North East Buses
Disruptions and driver shortages - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Disruptions and driver shortages (/showthread.php?tid=3532)

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 21 Apr 2022

Does anyone know which services A-Line are covering tomorrow, hoping to get onto one of there ex GNE or Lothian buses to try

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Adrian - 21 Apr 2022

(21 Apr 2022, 8:20 pm)Unber43 Does anyone know which services A-Line are covering tomorrow, hoping to get onto one of there ex GNE or Lothian buses to try

Check what's tracking on bustimes during the day? I assume the arrangement is that they're a 'hot spare' of sort, so unlikely even they'll know in advance what they're covering.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 21 Apr 2022

(21 Apr 2022, 8:24 pm)Adrian Check what's tracking on bustimes during the day? I assume the arrangement is that they're a 'hot spare' of sort, so unlikely even they'll know in advance what they're covering.
Yesterday it was a Lothian, I just missed it on the 56 coming to Sunderland so I didn't bother even trying to get it.

I hear the lothians seats are very comfty. How are they on GNE's Ex-Lothian 

They were on the 35 today from 6:30 so I'd imagine they would find out on the night

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - MurdnunoC - 22 Apr 2022

(21 Apr 2022, 8:31 pm)Unber43 Yesterday it was a Lothian, I just missed it on the 56 coming to Sunderland so I didn't bother even trying to get it.

I hear the lothians seats are very comfty. How are they on GNE's Ex-Lothian 

They were on the 35 today from 6:30 so I'd imagine they would find out on the night

Lothian?

Lothian Buses or Lothian of Derwentside?

It's a bit out of the way if it's the former. If it's the latter, then good on them for making a resurgence and expoilting gaps in the market by filling in for uncovered GNE duties for financial gain. Hopefully we'll see more Lothian buses in Sunderland soon.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 22 Apr 2022

Seems like there is no A-Line Covers today. Shame, there was loads of cancelled buses.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Andreos1 - 22 Apr 2022

(22 Apr 2022, 9:34 am)MurdnunoC Lothian?

Lothian Buses or Lothian of Derwentside?

It's a bit out of the way if it's the former. If it's the latter, then good on them for making a resurgence and expoilting gaps in the market by filling in for uncovered GNE duties for financial gain.  Hopefully we'll see more Lothian buses in Sunderland soon.
Plugging surely?

There are a tonne of cancellations for tomorrow for GNE.

Disruptions and driver shortages - Dan - 22 Apr 2022

(22 Apr 2022, 8:02 pm)Unber43 There are a tonne of cancellations for tomorrow for GNE.

Wonder if Stagecoach could plug any of these gaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(22 Apr 2022, 8:49 pm)Dan Wonder if Stagecoach could plug any of these gaps?

Maybe, no service from the 35 from 11:55 to 13:55, and two 56's in a row missing.

Other than that from what I can see The cancellations are pretty spread out, and the only services with "last buses" cancelled have buses running all night. 

You never know maybe Stagecoach can extend the 3 or the 4 to Low Moorsley for a couple hours. But I can't even find the SC cancellations.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - MurdnunoC - 22 Apr 2022

(22 Apr 2022, 8:58 pm)Unber43 Maybe, no service from the 35 from 11:55 to 13:55, and two 56's in a row missing.

Other than that from what I can see The cancellations are pretty spread out, and the only services with "last buses" cancelled have buses running all night. 

You never know maybe Stagecoach can extend the 3 or the 4 to Low Moorsley for a couple hours. But I can't even find the SC cancellations.

I can definitely see that happening.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Andreos1 - 22 Apr 2022

(22 Apr 2022, 8:49 pm)Dan Wonder if Stagecoach could plug any of these gaps?

Exploit surely?

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Michael - 22 Apr 2022

(22 Apr 2022, 8:58 pm)Unber43 Maybe, no service from the 35 from 11:55 to 13:55, and two 56's in a row missing.

That gap in the 35 is quite bad.

Stagecoach never do, they just expect people to guess or just look at the app just before you go out for the bus.

Would that be allowed though?, I thought everything had to go VOSA etc for route changes like that

(22 Apr 2022, 9:11 pm)Michael That gap in the 35 is quite bad.

Stagecoach never do, they just expect people to guess or just look at the app just before you go out for the bus.

Would that be allowed though?, I thought everything had to go VOSA etc for route changes like that
I was joking about the 3 & 4. 

For the 35 you always have the 65 which you can connect to the 55 or X1 to east herrington and Sunderland.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Michael - 22 Apr 2022

(22 Apr 2022, 9:15 pm)Unber43 I was joking about the 3 & 4. 

For the 35 you always have the 65 which you can connect to the 55 or X1 to east herrington and Sunderland.

Thing is, you had a good idea, even if it was a joke but I think most of the 35 is covered mostly by other routes?

Sunderland Hospital - loads of services

Castletown - 8 (GNE), 73 (GCT) 99 stagecoach

Hylton Castle - 3 (SC), 99 (SC)

Town End Farm - 12, 13 (SC)

Only section is the Town End Farm to Boldon - unless you go to the town for the 9.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 22 Apr 2022

I definitely read somewhere that this was all over, they’d hired loads of drivers, there was back slapping and retweets and celebratory posts…

*cough*

Better than ever! Huzzah

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Storx - 22 Apr 2022

(22 Apr 2022, 9:22 pm)Michael Thing is, you had a good idea, even if it was a joke but I think most of the 35 is covered mostly by other routes?

Sunderland Hospital - loads of services

Castletown - 8 (GNE), 73 (GCT) 99 stagecoach

Hylton Castle - 3 (SC), 99 (SC)

Town End Farm - 12, 13 (SC)

Only section is the Town End Farm to Boldon - unless you go to the town for the 9.

Stagecoach in Sunderland seemed to be (according to bustimes) having their own problems today mind. The 20 (SNE) was all over the place.

You missed the Herrington's though which don't have a bus service at all which used to be every 10 minutes at one point. The thing I don't get though is why the 39 is running nearly a full timetable with minibuses running every 15 minutes when the whole route is covered by other services in particular the 2 yet services like the 35 are having massive gaps.

What happens when you rely on overtime and there's a football match on, it's the same every home game, depots depending on who's playing.

Wonder if Aline will be covering anything

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Drifter60 - 22 Apr 2022

Whilst I commend GNE for the cancellation list and on routes where changeovers are at the end of the route, the 60 for example it’s useful and clear. But it’s somewhat more difficult to understand those routes where changeovers are mid-route, such as the 35s tomorrow. So the 12:25 from Moorsley is cancelled, but is that cancelled all the way to Boldon? As surely the drivers change in Sunderland, and since the 14:20 from Boldon is NOT cancelled I’m guessing many of those Moorlsey departures are reinstated from Sunderland to Boldon?

Just using the 35 as an example. The X1 is perhaps even more messy to try and understand.

(22 Apr 2022, 10:56 pm)Drifter60 Whilst I commend GNE for the cancellation list and on routes where changeovers are at the end of the route, the 60 for example it’s useful and clear. But it’s somewhat more difficult to understand those routes where changeovers are mid-route, such as the 35s tomorrow. So the 12:25 from Moorsley is cancelled, but is that cancelled all the way to Boldon? As surely the drivers change in Sunderland, and since the 14:20 from Boldon is NOT cancelled I’m guessing many of those Moorlsey departures are reinstated from Sunderland to Boldon?

Just using the 35 as an example. The X1 is perhaps even more messy to try and understand.
I agree, but its also confusing when drivers only do Sunderland-Low Moorsley and Back, and not the entire 4 hours. Same with the 20. 

Like there isn't a 35 for 2 hours (might be more) from Low Moorsley but Bolden doesn't have a gap that size.
Its really confusing. I thought the 4 was much worse when it was really bad. It would be better if they would split them up e.g 
  • From South Shields: The 15:53 journey will only run as far as Washington Galleries (arriving at 16:42),
    19:38 will only run as far as Washington Galleries (arriving at 20:15), 
    20:38 will only run as far as Washington Galleries ( arriving at 21:15)  
    From Durham: 14:50 will only run as far as Washington Galleries (arriving at 15:32),
    17:39.
     From Waldridge Park Estate: 20:37 journey will start from Washington Galleries at 20:58, 21:37 

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - busmanT - 23 Apr 2022

All Stagecoach tell passengers (and you have to follow them on twitter) is:
"Due to some staffing issues not all services will operate as expected today"

which isn't very helpful at all.