fleet Changes - streetdeckfan - 15 Jun 2021

Right, so what is actually happening?
I've read through the entire thread and the only thing I'm sure of is that buses are moving!

Apparently the 1A/B is getting Streetlites. Versa are going on the 2/2A

RE: Fleet Changes - Jimmi - 15 Jun 2021

(15 Jun 2021, 7:25 pm)streetdeckfan Right, so what is actually happening?
I've read through the entire thread and the only thing I'm sure of is that buses are moving!
From what I can gather from the posts...

1A/1B - ex Black Cats Lites.
2/2A - Versas (presumably ex Quaylinks)
16/16A - B5LHs.
Q1/Q2 (presumably becoming some form of throwback to the Orbit) - ex Durham Diamond Lites.

RE: Fleet Changes - streetdeckfan - 15 Jun 2021

(15 Jun 2021, 7:35 pm)Jimmi From what I can gather from the posts...

1A/1B - ex Black Cats Lites.
2/2A - Versas (presumably ex Quaylinks)
16/16A - B5LHs.
Q1/Q2 (presumably becoming some form of throwback to the Orbit) - ex Durham Diamond Lites.

I wonder how the Streetlites are going to fare going up Knightside Gardens!

RE: Fleet Changes - Rapidsnap - 15 Jun 2021

I wonder how the Volvo B5Whatevers are going to cope on the 16/16A with the amount of steep climbs on that route.