North East Buses
Disruptions and driver shortages - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Disruptions and driver shortages (/showthread.php?tid=3532)

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 09 Jul 2023

There wasn't a single 22A yesterday

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Kuyoyo - 09 Jul 2023

(09 Jul 2023, 9:43 am)Unber43 There wasn't a single 22A yesterday

Anything that was changing this weekend within Arriva wasn't showing up on Bus Times yesterday - so don't take anything on there as fact.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - deanmachine - 09 Jul 2023

(09 Jul 2023, 9:43 am)Unber43 There wasn't a single 22A yesterday

I drove past one.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 10 Jul 2023

(09 Jul 2023, 9:50 am)Kuyoyo Anything that was changing this weekend within Arriva wasn't showing up on Bus Times yesterday - so don't take anything on there as fact.

I was at Park Lane, I didn't see two in a row, so atleast two didn't run

Disruptions and driver shortages - cbma06 - 10 Jul 2023

(10 Jul 2023, 7:50 pm)Unber43 I was at Park Lane, I didn't see two in a row, so atleast two didn't run

Service 22A doesn’t run anymore since Sunday morning, it’s just the 22 now, maybe the 22 was running extremely late due to the service running through the pit villages to get passengers to the yearly gathering through Durham City and maybe the tall ships event had a knock on effect for bus services nearby and traffic, a lot went on over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 18 Jul 2023

Bookmark this Dan….praise for GNE

Fairly substantial queues for the 21 last Thursday around rush hour, a less than ideal 20 minute wait. 3 21s arrived…all passengers loaded into 1 21 with support from a very late 28 whilst the other ran straight out to scoop up Gate and Wilkinson passengers. The 3rd went not in service but we caught up with it loading up the even bigger queue at High Level Bridge

The second was lightly loaded and took the strain at Gateshead whilst we sailed through

Worked fairly well and while the 20 minute plus wait on a 7 min service isn’t fantastic. whether it was drivers using common sense or being directed, it worked out well. The long waits are becoming regular esp since central motorway fire and even beforehand but this was the first time I’ve seen positive proactive management

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 20 Jul 2023

Heada up for anyone heading into town this weekend, particularly from the South of the River.

The wonderful northern pride parade ,which is worth a visit, means no services will serve Eldon Square or Haymarket for extended periods during Saturday
afternoon.

And added to that Central Motorway northbound is closed all weekend for demolition works following the fire.

God speed!

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - L469 YVK - 20 Jul 2023

(20 Jul 2023, 9:14 pm)Ambassador Heada up for anyone heading into town this weekend, particularly from the South of the River.

The wonderful northern pride parade ,which is worth a visit, means no services will serve Eldon Square or Haymarket for extended periods during Saturday
afternoon.

And added to that Central Motorway northbound is closed all weekend for demolition works following the fire.

God speed!

Would be better termimating all affected services at Gateshead and potentially MetroCentre with shuttles to and from Newcastle!

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 21 Jul 2023

It’s horrendous getting across the Tyne bridge today yet they’re persisting with sending everything across it. The queues are horrific

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - mb134 - 22 Jul 2023

Another SDC masterclass in service regulation today. Had intended to catch a Q3 into town from Gosforth as I planned to catch another GNE service afterwards, so I could use a day ticket rather than having to buy an Arriva single for the trip to town.

I'd just missed the (delayed) 12:55 from Great Park, and according to Bustimes the next ones were both stuck in the city centre. Two are now on their way to Great Park, 5807 which is 40 minutes late, and 5803 right behind which is 21 minutes late. Neither of those will be heading south through Gosforth for at least another 10-15 minutes, meaning it's been an hour without a bus.

I'm sure the residents of Great Park and Jesmond, for whom the Q3 is the only service, would have loved the hour long wait in the rain without any notice of disruption on the GNE app.

Would it have been too much to ask to send something NIS to Great Park to start a southbound near enough on time? Especially given the Pride parade was an event GNE were actively participating in?

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 25 Jul 2023

absolute havoc on any service which uses the A19/ Hetton there has been a crash at Easington Services roads blocked both sides

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - streetdeckfan - 25 Jul 2023

(25 Jul 2023, 4:15 pm)Unber43 absolute havoc on any service which uses the A19/ Hetton there has been a crash at Easington Services roads blocked both sides

In other news, water is wet.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 29 Jul 2023

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/gnel-6007?date=2023-07-29#journeys/457701377 i cannot believe the last X21 didnt run

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 31 Jul 2023

A month long closure of 2 stands in Eldon Square starts today - the biggest impact for Go North East passengers is the entrance to the bus station by Marks and Spencer will be closed and access will be via Percy St and Eldon Sq itself only

From Monday 31 July until Thursday 31 August 2023 there will be temporary closures of Stands J and K in Eldon Square Bus Station so that kerb realignment works can take place. These works will temporarily affect the locations where buses can pick up and set down customers and for approximately 2 weeks, Stands J and K will be withdrawn from use while their kerbs are realigned.

Stagecoach services X47, X77, X78, X79, X87, X88 will be affected by the Stand closures, these services will be revised to run via Queen Victoria Road, with most trips then terminating at the foot of St.Thomas’ Street (and as a result will not be able to observe their inbound stops on Claremont Road east, or Barras Bridge). These arrangements are necessary as some buses will need to then run direct to Percy Street in order to pick up their next service, and there will only be very limited areas for buses to congregate inside Eldon Square Bus Station.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 31 Jul 2023

Is this the first of the the stands being done or just those two

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Ambassador - 11 Aug 2023

Daily cancellations seem to be creeping up every day again.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 17 Aug 2023

GCT 71 is being hammered by the roadworks at Seaton, at times theyve been backing up onto the A19

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Chris 1 - 18 Aug 2023

(18 Aug 2023, 1:33 pm)Andreos1 I'm sure someone pointed out the patterns of strike action and poor industrial relations wherever NF had been. 
I'm not surprised to read this myself. 

Interesting to note the comments about back-office staff. Maybe the company will be able to rely on them to get vehicles moving. Again.

I'm not sure it was ever perfect prior to it closing.

However, moving ops elsewhere was hardly likely to improve the situation. Particularly in the short-term with the network basically the same as it was.

Another missed opportunity to look at the network perhaps?

He's certainly got form.  Seems a bit of a perfect storm this time round.  Capital is tight.  Revenue is tight.  Doesn't appear to be much wiggle room financially.  And if I'm a GNE driver I'm looking at Arriva and I'm wanting similar to their % increase.  Best of luck to them.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 22 Aug 2023

What a joke, we were going to Newcastle today and instead of driving we thought we'd get the X1 there, X10 home and park as it would be easier how wrong we were,

We got to Eldon Square about 15:30 just before the 15:34 was meant to leave, it was 10 mins late, it pulled in at 33 and left Not IN Service, the 15:52 stopped at Washington, and the next service the 16:07 came in very late 13 mins and that just pulled out causing the 16:20 to pick up well over an hour worth of passengers the cue was all the way upto Stand A and that was after the X10 passengers left the queue.

And one thing I noticed all the wireless charger holders have been snapped off the two X1's, well the X1 and the X45/6 branded StreetDecks, the 56 was just as bad as it always is, the South Hetton extension just going to make it worse, they need atleast 8 mins at Eldon Square, 4 Mins Galleries, 12 at Easington/South Hetton/Peterlee to try and claw back some time. Same with the 56 I hope the Sept changes add a PVR for both of these services.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 02 Sep 2023

"go north east buses have not yet updated website, due to safety issues some services arent running today, if you using buses they may not be running, so try checking online first before travelling"

I saw this on FB, any truth to it?

It seem to be Versa's issue with only one 2 on