North East Buses
Disruptions and driver shortages - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Disruptions and driver shortages (/showthread.php?tid=3532)

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - F114TML - 18 Dec 2023

(17 Dec 2023, 7:18 pm)Andreos1 Nowt a bit of inexpensive PowerBI/automation couldn't fix within seconds.
Very little human intervention needs.
No good for people already on their journey whose connection has just been turned.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Andreos1 - 18 Dec 2023

(18 Dec 2023, 11:21 am)F114TML No good for people already on their journey whose connection has just been turned.

At least they're in the position or aware the connection has been turned.
As opposed to being totally oblivious and thinking it could be round the corner and just delayed. 

All part of the customer experience isn't it? You let them know and keep them informed or don't bother.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - mb134 - 20 Dec 2023

I see the Short Notice Cancellations page has been updated for tomorrow.

Quite a bit cancelled, including the first 309 of the day from Newcastle, and the last 1 of the day from the MetroCentre. Pretty poor to be planning to drop first and last services, and not getting these covered at the expense of trips during the day when passengers have alternatives in earlier/later services.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 20 Dec 2023

Where is short notice cancellations on the website?

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 20 Dec 2023

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/short-notice-cancellations

129 services axed tomorrow

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Adrian - 20 Dec 2023

(20 Dec 2023, 11:12 pm)Ambassador https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/short-notice-cancellations

129 services axed tomorrow
That appears to be well hidden. I can't find it by browsing the website or the app.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - mb134 - 20 Dec 2023

(20 Dec 2023, 11:14 pm)Adrian That appears to be well hidden. I can't find it by browsing the website or the app.

I managed to find it on Google, but it doesn't seem to be otherwise accessible through the website now. 

Hardly "open and honest".

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 21 Dec 2023

(20 Dec 2023, 11:14 pm)Adrian That appears to be well hidden. I can't find it by browsing the website or the app.

Yes it doesn’t even appear in service updates.

I could check ‘news’ but they’ve inexplicably left all their gas lighting strike articles up. 

It’s nice having the ineptly run GNE back isn’t it?

Ambassadors festive work drinks today so no car

I forgot what a pain the service is.

3 21s didn’t turn up. Not really new news that the first runs out of Chester are a disaster since the riverside move. Then 3 turned up at once!

X39 didn’t run (one of the hundred odd cancellations not listed) so I’m stuck on a 309 which is a painful experience. A 55 minute commute is at over 1 hour and I’m still in sandyford.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Aaron21 - 21 Dec 2023

129 journey cancel today. Let's hope this big money spending driver training works well to bring in all thsse drivers. I'm sure gne will not be having cancel service by next year. Let's says end of 2025 when gne stop having cancel services

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Adrian - 21 Dec 2023

(20 Dec 2023, 11:17 pm)mb134 I managed to find it on Google, but it doesn't seem to be otherwise accessible through the website now. 

Hardly "open and honest".
(21 Dec 2023, 12:46 am)Ambassador Yes it doesn’t even appear in service updates.

I could check ‘news’ but they’ve inexplicably left all their gas lighting strike articles up. 

It’s nice having the ineptly run GNE back isn’t it?

Looks like the 'Short notice cancellations' bar has appeared along the top of the website again!

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 21 Dec 2023

Noticed it seems Deptford and Washington are okay atm, might see additional frequency increases which are planned at those depots

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Andreos1 - 21 Dec 2023

(21 Dec 2023, 10:45 am)Adrian Looks like the 'Short notice cancellations' bar has appeared along the top of the website again!

I'd like to think it was the #powerofNEB, but I've a feeling we will be told it was planned all along or just a mere coincidence it appeared not long after the conversations on here this morning.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - logidoodah - 21 Dec 2023

(21 Dec 2023, 11:40 am)Andreos1 I'd like to think it was the #powerofNEB, but I've a feeling we will be told it was planned all along or just a mere coincidence it appeared not long after the conversations on here this morning.

I fully agree, happened a few times I've noticed for different things...

Interestingly Cobalt have put out festive travel advice signposting the Stagecoach app but advising GNE passengers use bus times for a more accurate experience….

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - L469 YVK - 23 Dec 2023

NO 2345 309 ON THE BIGGEST FRIDAY NIGHT OF THE YEAR!

DISGRACE ????????????

2200 307 ex NEWCASTLE AND 2245 ex NORTH SHIELDS LISTED ON SHORT NOTICE CANCELLATIONS, BUT NOT THE 2345 309 ex NEWCASTLE!

HOW THE HELL CAN A NON SAVY PUNTER WORK THAT ONE OUT!

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 24 Dec 2023

In the most amusing disruption update…it appears the Santa Bus ran early through Barley Mow and many people missed it. Bustimes suggests it ran 15-20 mins early in parts

To their credit (well the volunteers), GNE posted an update apologising and sent the bus back out at 20.15

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Jimmi - 24 Dec 2023

(24 Dec 2023, 12:09 am)Ambassador In the most amusing disruption update…it appears the Santa Bus ran early through Barley Mow and many people missed it. Bustimes suggests it ran 15-20 mins early in parts

To their credit (well the volunteers), GNE posted an update apologising and sent the bus back out at 20.15

Appeared to have looped through Barley Mow & Birtley in the wrong direction, making it in the region of 20 mins early for some.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Michael - 30 Dec 2023

Looks like a really bad accident at Bede College.

Durham Road in Sunderland is currently CLOSED at Bede College all traffic is being diverted with the road closed between Lidl and the Barns pub.
Police, fire and ambulance are on scene with reports the Great North Air Ambulance Critical Care car is en route.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Michael - 06 Jan 2024

Looks like half of the Deptford drivers are going to the derby, looking at the cancelations today:

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/short-notice-cancellations