North East Buses
Disruptions and driver shortages - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Disruptions and driver shortages (/showthread.php?tid=3532)

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - ASX_Terranova - 17 Jul 2022

Bet we see the heatwave used as a reason for cancellations.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 17 Jul 2022

(17 Jul 2022, 9:43 pm)ASX_Terranova Bet we see the heatwave used as a reason for cancellations.
They used a football match so why not.

(17 Jul 2022, 6:13 pm)Dan You write about it daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think I have wrote about the X1 / 55 situation.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Aaron21 - 17 Jul 2022

Is there any point in GNE running half of there services tomorrow

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 17 Jul 2022

You've got a 5 hour wait for the 71, and no doubt it will be busy, so that one from Seaham will probs also not run

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - BusLoverMum - 17 Jul 2022

(17 Jul 2022, 7:34 pm)Storx Not sure about that Newcastle Quayside is riddled with Kittiwakes which are part of the Seagull family. Arguably the rare birds have chosen Newcastle Wink
But they're the quiet ones that spend their lives staring at walls, rather than intimidating people.

As well as a few shite hawks, scoping out Greggs (reminds me, I've not been splattered for a couple of years) we get Arctic terns round here. Noisy, screechy buggers.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 17 Jul 2022

I’m sure GNE will be far more responsible in their duty once as taxpayers we starting footing the bill for their commercial dereliction.

Still…we can all go to that nice pub that Martijn has been freely advertising on Twitter for months and wait for a bus.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - F114TML - 17 Jul 2022

(17 Jul 2022, 10:31 pm)Ambassador I’m sure GNE will be far more responsible in their duty once as taxpayers we starting footing the bill for their commercial dereliction.

Still…we can all go to that nice pub that Martijn has been freely advertising on Twitter for months and wait for a bus.
I think the 71 would like to disagree Wink

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Storx - 17 Jul 2022

(17 Jul 2022, 10:26 pm)BusLoverMum But they're the quiet ones that spend their lives staring at walls, rather than intimidating people.

As well as a few shite hawks, scoping out Greggs (reminds me, I've not been splattered for a couple of years) we get Arctic terns round here. Noisy, screechy buggers.

Mind that's true but that's just because Newcastle has all the classy birds whereas Sunderland has the riff raff (sorry bad pun but I just had to).

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - omnicity4659 - 17 Jul 2022

(17 Jul 2022, 10:31 pm)Ambassador Still…we can all go to that nice pub that Martijn has been freely advertising on Twitter for months and wait for a bus.

At least you'll get a different pint to sample each time, they never have the same one on twice!

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Andreos1 - 17 Jul 2022

(17 Jul 2022, 11:02 pm)omnicity4659 At least you'll get a different pint to sample each time, they never have the same one on twice!
Was in there the other day and noticed the screen they have showing the next bus. Never knew there was such a frequent service to 'Cancelled'.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - MurdnunoC - 18 Jul 2022

Buses apparently overheating already....

Cancelled might be an even more popular destination today.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Rob44 - 18 Jul 2022

(17 Jul 2022, 9:21 pm)Adrian You've got more chance of winning the Euromillions.
 TWO POUND FIFTY!

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 19 Jul 2022

Angel 21 from Newcastle 

, 20:26, 20:46, 21:06, 21:26, 22:46, 23:06, 23:26.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 19 Jul 2022

(19 Jul 2022, 9:19 pm)Unber43 Angel 21 from Newcastle 

, 20:26, 20:46, 21:06, 21:26, 22:46, 23:06, 23:26.
Wow…

at least they’ve taken better than ever off their socials. I’m not sure at what point this becomes reportable as sheer incompetence.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - streetdeckfan - 19 Jul 2022

I need to get up to Newcastle in the morning (ironically to pick up some car parts from Mercedes), and I'm seriously contemplating just getting an Arriva day ticket and slumming it on the X12 since I have more faith it'll get me there.

The first X21 from West Auckland only goes as far as CLS, the second is apparently running (but on the off chance it runs will probably be infested with the youth), the third is cancelled, the next two supposedly run but get there after 11, so that's barely even the morning!

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 19 Jul 2022

(19 Jul 2022, 10:40 pm)Ambassador Wow…

at least they’ve taken better than ever off their socials. I’m not sure at what point this becomes reportable as sheer incompetence.
And the worst thing is, the cancellation which are actually listed, is probably less than half the ones which will actually run

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 20 Jul 2022

(19 Jul 2022, 11:20 pm)streetdeckfan I need to get up to Newcastle in the morning (ironically to pick up some car parts from Mercedes), and I'm seriously contemplating just getting an Arriva day ticket and slumming it on the X12 since I have more faith it'll get me there.

The first X21 from West Auckland only goes as far as CLS, the second is apparently running (but on the off chance it runs will probably be infested with the youth), the third is cancelled, the next two supposedly run but get there after 11, so that's barely even the morning!
We’re back to offering taxi fares and incentives as opposed to public transport incentives as part of hybrid working.

Colleagues have no issues with the X39 and 309 and are complimentary about the drivers, the issue we have is connections for colleagues particularly from South of Tyne and Durham, it’s against our sustainability plans but we started to incentivise and support car shares and private hire as we cannot afford to lose valuable face to face days and collaboration time to a lottery of service provision from mainly GNE.

Disruptions and driver shortages - streetdeckfan - 20 Jul 2022

Have they always made announcements over the tannoy at Eldon Square when a service is cancelled at short notice. They've just made one to say the X70 is cancelled

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - omnicity4659 - 20 Jul 2022

(20 Jul 2022, 2:44 pm)streetdeckfan Have they always made announcements over the tannoy at Eldon Square when a service is cancelled at short notice. They've just made one to say the X70 is cancelled

They have several times in the past when I've been in there, though probably hit or miss if the Nexus guys are doing it.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Jimmi - 20 Jul 2022

(20 Jul 2022, 2:44 pm)streetdeckfan Have they always made announcements over the tannoy at Eldon Square when a service is cancelled at short notice. They've just made one to say the X70 is cancelled

Can't say I've heard one certainly recently but have seen notices of cancellations for services from each stand.