North East Buses
Disruptions and driver shortages - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Disruptions and driver shortages (/showthread.php?tid=3532)

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - mb134 - 31 Mar 2023

(31 Mar 2023, 8:54 pm)Unber43 There should always be 2-3 spare deckers at Deptford, more on weekends

Each depot has operational spares, believe most big companies aim at somewhere between 10-15% per depot. But these vehicles are to allow for routine maintenance, breakdown cover etc.

To ensure that there are always 2 deckers totally free to help with the 56, you'd need 2 dedicated spares that aren't going to go and cover breakdowns etc, so you'd need to increase the spare percentage at the depot which is a pretty significant increase in running cost.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 31 Mar 2023

The 27 being hourly isn't helping either

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - BusLoverMum - 31 Mar 2023

(31 Mar 2023, 9:31 pm)Unber43 The 27 being hourly isn't helping either
What difference would that make in Sunderland? There is hardly any common route at all, save market street to Gateshead interchange and a tiny bit beyond.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - V514DFT - 01 Apr 2023

(31 Mar 2023, 10:01 pm)BusLoverMum What difference would that make in Sunderland? There is hardly any common route at all, save market street to Gateshead interchange and a tiny bit beyond.
Moans about everything

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 01 Apr 2023

What happened here

https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1642212285379649540?s=20

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - NEbushopper - 01 Apr 2023

Someone soiled on a bus? I am scared for the future of the world! I mean it was probably just a small child like but still.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - citaro5284 - 01 Apr 2023

(01 Apr 2023, 5:28 pm)Unber43 What happened here

https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1642212285379649540?s=20

Could be numerous things - someone had a nose bleed and blood somewhere, was sick on it, urinated or the good old number 2.

Of course, it does not have to be a human either, might have been a dog for example.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - deanmachine - 02 Apr 2023

(01 Apr 2023, 5:33 pm)NEbushopper Someone soiled on a bus? I am scared for the future of the world! I mean it was probably just a small child like but still.

Happens more than you'd hope it would.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 11 Apr 2023

Why do the 10As go down Chopwell South Road its very tight, both 6082/ 5381 got stuck this morning. 5381 is much longer than 6082 feel bad for the drivers, guarentee they got a lot of stick from the people around the streets.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - omnicity4659 - 14 Apr 2023

(11 Apr 2023, 8:38 am)Unber43 Why do the 10As go down Chopwell South Road its very tight, both 6082/ 5381 got stuck this morning. 5381 is much longer than 6082 feel bad for the drivers, guarentee they got a lot of stick from the people around the streets.

Unless people are parked on the yellow lines then I can't see any issues.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Chris 1 - 14 Apr 2023

Is that the one off the main road round the streets? Used to get cars parked around the shop and further back, not sure if it's still an issue. IIRC there were a few dissenting voices from the locals when the 10A replaced the V9 going around there.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - streetdeckfan - 14 Apr 2023

(14 Apr 2023, 1:04 pm)omnicity4659 Unless people are parked on the yellow lines then I can't see any issues.

I haven't been to Chopwell for fair few years now (thank god!) but I don't recall it being particularly tight long there. Deckers and long singles have gone along there for as long as I can remember, so 15+ years

The only bit that's a bit iffy is the corner at Londis, but unless my memory is as bad as I think it is, I'm sure you can squeeze 2 buses around there at once

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 29 Apr 2023

I know I've complained about this before but seriously something hast to be done about the 56 on match days, its every week.

Today there was buses 24/15/31/29/20 mins late, I was on a 56 and 4/5 in a row all Said Gateshead, thats no buses for well over an hour. There needs to be two deckers or atleast single deckers parked to do active replacement to try and keep the buses on time.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - V514DFT - 30 Apr 2023

(29 Apr 2023, 8:22 pm)Unber43 I know I've complained about this before but seriously something hast to be done about the 56 on match days, its every week.

Today there was buses 24/15/31/29/20 mins late, I was on a 56 and 4/5 in a row all Said Gateshead, thats no buses for well over an hour. There needs to be two deckers or atleast single deckers parked to do active replacement to try and keep the buses on time.
Wait a min, so one minute you moan about wrong buses being allocated, then in the same breath you're effectively saying 'stick any bus on the 56 to help it on matchdays', but then the next day you'd be back to moaning about wrong branded buses being on the 56 the previous day?, yeah cus thats logic right there

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 30 Apr 2023

(30 Apr 2023, 12:35 pm)V514DFT Wait a min, so one minute you moan about wrong buses being allocated, then in the same breath you're effectively saying 'stick any bus on the 56 to help it on matchdays', but then the next day you'd be back to moaning about wrong branded buses being on the 56 the previous day?, yeah cus thats logic right there
Well the great thing about Deptford is the only buses that can go into Newcastle are the CityRiders and all the other ones are in corporate, unless you want a Sunderland Connect on it. 

Also I may get angry about allocations, but i would much rather a bus have a wrong branding than it not run.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 07 May 2023

Hello dear Friends

I’m back,

Just a quick note to say I cannot wait for franchising and accountability to come down on these GNE charlatans as soon as it can. Another match day, another boat load of non existent buses. Another day of fully loaded standing upstairs angels.

It’s even worse since Chester closed. Morning service reliability is horrendous

God save the featham

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - busmanT - 07 May 2023

(07 May 2023, 9:42 pm)Ambassador Hello dear Friends

I’m back,

Just a quick note to say I cannot wait for franchising and accountability to come down on these GNE charlatans as soon as it can. Another match day, another boat load of non existent buses. Another day of fully loaded standing upstairs angels.

It’s even worse since Chester closed. Morning service reliability is horrendous

God save the featham
I assume that you have sent a detailed complaint to Go North East regarding these alleged failures to deliver a service - its no use complaining on here!

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 07 May 2023

(07 May 2023, 10:00 pm)busmanT I assume that you have sent a detailed complaint to Go North East regarding these alleged failures to deliver a service - its no use complaining on here!

I have indeed, I’ve included photos of the full top deck. On multiple occasions, as anyone who loves in low fell will attest, I even tweeted Nigel, no reply yet sadly. At least MG admitted his failings and got back to you, 

just left Eldon square. No angel for an hour, tip top service,

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - BusLoverMum - 07 May 2023

(07 May 2023, 10:03 pm)Ambassador I have indeed, I’ve included photos of the full top deck. On multiple occasions, as anyone who loves in low fell will attest, I even tweeted Nigel, no reply yet sadly. At least MG admitted his failings and got back to you, 

just left Eldon square. No angel for an hour, tip top service,
Big and frequent gaps on the x21 all day, too. On Sunday, that means 2 hours without a service. Was glad I checked the app while waiting for the 12:33 from Eldon Square. We were fine with the 21 but those travelling beyond had to buy another ticket for an arriva service.

Disruptions and driver shortages - pbjd - 08 May 2023

(07 May 2023, 10:50 pm)BusLoverMum Big and frequent gaps on the x21 all day, too. On Sunday, that means 2 hours without a service. Was glad I checked the app while waiting for the 12:33 from Eldon Square. We were fine with the 21 but those travelling beyond had to buy another ticket for an arriva service.

Believe that’s just 6359 having tracking issues rather than gaps in service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk