North East Buses
Disruptions and driver shortages - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Disruptions and driver shortages (/showthread.php?tid=3532)

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - streetdeckfan - 09 Sep 2022

(09 Sep 2022, 8:01 pm)Dan And I’m sure I recall someone telling Umber43 this on the forum earlier this week too…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe it was me that asked it, unless they did as well

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 09 Sep 2022

I’ve experienced considerably less disruption this week…aside riverside drivers not having a clue about most stop names on the 21…

Power to the pen and paper rota!

Disruptions and driver shortages - Dan - 10 Sep 2022

(09 Sep 2022, 10:45 pm)Ambassador I’ve experienced considerably less disruption this week…aside riverside drivers not having a clue about most stop names on the 21…

Ops teams getting on top of their sickness levels with a new Incoming MD? Pay deal gone through so morale improved and more willingness to work overtime? Increased number of school buses means there are more spare drivers during the day to assist?

Hopefully, all combined, means that some of the temporary changes can revert to normal from the end of October! If the feeling on the ground is that there has been an improvement in service delivery, there must be a marked improvement.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 10 Sep 2022

(09 Sep 2022, 10:45 pm)Ambassador I’ve experienced considerably less disruption this week…aside riverside drivers not having a clue about most stop names on the 21…

I agree, using the X21/X1/X10/20 I've experienced no waits over the expected time however I must have been quite lucky and when I've been at Gateshead and ParkLane theres been 2-4 buses parked up, a lot of them are waiting to come back into service as the X21/21 due to delays on the inbound service. 

However I have noticed the 20 is getting full basically all the time.

Disruptions and driver shortages - streetdeckfan - 10 Sep 2022

Reliability on the X21 is probably going to be a nightmare for the next month or so with the temporary 4 way lighting at Cabin Gate, I believe it's supposed to be there until the end of October

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - BusLoverMum - 10 Sep 2022

(10 Sep 2022, 3:53 am)Dan Ops teams getting on top of their sickness levels with a new Incoming MD? Pay deal gone through so morale improved and more willingness to work overtime? Increased number of school buses means there are more spare drivers during the day to assist?

Hopefully, all combined, means that some of the temporary changes can revert to normal from the end of October! If the feeling on the ground is that there has been an improvement in service delivery, there must be a marked improvement.

Definitely did not get the feeling trying to get home from the galleries on Wednesday afternoon.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Andreos1 - 13 Sep 2022

https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1569661616320389121?t=tSxrjzZcqpOy4vyLOIC58Q&s=19

Not only are passengers getting the blame.
But we've got traffic delays in Stanley! Who knew? I thought they only happened in the mind of a long gone, meerkat.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - DeltaMan - 14 Sep 2022

https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1570023956110778368?t=fJQIQtKOB5azSPKh_3av6A&s=19

Blaming trees now. Awful....

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - citaro5284 - 14 Sep 2022

(14 Sep 2022, 12:56 pm)DeltaMan https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1570023956110778368?t=fJQIQtKOB5azSPKh_3av6A&s=19

How is it awful? A double deck vehicle hitting a low hanging branch can easily smash an upper front windscreen.  Do you expect the vehicles to keep on hitting it and a possibility of someone sitting upstairs getting showered with glass?

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - F114TML - 14 Sep 2022

(14 Sep 2022, 12:56 pm)DeltaMan https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1570023956110778368?t=fJQIQtKOB5azSPKh_3av6A&s=19

Yeah. Awful and absolutely ridiculous the amount of times transport companies have no better excuse.

[Image: article-0-0A6FD938000005DC-875_634x520.jpg]

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - streetdeckfan - 14 Sep 2022

(14 Sep 2022, 3:09 pm)citaro5284 How is it awful? A double deck vehicle hitting a low hanging branch can easily smash an upper front windscreen.  Do you expect the vehicles to keep on hitting it and a possibility of someone sitting upstairs getting showered with glass?

Back when I was at school one of the scholars hit a branch and it cracked the window, wasn't exactly a pleasant experience!

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Adrian - 14 Sep 2022

(13 Sep 2022, 12:19 pm)Andreos1 https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1569661616320389121?t=tSxrjzZcqpOy4vyLOIC58Q&s=19

Not only are passengers getting the blame.
But we've got traffic delays in Stanley! Who knew? I thought they only happened in the mind of a long gone, meerkat.

Same with the 65. Cut the frequency then blame the customers that are still bothering.

.png
ser65.PNG
Size 107.56 KB / Downloads 22

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Andreos1 - 15 Sep 2022

(14 Sep 2022, 4:36 pm)Adrian Same with the 65. Cut the frequency then blame the customers that are still bothering.

How dare passengers want to get a bus from A to B and delay a service which clearly doesn't have a timetable or allocation to meet demand...

If they had anything about them, they would just cut the service completely and remove the problem at hand.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - DeltaMan - 15 Sep 2022

(14 Sep 2022, 4:36 pm)Adrian Same with the 65. Cut the frequency then blame the customers that are still bothering.
What's the difference between "blame" and "reason"?

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 15 Sep 2022

GNE really needs to look at their scheduling, there is like 3x more journeys shortened/cancelled/delayed due to passenger numbers or delays which tbf is a joke.

And most the time when I see 21's, X1's go NIS at Eldon Square they don't post anything.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Drifter60 - 15 Sep 2022

(15 Sep 2022, 3:54 pm)DeltaMan What's the difference between "blame" and "reason"?

It doesn’t really matter - GNE are saying the cause of delays on the 65 route are because, at least in part, high passenger numbers. A route they’ve just ‘temporarily’ cut back to hourly instead half hourly. So not only are customers getting less buses per hour, they’re now getting more delays because two bus loads of people are trying to get the one service. ‘blaming’ or ‘reasoning’ it’s just semantics really. Outcome is the same. Now some would say the transparency of GNE is good, but it also highlights the lack of foresight of cutting the timetable back without thinking of knock on effects or mitigation.

On a similar note, a friend of mine tells me there was 20 running through Houghton today with ‘Bus Full’ on the blind around 3:45/4:00 this afternoon. Again a route that’s already down to every 15 minutes from its previous higher frequency (every 10-12 minutes) on top of the fact they’ve  ‘temporarily’ removed service X20 (and permanent withdrawal of the 55 route) on the same corridor. Let’s just hope a few of these temporary changes can be reverted sooner rather than later.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 15 Sep 2022

(15 Sep 2022, 9:16 pm)Drifter60 It doesn’t really matter - GNE are saying the cause of delays on the 65 route are because, at least in part, high passenger numbers. A route they’ve just ‘temporarily’ cut back to hourly instead half hourly. So not only are customers getting less buses per hour, they’re now getting more delays because two bus loads of people are trying to get the one service. ‘blaming’ or ‘reasoning’ it’s just semantics really. Outcome is the same. Now some would say the transparency of GNE is good, but it also highlights the lack of foresight of cutting the timetable back without thinking of knock on effects or mitigation.

On a similar note, a friend of mine tells me there was 20 running through Houghton today with ‘Bus Full’ on the blind around 3:45/4:00 this afternoon. Again a route that’s already down to every 15 minutes from its previous higher frequency (every 10-12 minutes) on top of the fact they’ve  ‘temporarily’ removed service X20 (and permanent withdrawal of the 55 route) on the same corridor. Let’s just hope a few of these temporary changes can be reverted sooner rather than later.
The 20's have been rammed going through Houghton. 

And aswell there was at one point before bus times went down only 2 60's tracking on route out of the 6 that must have been a nightmare, there was been 7 out of 11 56's today, aswell as a few 20's and berries missing aswell. 

If Deptford this bad, got knows how they're getting on in Washington.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 16 Sep 2022

What a joke GNE 

Delays/Cancellation all bloody day. These changes definitely did not improve reliability if anything they've made it worse.

Entire GNE Network needs re-scheduling. 

65, X1, 4, 21, X21, 60, 25. 

They're all over the place. 

65 has been moved to Seaham for changeovers however why didn't they bring a bus which they could just take straight on the route as they're all late.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Thomas12 - 16 Sep 2022

Another shambles day on the Q3 since it moved back to Riverside too - no bus to/from Wallsend for an hour and an half this afternoon. Disgraceful on a service paid for by Nexus.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Adrian - 16 Sep 2022

(16 Sep 2022, 5:40 pm)Thomas12 Another shambles day on the Q3 since it moved back to Riverside too - no bus to/from Wallsend for an hour and an half this afternoon. Disgraceful on a service paid for by Nexus.

With the Wallsend to St Peters bit being the bit Nexus fund, I would log it directly with Nexus per their complaints charter

I'd recommend making it clear in your contact that you're sending it their way because it's funded in part by Nexus, as sometimes they'll try and redirect you to the operator.