North East Buses
Disruptions and driver shortages - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Disruptions and driver shortages (/showthread.php?tid=3532)

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 23 Apr 2022

They tend to list them all in the app which isn’t much use for the oldies

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Storx - 23 Apr 2022

imo they need a better website as it's a bit crap really. The ideal scenario would be have a database of all the routes which are displayed across both the app and website and when there's a cancelled service they can mark it as cancelled so it's marked as cancelled across both with striking through the times on the timetable pages with an exclamation at the top explaining what's wrong.

It's not really hard to do in reality but it's like everything else with buses they all use the same company and they're all identical with the same identical problems.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Rob44 - 23 Apr 2022

A message on twitter and/or facebook saying remember the 600pm 56 is the last one before the next 2 are canceled...... next one due at 730pm. use service xx then change at xx to xx as an alternative. I think that would be good but obviously the manpower involved would great.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Michael - 23 Apr 2022

(23 Apr 2022, 10:09 am)Ambassador They tend to list them all in the app which isn’t much use for the oldies

and when they do put them down as cancelled, its normally last minute..

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Aaron21 - 24 Apr 2022

Does the X1 not go to Dalton Park on a Sunday. As all journey seem to be finished at Easington Lane

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - wibblejunior - 24 Apr 2022

(24 Apr 2022, 12:14 pm)Aaron21 Does the X1 not go to Dalton Park on a Sunday. As all journey seem to be finished at Easington Lane
Basically not, since frrom what I can see on Bustimes, on Sundays the :13 journeys from Newcastle terminate at Easington Lane, the :33 journeys terminate at Washington Galleries, while the :53 journeys extend to Peterlee.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - F114TML - 24 Apr 2022

Yeah, it doesn't
[Image: unknown.png]
Interesting, that 2300 to Peterlee though, given the departure time of the previous through service.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 24 Apr 2022

Anyone know what ALine Bus is Aline Coaches 4?

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 28 Apr 2022

I got a Aline on the 20 yesterday, it was one of the ex-Lothian ones. The seats were so comfortable.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 14 May 2022

The last two 38C's are cancelled tomorrow

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - morritt89 - 15 May 2022

Sunday service at Deptford on Saturday 21st May (same as previous so some exceptions such as X20, 700 etc)

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 15 May 2022

(15 May 2022, 4:55 pm)morritt89 Sunday service at Deptford on Saturday 21st May (same as previous so some exceptions such as X20, 700 etc)
Just Deptford, or Consett aswell.

As 4 X45 & X46 are cancelled in a row tomorrow. There are a lot of them.

There is also a 47 cancelled during this time aswell.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Jack Gill - 15 May 2022

(15 May 2022, 5:38 pm)Unber43 Just Deptford, or Consett aswell.

As 4 X45 & X46 are cancelled in a row tomorrow. There are a lot of them.

There is also a 47 cancelled during this time aswell.
Sunday service on a Saturday isn't going to go down well again...

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Michael - 15 May 2022

(15 May 2022, 5:40 pm)Jack Gill Sunday service on a Saturday isn't going to go down well again...

Same day, Sunderland play in the play off final too, would expect the town to be busy.... well what's left of it.......

(15 May 2022, 6:03 pm)Michael Same day, Sunderland play in the play off final too, would expect the town to be busy.... well what's left of it.......
Well Double Deckers for the 20, Streetlites for the 39/39A. 60's probs rammed, 61 rammed. 

The pubs will be rammed. God Help the buses. 

If it does affect Consett I bloody hope 78 has deckers on.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Adrian - 15 May 2022

(15 May 2022, 6:09 pm)Unber43 Well Double Deckers for the 20, Streetlites for the 39/39A. 60's probs rammed, 61 rammed. 

I don't think any of those services serve Wembley? Not even some of the daft suggestions on here have gone to that extreme!

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Michael - 15 May 2022

(15 May 2022, 6:14 pm)Adrian I don't think any of those services serve Wembley? Not even some of the daft suggestions on here have gone to that extreme!

Me too, or do they?

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - MurdnunoC - 15 May 2022

(15 May 2022, 6:18 pm)Michael Me too, or do they?

Better ask Malarkey or his rival, ASX_TERRANOVA, to whip up something pronto.

(15 May 2022, 6:14 pm)Adrian I don't think any of those services serve Wembley? Not even some of the daft suggestions on here have gone to that extreme!
No, but not everyone goes to Wembley, im pretty sure they are putting a screen to watch it, not 100% sure though.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Jack Gill - 15 May 2022

(15 May 2022, 6:09 pm)Unber43 Well Double Deckers for the 20, Streetlites for the 39/39A. 60's probs rammed, 61 rammed. 

Last time it happened at Consett the 78 had deckers, so will probably be the same this time around if affected.