North East Buses
Disruptions and driver shortages - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Disruptions and driver shortages (/showthread.php?tid=3532)

Disruptions and driver shortages - streetdeckfan - 02 Dec 2022

Made it as far as Gateshead

Now getting moved to a different bus!

Or not, the bus we were supposed to get put on was taken by another driver

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 02 Dec 2022

2 or 3 X21's broke down today

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Rob44 - 02 Dec 2022

(02 Dec 2022, 6:26 pm)who would streetdeckfan Made it as far as Gateshead

Now getting moved to a different bus!

Or not, the bus we were supposed to get put on was taken by another driver

who do you want to play you in the movie when its made??

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 02 Dec 2022

Does anyone know if there are any particular GNE journey which always ends up being 30-40 mins late?

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - streetdeckfan - 02 Dec 2022

(02 Dec 2022, 7:24 pm)Rob44 who do you want to play you in the movie when its made??
Good question.
I'd probably go with James Spader, if he plays me in the style of Raymond Reddington.

Disruptions and driver shortages - Dan - 03 Dec 2022

(02 Dec 2022, 12:57 pm)Andreos1 https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1598251352282386432?t=M2aaSt9tLRZQpYX6zwG3WA&s=19

Some funny replies and retweets.

As one wit responded though...

There's a difference between whacking a novelty elf in a photo with some strategically placed merch and engaging.

These posts look to be serving their purpose to me - with mainly positive reactions, into their hundreds on Facebook (which, by bus company standards, is a decent level of engagement on social media).

Might be seen as pointless, and folk on this forum obviously don’t see the positives behind it and believe the company ought to be prioritising other things, but it’s helping move GNE as a brand in the right direction against the prior backdrop of negativity. Making GNE seem like more of a personable business is something they need to be focusing on, as it will also aid recruitment in GNE being seen as an employer of choice… All these little things help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Rob44 - 03 Dec 2022

(02 Dec 2022, 7:36 pm)streetdeckfan Good question.
I'd probably go with James Spader, if he plays me in the style of Raymond Reddington.

is that him out of stargate?

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Andreos1 - 03 Dec 2022

(03 Dec 2022, 5:16 am)Dan These posts look to be serving their purpose to me - with mainly positive reactions, into their hundreds on Facebook (which, by bus company standards, is a decent level of engagement on social media).

Might be seen as pointless, and folk on this forum obviously don’t see the positives behind it and believe the company ought to be prioritising other things, but it’s helping move GNE as a brand in the right direction against the prior backdrop of negativity. Making GNE seem like more of a personable business is something they need to be focusing on, as it will also aid recruitment in GNE being seen as an employer of choice… All these little things help.

Choked on my bovril this morning reading that.
I hope they've not paid a consultant to come up with that idea! 

Some may argue it has more about him than some managers and decision makers. But a toy elf isn't going to aid recruitment.

Opening up replies, offering sincerity when disgruntled punters contact them, increasing cust svc opening hours etc will improve engagement and perceptions. 

As for recruitment: changing management styles, improving rotas, working out timetables, reducing the amount of driver monitoring will all help.
None of them involve an elf.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - MurdnunoC - 03 Dec 2022

Personally, I'm surprised Uncle Nige has allowed the purchase of an elf figurine as there's allegedly a ban on discretionary spending which, arguably, this falls under.

(03 Dec 2022, 4:08 pm)Andreos1 Choked on my bovril this morning reading that.
I hope they've not paid a consultant to come up with that idea! 

Some may argue it has more about him than some managers and decision makers. But a toy elf isn't going to aid recruitment.

Opening up replies, offering sincerity when disgruntled punters contact them, increasing cust svc opening hours etc will improve engagement and perceptions. 

As for recruitment: changing management styles, improving rotas, working out timetables, reducing the amount of driver monitoring will all help.
None of them involve an elf.

Hehe - how predictable!

(03 Dec 2022, 4:38 pm)Dan Hehe - how predictable!

Time to get the bingo cards out again?

(03 Dec 2022, 4:41 pm)MurdnunoC Time to get the bingo cards out again?

Sold duds last time out though. Make sure you've got a decent supplier this time

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Rob44 - 03 Dec 2022

BUSter..... OMG

(03 Dec 2022, 5:10 pm)Andreos1 Sold duds last time out though. Make sure you've got a decent supplier this time

And just like that, this has suddenly appeared in my inbox from an account named 'NEB Admin'.

[Image: results?img=1&title=Andreos+1+Bingo+Bona...ndom=1&s=1]

I wonder who this mysterious forum Administrator is?

(03 Dec 2022, 5:33 pm)MurdnunoC And just like that, this has suddenly appeared in my inbox from an account named 'NEB Admin'.

Are they after some #NEBpoints?

(03 Dec 2022, 5:33 pm)MurdnunoC And just like that, this has suddenly appeared in my inbox from an account named 'NEB Admin'.

You're not gonna get owt from that unfortunately.
You've been sold another dud unfortunately.

Will see what I can do though so you get a full house.

(03 Dec 2022, 5:40 pm)Dan Are they after some #NEBpoints?

I presumed it came from either Ant Nightie or yourself.

(03 Dec 2022, 5:43 pm)MurdnunoC I presumed it came from either Ant Nightie or yourself.

Perhaps it was Brandon!

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 04 Dec 2022

I’m sure passengers would prefer to know which buses are running on Boxing Day as opposed to elves tbh.

Service and call centre rotas are nigh on impossible to achieve for public transport users…thank god for flexible home working, it saves me the hassle of many operations managers pulling their hair out.

Does nothing for public transport patronage mind…

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Rob44 - 05 Dec 2022

Arriva nearly stranded me at the club yesterda7. 3 in a row 44 to town cancelled. Got the 44 to Dinnington then back to town as 45. Bus was busy but no where near full. Maybe arriva or nexus should consider doing a one bus an jour loop and making sure every bus ran?!