North East Buses
Disruptions and driver shortages - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Disruptions and driver shortages (/showthread.php?tid=3532)

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - ASX_Terranova - 12 Jul 2022

(12 Jul 2022, 9:48 pm)Storx There is cancelled 21's but they're doing active regulation, 'supposedly' instead on it but it doesn't seem to be working and there's just numerous boards in a row cancelled.

It's a shame the working together like they were during Covid has just gone out the window and have ticket acceptance between the 6/X12/49/49A/50/X21 and drop boards on the duplicate sections (X21 South of Durham and 21 South of CLS). It won't be popular but it's better than the mess now.

Do buses towards newcastle get turned at Gateshead often, i think a few X1's were turned today, probably the one i got on (might explain why it arrived empty at gateshead).

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Andreos1 - 12 Jul 2022

(12 Jul 2022, 9:58 pm)Ambassador I saw. a customer complaining on Facebook about the 25 cancellations and how the 21 escapes. Customer service replied in a weird attempt at reassurance saying there were 21 cancellations even though they aren’t listed. 

So at what point does active regulation and whacking a tweet out not acknowledging cancellations become incompetence and lying, the latter being by far the worst.
Not sure who is looking after the page at the minute, but it's not the best.
Had a look just now to see the post you mentioned.

There's another one a few posts down talking about two 21s and an X21 leaving Chester at the same time. The response was 'Hi Diane, these services both arrive into Chester-le-Street from different areas, and then continue their journey into Newcastle'.

Utterly bizarre.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - F114TML - 12 Jul 2022

That's shocking for a supposedly hourly and wholly secured service.

Edited this to show the journeys actually running
[Image: unknown.png]

or if you prefer the non-collapsed version

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - nova347 - 12 Jul 2022

(12 Jul 2022, 10:18 pm)F114TML That's shocking for a supposedly hourly and wholly secured service.

And I know the 71 does get quite busy and it does have a lot of elderly passengers that aren't on social media and don't know, there's a time where there's no 71 for 3 hours, so elderly people are probably going to wait 3 hours for a bus and especially with how hot it is, they probably won't want to leave the bus stop just incase it comes.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 13 Jul 2022

(12 Jul 2022, 9:42 pm)Andreos1 That's the boards that are running right?
I can't tell if you're being scarcastic or not

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - F114TML - 13 Jul 2022

(12 Jul 2022, 11:34 pm)nova347 And I know the 71 does get quite busy and it does have a lot of elderly passengers that aren't on social media and don't know, there's a time where there's no 71 for 3 hours, so elderly people are probably going to wait 3 hours for a bus and especially with how hot it is, they probably won't want to leave the bus stop just incase it comes.
Some of them probably don't even have the internet, like my late grandma.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - nova347 - 13 Jul 2022

There are so many Depford cancellations tomorrow, Depford went from one of the depots with only a few cancellations a day at most, now they've been hit hard. The same 71 are cancelled tomorrow as there are today.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Aaron21 - 13 Jul 2022

Go North East wondered why passenger numbers are low

(Looks at Cancelled trips)

Passenger numbers low

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Adrian - 15 Jul 2022

(12 Jul 2022, 10:18 pm)F114TML That's shocking for a supposedly hourly and wholly secured service.

What an awful way to run a publicly funded contract.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Disruptions and driver shortages - Adrian - 15 Jul 2022

Another two hour commute tonight courtesy of Go North East.

Left the office at 5pm, but the timing of the 50 means I just miss one by the time I get to North Road. So I wait for the 17.39, which doesn't arrive, despite not being on the cancellations list.

Looking at the cancellations list in more detail, I noticed that the 15.53 (actually 15.54) from Shields, which forms the 17.39 from Durham, was listed as terminating at the Galleries.

[Image: ed25be47880caa9aa17d93376ab21e8b.jpg]

So someone has known that bus isn't going to turn to pick the return journey up, yet hasn't bothered to add that to the list.

Eventually got the 18.11 to the Galleries, followed by a 15 minute walk.

It's one thing a bus being cancelled, but I'm at a loss at why basic communication is proving so difficult. The way the short notice cancellations are written is about as customer friendly is a brick to the face.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - nova347 - 15 Jul 2022

(15 Jul 2022, 6:33 pm)Adrian Another two hour commute tonight courtesy of Go North East.

Left the office at 5pm, but the timing of the 50 means I just miss one by the time I get to North Road. So I wait for the 17.39, which doesn't arrive, despite not being on the cancellations list.

Looking at the cancellations list in more detail, I noticed that the 15.53 (actually 15.54) from Shields, which forms the 17.39 from Durham, was listed as terminating at the Galleries.

[Image: ed25be47880caa9aa17d93376ab21e8b.jpg]

So someone has known that bus isn't going to turn to pick the return journey up, yet hasn't bothered to add that to the list.

Eventually got the 18.11 to the Galleries, followed by a 15 minute walk.

It's one thing a bus being cancelled, but I'm at a loss at why basic communication is proving so difficult. The way the short notice cancellations are written is about as customer friendly is a brick to the face.

I was getting the bus home from work a few weeks ago, a 20-minute journey took me two hours, If I realised it would have taken that long I would have walked, I ended up getting the 61 to Dalton park, 62 to the Harbour then the 60 up to Parkside but I had my 5-25 weekly ticket so it didn't cost me.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Jack Gill - 16 Jul 2022

I've noticed on GNE's twitter there has been quite a few tweets mentioning delays because of 'high passenger numbers'. Is there a main reason for this or are there just a bunch of contributing factors like cancellations and the hot weather?

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - DeltaMan - 16 Jul 2022

(16 Jul 2022, 7:24 pm)Jack Gill I've noticed on GNE's twitter there has been quite a few tweets mentioning delays because of 'high passenger numbers'. Is there a main reason for this or are there just a bunch of contributing factors like cancellations and the hot weather?
I spotted a passenger loadings tweet for the 71. Fence Houses must be having a mad one today!

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Adrian - 16 Jul 2022

(16 Jul 2022, 7:24 pm)Jack Gill I've noticed on GNE's twitter there has been quite a few tweets mentioning delays because of 'high passenger numbers'. Is there a main reason for this or are there just a bunch of contributing factors like cancellations and the hot weather?

Only ones I've noticed are the 2/2A, which is likely down to Kubix being on at Herrington Country Park, and 16.30 71, likely because the previous service didn't run (and it's Solo operated)

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - MurdnunoC - 16 Jul 2022

(16 Jul 2022, 8:29 pm)Adrian Only ones I've noticed are the 2/2A, which is likely down to Kubix being on at Herrington Country Park, and 16.30 71, likely because the previous service didn't run (and it's Solo operated)

It's a shame that commercial teams don't take note of high volumes of passenger numbers and do something about it?

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 17 Jul 2022

3 28B's 18:10/19:10/20:10 = 4 hour wait 

2 20's = 90 mi wait

3 60's = 80 min wait 

2 61's = 90 min wait

If I worked this out correctly, there isn't a x1 straight from Peterlee - Newcasatle for 4 hours

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - MurdnunoC - 17 Jul 2022

(17 Jul 2022, 4:30 pm)Unber43 If I worked this out correctly, there isn't a x1 straight from Peterlee - Newcasatle for 4 hours

At last, something positive about all these cancellations. Residents of Peterlee and Easington can no longer sneak across the border to more respectable areas, such as Easington Lane.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 17 Jul 2022

Think GNE have missed a trick here by not following the rail operators and whacking out a DO NOT TRAVEL warning.

(17 Jul 2022, 5:49 pm)MurdnunoC At last, something positive about all these cancellations. Residents of Peterlee and Easington can no longer sneak across the border to more respectable areas, such as Easington Lane.
And when the 55 is cancalled, there is no way to get to Houghton from Peterlee. 

You can't write it, cancelling a relatively reliable service encouraging people to travel to newcastle, instead of Sunderland, take that bus off and there isn't one for 90 mins to 120 mins, great planning. 

You honestly can't write this absolute s*it show