North East Buses
Disruptions and driver shortages - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Disruptions and driver shortages (/showthread.php?tid=3532)

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - deanmachine - 30 Jun 2023

(30 Jun 2023, 8:09 pm)Unber43 another shit show for GNE today, control basically said FU to the drivers. No updates via socials, buses running 20-30 mins late. Maybe even longer like seriously, an utter joke

It seems utterly mad to me to just keep sending buses into Newcastle knowing they're going to get stuck, there must be a solution that involves turning around at Gateshead.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 30 Jun 2023

(30 Jun 2023, 8:13 pm)deanmachine It seems utterly mad to me to just keep sending buses into Newcastle knowing they're going to get stuck, there must be a solution that involves turning around at Gateshead.

Get staff to drive shuttle buses between Gateshead to Newcastle

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Storx - 30 Jun 2023

(30 Jun 2023, 8:13 pm)deanmachine It seems utterly mad to me to just keep sending buses into Newcastle knowing they're going to get stuck, there must be a solution that involves turning around at Gateshead.

Probably didn't help the Metro is in a chronic state either. At least 9 boards were cancelled today with upto 30 minute gaps which won't help things until they just stopped reporting which trains were cancelled outright.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blockybus/53012738857/ this photo says it all

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 30 Jun 2023

(30 Jun 2023, 9:06 pm)Unber43 https://www.flickr.com/photos/blockybus/53012738857/ this photo says it all

Wow

That is indefensible sheer incompetence from GNE and whoever is on control duty. 

It’ll go on uncorrected as it has for nigh on a decade.

Edit….Christ on a bike…the person posting the photo is apparently a commercial assistant at GNE and doesn’t see why this is a problem, they’re acting like it’s a positive….no wonder the company is buggered

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Drifter60 - 30 Jun 2023

(30 Jun 2023, 9:06 pm)Unber43 https://www.flickr.com/photos/blockybus/53012738857/ this photo says it all

That really looks bad to have all of the 56s backing up like that, and not regulate them. However I’m going to say with a degree of hope rather than any certainty that they’ve caught up time with each other and actually left at different times. But I do hope that once control knew these three were running together, that the bus running most behind time, transferred passengers and ran light back to Sunderland to pick up the next journey.

I think a big issue is with the 56 without that it only has 5 mins at Park Lane, 7 at Eldon Square its too little aswell.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - mb134 - 30 Jun 2023

There were 8 21s in Newcastle City Centre at one stage if Bustimes was to be believed. 6325, as an example, ended up 71 minutes late at Gateshead Interchange on its 17:12 to Brandon.

The Service Delivery Centre is brought up on here frequently. Situations such as this is where they should earn their money but, judging by posts on here & on social media, for whatever reason it seems like they keep failing to do so.

Edit: A bit more hunting on Bustimes, the X1s look to have been equally bad. 6362 seems to have started it's 16:53 X1 into Newcastle about 36 minutes late, having been slammed into town on it's last trip. It got to Gateshead Interchange at 18:30 (41L) heading into town, and it should have been the 18:21 from there back to Peterlee. It was sent into town, and apparently left Eldon Square at 19:12, 71 minutes after it was due to do so. Passenger loadings and numbers waiting in Eldon Square obviously play a part, but outside looking in (which is, to a lesser extent, what passengers do) it seems mental that a bus, on a frequent route, which was over 40 minutes late and guaranteed to lose more time wasn't turned at an interchange point with passengers exchanged.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - deanmachine - 30 Jun 2023

(30 Jun 2023, 11:15 pm)mb134 The Service Delivery Centre is brought up on here frequently. Situations such as this is where they should earn their money but, judging by posts on here & on social media, for whatever reason it seems like they keep failing to do so.

I've heard they've cut back the staff in the SDC, so I doubt that will help.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - mb134 - 30 Jun 2023

(30 Jun 2023, 11:33 pm)deanmachine I've heard they've cut back the staff in the SDC, so I doubt that will help.

Which, given the financial situation, makes sense. But then if this is the result when the disruption is more than one bus breaking down, what's the point of having an "SDC" at all?

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 01 Jul 2023

If the past 72hrs is to go by there shouldnt be a SDC team, they should all be gone after the disastrous performance

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - citaro5284 - 01 Jul 2023

(01 Jul 2023, 3:58 pm)Unber43 If the past 72hrs is to go by there shouldnt be a SDC team, they should all be gone after the disastrous performance

I very much doubt you could do any better to be honest.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 01 Jul 2023

(01 Jul 2023, 4:24 pm)citaro5284 I very much doubt you could do any better to be honest.

It not my job

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Adrian - 01 Jul 2023

(01 Jul 2023, 4:27 pm)Unber43 It not my job
You suggested "you always have to help out" yesterday.

Mind, I think "help" would be stretching it in this case.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Busu284 - 01 Jul 2023

I'm gonna say it so fire your replies away

What the hell has happened to Go North East in the past few weeks. Have they just given up caring for the passengers u know the people they rely on to keep there services running.

Today the X75 broke down and apparently a nexus person was having to tell people update on the X75 and what was happening. Hmm I wonder why oh yea that's right. Cause twitter is never updated

Felt sorry for whoever the nexus man at Eldon was today. Probably got shouted at by thousands of people for trying to help them on a bus which was just on small sign posters with the line saying (some buses may be cancelled or terminate early due to the CM being shut) like absolutely nothing later from gne like they could have at least told people on twitter to expect delays. There's absolutely no indication to check the website as it doesn't tell u to (Probably does but idk) like I don't use the app (mainly for it being the most buggy and laggy thing I've ever had)

Like serious it seems gne has just given up trying to communicate with there passengers

Yes I'm Probably gonna get some nasty responses here of me "slating gne or constantly having a go at them" but when your out for the day and nothing being update its just bad

I'm ready for the backlash sooo I'll watch this

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Adrian - 01 Jul 2023

(01 Jul 2023, 6:37 pm)Busu284 I'm gonna say it so fire your replies away

What the hell has happened to Go North East in the past few weeks. Have they just given up caring for the passengers u know the people they rely on to keep there services running.

Today the X75 broke down and apparently a nexus person was having to tell people update on the X75 and what was happening. Hmm I wonder why oh yea that's right. Cause twitter is never updated

Felt sorry for whoever the nexus man at Eldon was today. Probably got shouted at by thousands of people for trying to help them on a bus which was just on small sign posters with the line saying (some buses may be cancelled or terminate early due to the CM being shut) like absolutely nothing later from gne like they could have at least told people on twitter to expect delays. There's absolutely no indication to check the website as it doesn't tell u to (Probably does but idk) like I don't use the app (mainly for it being the most buggy and laggy thing I've ever had)

Like serious it seems gne has just given up trying to communicate with there passengers

Yes I'm Probably gonna get some nasty responses here of me "slating gne or constantly having a go at them" but when your out for the day and nothing being update its just bad

I'm ready for the backlash sooo I'll watch this

"apparently" and "probably"... did you see this for yourself?

There's of course no room to give staff abuse, if indeed that did happen, but part of the role of a bus station supervisor is to answer queries from members of the public. So whilst it's not great that GNE seem to have ceased to use Twitter for service updates without public reason, I think most people would prefer to have staff on hand in an interchange like that.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Busu284 - 01 Jul 2023

(01 Jul 2023, 6:54 pm)Adrian "apparently" and "probably"... did you see this for yourself?

There's of course no room to give staff abuse, if indeed that did happen, but part of the role of a bus station supervisor is to answer queries from members of the public. So whilst it's not great that GNE seem to have ceased to use Twitter for service updates without public reason, I think most people would prefer to have staff on hand in an interchange like that.
I didn't see it however one of my mates was using the X75 and he was there when nexus were given the updates

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 01 Jul 2023

They don’t care about customer service anymore, it’s as simple as that and there’s no indication it will change.

It’s terminal decline, let’s wait and see whoever picks them off when Go Ahead get rid does with it. A clear out at Bensham would surely be too of the agenda

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - deanmachine - 01 Jul 2023

(01 Jul 2023, 8:17 pm)Ambassador They don’t care about customer service anymore, it’s as simple as that and there’s no indication it will change.

It’s terminal decline, let’s wait and see whoever picks them off when Go Ahead get rid does with it. A clear out at Bensham would surely be too of the agenda

And just wait until the employee pay terms rear their head too. It's almost like this MD just attracts it.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Rob44 - 02 Jul 2023

THE 29 I GOT TO TOWN WAS LATE BUT STILL FOR SOMEREASON WAITED AT GATESHEAD METRO then he said to another driver who was waiting for his bus that he was waitng for a x1 to pass him so he could follow them as he had no idea where he was going from the map GNE has supplied!!