North East Buses
Disruptions and driver shortages - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Disruptions and driver shortages (/showthread.php?tid=3532)

RE: Reliability and cancellations - V514DFT - 05 Nov 2022

(05 Nov 2022, 2:54 pm)V514DFT So here is todays situation for the 53- 1 has been cancelled, another is 39 minutes late running to North Shields, that same bus is currently going to be running 24 minutes late back to Cramlington
Update, that service was then cancelled

Disruptions and driver shortages - Dan - 05 Nov 2022

(05 Nov 2022, 12:50 pm)Unber43 Theres some Washington today, but yesterday or Thursday there wasn't a single one listed, they are all for Riverside.

There was hardly any at Washington today either.

[Image: 8f692f98801727161b552eacede1c0c7.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 05 Nov 2022

(05 Nov 2022, 11:03 pm)Dan There was hardly any at Washington today either.

[Image: 8f692f98801727161b552eacede1c0c7.jpg]

That is a view I hope keeps like that

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Thomas12 - 07 Nov 2022

Arriva have been a total shambles since the closure of Jesmond.

The 51 which was previously a very reliable service had a service around every 3/4 hours on Saturday. That is until the later runs which are secured by Nexus seemed to run fine.

To add to this, very few 43 services made it to Morpeth - in fact very few operated at all (2hr gaps in departures from Haymarket at times).

There is probably more that I haven't picked up on. Pretty sure most people could see this coming, but it's pretty disgraceful.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Rob44 - 07 Nov 2022

The x10s and x11 after a certain time on Saturday were operating via wideopen. I never saw a 21 go through kibbleswroth then 72 28a's in a row were canceled

RE: Reliability and cancellations - Shrek - 07 Nov 2022

Approximately 200 residents from the Dinnington/Wideopen/Hazlerigg area attended a meeting at Dinnington First School tonight, arranged by the Castle Ward councillors to discuss the cancellation issues on the 43, 44 and 45. Unfortunately Arriva didn't send a representative, and the person who was due to represent Nexus had Covid and couldn't attend.

It's safe to say there's a lot of unhappy residents though.

https://www.facebook.com/100068220229150/posts/pfbid02BqmS9BeaWszKfH1r2V8z48nMhJ68kfSn88SyWN83tzKucpMYieqwsS21ootWyT1xl/?sfnsn=scwspmo

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 08 Nov 2022

Are 20-40 mins delays usual on the 309/310/311?

RE: Reliability and cancellations - V514DFT - 08 Nov 2022

(07 Nov 2022, 9:54 pm)Shrek Approximately 200 residents from the Dinnington/Wideopen/Hazlerigg area attended a meeting at Dinnington First School tonight, arranged by the Castle Ward councillors to discuss the cancellation issues on the 43, 44 and 45. Unfortunately Arriva didn't send a representative, and the person who was due to represent Nexus had Covid and couldn't attend.

It's safe to say there's a lot of unhappy residents though.

https://www.facebook.com/100068220229150/posts/pfbid02BqmS9BeaWszKfH1r2V8z48nMhJ68kfSn88SyWN83tzKucpMYieqwsS21ootWyT1xl/?sfnsn=scwspmo
Arriva are a joke at the minute

RE: Reliability and cancellations - GNE6312 - 08 Nov 2022

Apparently there's been gaps of up to four hours on the 52/3/4 yesterday

RE: Reliability and cancellations - Thomas12 - 08 Nov 2022

(08 Nov 2022, 12:37 pm)GNE6312 Apparently there's been gaps of up to four hours on the 52/3/4 yesterday

Yeah there wasn’t a 53 from North Shields from around 17:00 to 22:00 - pretty disgraceful really.

Reliability and cancellations - cbma06 - 08 Nov 2022

(08 Nov 2022, 10:41 am)V514DFT Arriva are a joke at the minute

(08 Nov 2022, 12:44 pm)Thomas12 Yeah there wasn’t a 53 from North Shields from around 17:00 to 22:00 - pretty disgraceful really.

[quote="GNE6312" pid='287983' dateline='1667911052']
Apparently there's been gaps of up to four hours on the 52/3/4 yesterday

Every time I come onto this NEB forum it’s like a mirror image of Facebook comments from Arriva and GNE Facebook page, I understand the comments coming from the public/passengers on the Facebook pages , but not on a bus enthusiasts forum, shooting the bus companies down even further, nah wonder Dan doesn’t reply to many messages as it’s the same thing over and over. There’s a shortage of bus drivers, and other things etc…

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - BusLoverMum - 08 Nov 2022

The effect of moving the x21 to Riverside is becoming quite apparent. 2 mornings in a row there have been breakdowns, resulting in no bus at all running the entire route from West Auckland. These are the busy morning services used by school kids and students, too, putting more pressure on the shorts and other services.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Thomas12 - 08 Nov 2022

(08 Nov 2022, 9:09 am)Unber43 Are 20-40 mins delays usual on the 309/310/311?

No they are usually reasonably on time.

However, there are roadworks on route. As well as this, Jesmond Dene Road is closed so a significant amount of traffic is diverting via the Coast Road causing disruption.

RE: Reliability and cancellations - Thomas12 - 08 Nov 2022

(08 Nov 2022, 1:20 pm)cbma06
(08 Nov 2022, 12:37 pm)GNE6312 Apparently there's been gaps of up to four hours on the 52/3/4 yesterday

Every time I come onto this NEB forum it’s like a mirror image of Facebook comments from Arriva and GNE Facebook page, I understand the comments coming from the public/passengers on the Facebook pages , but not on a bus enthusiasts forum, shooting the bus companies down even further, nah wonder Dan doesn’t reply to many messages as it’s the same thing over and over. There’s a shortage of bus drivers, and other things etc…

Doesn't seem unreasonable to highlight the fact Arriva are running services with 5 hour gaps at times.

(08 Nov 2022, 2:11 pm)Thomas12 Doesn't seem unreasonable to highlight the fact Arriva are running services with 5 hour gaps at times.

Arriva running services with massive gaps all over the place, maybe there’s no drivers to operate the missing journeys. There be massive gaps in services uk wide, it’s not just a one off

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Jimmi - 08 Nov 2022

(08 Nov 2022, 1:41 pm)BusLoverMum The effect of moving the x21 to Riverside is becoming quite apparent. 2 mornings in a row there have been breakdowns, resulting in no bus at all running the entire route from West Auckland. These are the busy morning services used by school kids and students, too, putting more pressure on the shorts and other services.
Even without breakdowns, the X21 has been an absolute nightmare of late, whilst the schedule now saves resources, it comes at the cost of reliability with since the timetable change there's been roadworks in Bishop Auckland and Coundon Gate on top of the works on the A1 which is proving troublesome across the board, with all this in mind the X21 doesn't stand a chance of being reliable with the West Auckland to Coundon Gate stretch frequently being omitted to get back onto schedule.

Feel for the people in those areas as the Arriva 6 is argubly worse, always find it running in twos separated by a large gap, fortnight back I was in Spennymoor and there was an 80 minute gap in departures on the 6 towards Durham, sods law I was looking the other way when an X21 came through (this was also the day tracking was down so I had no idea what was happening so just had to stand there and wait), I gave up waiting 5 mins before two appeared which I saw as I headed home sick of life on the 8.

RE: Reliability and cancellations - BusLoverMum - 08 Nov 2022

(08 Nov 2022, 2:42 pm)cbma06 Arriva running services with massive gaps all over the place, maybe there’s no drivers to operate the missing journeys. There be massive gaps in services uk wide, it’s not just a one off

So you would be happy to turn up at Sunderland Park Lane at 5pm and wait until 10pm for a bus to Peterlee?

(08 Nov 2022, 3:19 pm)BusLoverMum So you would be happy to turn up at Sunderland Park Lane at 5pm and wait until 10pm for a bus to Peterlee?

No, I would use the car , maybe people show there frustration and anger towards the bus operators themselves instead of using a enthusiast forum for rubbing it in and moaning about it, the problem is uk wide and not on north Tyneside

And you get members on here doing there morning routines of going through bustimes.org and seeing what there can moan about and spot wrong brands on wrong routes, and see if there’s a gap in service etc..

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - streetdeckfan - 08 Nov 2022

(08 Nov 2022, 3:19 pm)Jimmi Feel for the people in those areas as the Arriva 6 is argubly worse, always find it running in twos separated by a large gap, fortnight back I was in Spennymoor and there was an 80 minute gap in departures on the 6 towards Durham, sods law I was looking the other way when an X21 came through (this was also the day tracking was down so I had no idea what was happening so just had to stand there and wait), I gave up waiting 5 mins before two appeared which I saw as I headed home sick of life on the 8.

You can't go round saying bad things about Arriva, GNE are the one we're supposed to be hating on this time!

I've barely been using the bus at all in the past few months, I'd say last month I used the bus on 3 maybe 4 days.
Last Wednesday I needed to get back down home by lunchtime and since I didn't trust the X21 I just got a lift back down instead.

RE: Reliability and cancellations - streetdeckfan - 08 Nov 2022

(08 Nov 2022, 3:38 pm)cbma06 No, I would use the car , maybe people show there frustration and anger towards the bus operators themselves instead of using a enthusiast forum for rubbing it in and moaning about it, the problem is uk wide and not on north Tyneside

And you get members on here doing there morning routines of going through bustimes.org and seeing what there can moan about and spot wrong brands on wrong routes, and see if there’s a gap in service etc..

Unless I need to be somewhere I either don't bother checking the tracking, or I check the app when I'm waiting at the stop.
Mainly because I like getting annoyed when they don't turn up