North East Buses
Disruptions and driver shortages - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Disruptions and driver shortages (/showthread.php?tid=3532)

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 30 Jul 2022

Our young Martijn was on one of his very very very late 21s which ran packed through low fell NIS today

Not sure what the regulation is like but the reliability today was woeful not helped by the traffic lights at Birtley three tuna.

6 21s passed throug low fell without anyone being able to get on

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 30 Jul 2022

Our young Martijn was on one of his very very very late 21s which ran packed through low fell NIS today

Not sure what the regulation is like but the reliability today was woeful not helped by the traffic lights at Birtley three tuna.

6 21s passed throug low fell without anyone being able to get on

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Rob44 - 30 Jul 2022

We after the match last night the 28b from Wilson square never turned up. Couldnt get on app. So got the 21 which was rammed. Left people at gateshead as it was so full with people sitting on stairs  if this happened during the season I'll be going to nexus and asking for mu $25 quid magpie mover money back!

Oh and another think I read on facebook ( pinch of salt taken) was that earlier in week a driver on the 29 forgot.ro.gk to.elson square. From the post those waiting managed to speak to a gne lead driver who in there words was very rude but cause they said they werent moving he drove them to kibblesworth  himself....

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - BusLoverMum - 30 Jul 2022

"Birtley three tuna."

Seems a bit fishy.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 30 Jul 2022

(30 Jul 2022, 8:23 pm)Rob44 We after the match last night the 28b from Wilson square never turned up. Couldnt get on app. So got the 21 which was rammed. Left people at gateshead as it was so full with people sitting on stairs  if this happened during the season I'll be going to nexus and asking for mu $25 quid magpie mover money back!

Oh and another think I read on facebook ( pinch of salt taken) was that earlier in week a driver on the 29 forgot.ro.gk to.elson square. From the post those waiting managed to speak to a gne lead driver who in there words was very rude but cause they said they werent moving he drove them to kibblesworth  himself....
How do you forget Eldon Square?

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Rob44 - 31 Jul 2022

(30 Jul 2022, 9:08 pm)Unber43 How do you forget Eldon Square?
no idea, just what was on facebook. I was kind of wondering if it'd managed to get the app to work i would have seen the 28b sitting at market street empty

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - BusLoverMum - 31 Jul 2022

No sign of a cancellations list, today, so all must be hunky dory, only so far, the x21 we rushed to be ready for hasn't run and, while waiting for a 6, a 21 only going as far as Chester has passed us.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Jack Gill - 31 Jul 2022

There is a cancellations list, just right under yesterdays..

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - F114TML - 31 Jul 2022

"X-lines X1 | X1A: 

From Newcastle: The 12:13 will terminate at the Galleries 12:45, 14:33, 17:53, the 20:00 will start service at the Galleries 20:28. "
Can someone translate this into English, please?

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Rob44 - 31 Jul 2022

(31 Jul 2022, 9:51 am)BusLoverMum No sign of a cancellations list, today, so all must be hunky dory, only so far, the x21 we rushed to be ready for hasn't run and, while waiting for a 6, a 21 only going as far as Chester has passed us.

looks like the 11am for bishop is starting from CLS if ive read it correctly?

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - BusLoverMum - 31 Jul 2022

(31 Jul 2022, 9:59 am)Rob44 looks like the 11am for bishop is starting from CLS if ive read it correctly?
Yes, thats the one that was cancelled from Newcastle.

At least a list is up, now.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 01 Aug 2022

I must really commend GNE for the layout of cancellations, even tho there are still some bad ones e.g 

93 - From Retail World: 16:05, 16:25, 16:45, 17:05, 17:25.

From my looking on the list I don't believe other than whats happening with the 93 there is many dual cancellations if any. 

Last 50 from Durham's cancelled but from what i've seen thats really about it 

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Jack Gill - 01 Aug 2022

Cancellations seem to be settling down just a little bit so far this week. Although it's only been 1 day..

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Adrian - 02 Aug 2022

(01 Aug 2022, 9:08 pm)Jack Gill Cancellations seem to be settling down just a little bit so far this week. Although it's only been 1 day..

Is the bar really that low these days? There's still 190 full/partial cancellations today from Go North East.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Jack Gill - 02 Aug 2022

While it's definitely still not good, it is somewhat better than the cancellations have been on past days.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 02 Aug 2022

(02 Aug 2022, 9:43 am)Adrian Is the bar really that low these days? There's still 190 full/partial cancellations today from Go North East.
Isn't that down from like 500

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Storx - 02 Aug 2022

(01 Aug 2022, 9:08 pm)Jack Gill Cancellations seem to be settling down just a little bit so far this week. Although it's only been 1 day..

I'm not sure whether your looking at the same list as me but it's absolutely horrendous still considering they butchered a large chunk of the network over a week ago and none of the school services are running currently.

I know there's driver's on holidays etc atm but there's also a lot more school work coming in soon, who only knows who's going to be driving these not to mention a strike coming up at CLS.

It's like it's never ending it's been going on part of a year and there seemed to be confidence that there was a surplus of driver's and there'd be no cancellations after the changes which hasn't materialised.

(02 Aug 2022, 9:54 am)Storx I'm not sure whether your looking at the same list as me but it's absolutely horrendous still considering they butchered a large chunk of the network over a week ago and none of the school services are running currently.

I know there's driver's on holidays etc atm but there's also a lot more school work coming in soon, who only knows who's going to be driving these not to mention a strike coming up at CLS.

It's like it's never ending it's been going on part of a year and there seemed to be confidence that there was a surplus of driver's and there'd be no cancellations after the changes which hasn't materialised.
GNE won 61 contracts, i don't know if that is just schools or both work and schools however with 61 extra contracts they are going to need like 70-75 extra drivers.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - F114TML - 02 Aug 2022

Yes. If this keeps up, the school contracts are going to be interesting...

Seems to be above 200 partly/full cancelled buses tomorrow, with mutliple (2 or more) in a row cancelled on 4, 20, X20