North East Buses
Disruptions and driver shortages - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Disruptions and driver shortages (/showthread.php?tid=3532)

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Andreos1 - 04 Dec 2023

(04 Dec 2023, 4:20 pm)Storx Must say it's interesting to note that most the Stagecoach and Arriva Northumbria issues have pretty much gone now and both are full running a full service today yet GNE are a shambles, be interesting whether it's angry GNE drivers which have moved across. Stagecoach Sunderland, in particular, has been a mess for ages.

I'm interested to know if they've shot themselves in the foot with all of the suspended drivers.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Storx - 04 Dec 2023

(04 Dec 2023, 4:34 pm)Andreos1 I'm interested to know if they've shot themselves in the foot with all of the suspended drivers.

Yeah same, very dodgy move, especially if it's someone popular. Can just see the scenario playing out where X, who's mates with Y, Z, A, B, C, D and E, moves to Stagecoach and tells them how great it is and the rest all follow across, double that again because A and C have different friends who also follow.

Obviously there's the problem with not unlimited jobs at Stagecoach of course.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 04 Dec 2023

2.2A always struggle when theyre delayed, and they always are. They need a extra PVR

Disruptions and driver shortages - MurdnunoC - 05 Dec 2023

The scheduled 1130 setvice 352 from Cramlington to Newcastle pulled into Cramlington 12 minutes late then apparently buggered off NIS. Luckily, as the driver seemed to be in no immediate hurry to make up time, I anticipated this move and opted to catch the 37 instead.

Even with the prospect free travel I manage to somehow get shortchanged by the shambolic practices of Go North East.

What a bunch of cowboys!!

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 05 Dec 2023

running NIS for a every 60 mins service being 12 mins late is a bit of a joke

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - MurdnunoC - 05 Dec 2023

(05 Dec 2023, 2:15 pm)Unber43 running NIS for a every 60 mins service being 12 mins late is a bit of a joke

It certainly wasn't very productive on Go North East's part. When I boarded the 37, I thought to myself when looking at the driver, it's no wonder you get paid more with all this extra work you seem to be doing.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Adrian - 05 Dec 2023

(05 Dec 2023, 3:34 pm)MurdnunoC It certainly wasn't very productive on Go North East's part. When I boarded the 37, I thought to myself when looking at the driver, it's no wonder you get paid more with all this extra work you seem to be doing.

Overly concerned about driver productivity, but less so about the travelling public, who end up standing around in the cold for extended periods.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - BusLoverMum - 05 Dec 2023

(05 Dec 2023, 2:15 pm)Unber43 running NIS for a every 60 mins service being 12 mins late is a bit of a joke

It's rubbish for people who do need that bus but depends how close a driver is to their driving hours, I expect.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Storx - 05 Dec 2023

(05 Dec 2023, 4:06 pm)BusLoverMum It's rubbish for people who do need that bus but depends how close a driver is to their driving hours, I expect.

Looking at tracking it seems it just went out of service completely. Good thing the service behind it ran, oh wait.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - L469 YVK - 05 Dec 2023

(04 Dec 2023, 10:14 am)Thomas12 Yeah they are a complete shambles, I was at the bus stop and heard a passenger was waiting over an hour for a 41/41A so would suggest bustimes is correct.

Agreed, the cancellation list would be shocking. It was bad enough before the strike.

Hence why there's a low risk V potential high reward situation Stagecoach could take advantage off if they can negotiate with Cobalt Park; to provide competition with the 41/41A/307.

Won't go into it any further on this thread though........I promise!

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Thomas12 - 05 Dec 2023

(05 Dec 2023, 4:40 pm)L469 YVK Hence why there's a low risk V potential high reward situation Stagecoach could take advantage off if they can negotiate with Cobalt Park; to provide competition with the 41/41A/307.

Won't go into it any further on this thread though........I promise!

Well the same thing has happened today so I'm sure passengers will be happy if that was the case. 

Even GCT would be an upgrade!

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - DeltaMan - 05 Dec 2023

(04 Dec 2023, 4:20 pm)Storx Must say it's interesting to note that most the Stagecoach and Arriva Northumbria issues have pretty much gone now and both are full running a full service today yet GNE are a shambles, be interesting whether it's angry GNE drivers which have moved across. Stagecoach Sunderland, in particular, has been a mess for ages.

That simply isn't true. I'm sick of getting messages from my sister about a load of Slatyford routes down the toilet. If Stagecoach were back to "normal" they'd be running the 100. But they aren't

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Shrek - 05 Dec 2023

(05 Dec 2023, 5:47 pm)DeltaMan That simply isn't true. I'm sick of getting messages from my sister about a load of Slatyford routes down the toilet. If Stagecoach were back to "normal" they'd be running the 100. But they aren't

Was the 100 busy before it stopped running? I hadn't seen it for ages, but I'd heard it was nowhere near as busy as it used to be. Maybe Stagecoach have no intention of bringing it back and are concentrating resources on routes they think can make more money such as the extended 38 and 37?

Disruptions and driver shortages - Dan - 05 Dec 2023

(05 Dec 2023, 7:02 pm)Shrek Was the 100 busy before it stopped running? I hadn't seen it for ages, but I'd heard it was nowhere near as busy as it used to be. Maybe Stagecoach have no intention of bringing it back and are concentrating resources on routes they think can make more money such as the extended 38 and 37?

Stagecoach agreed ticket acceptance with Go North East due to the suspension of the 100, but are now recommending that customers purchase the new Transport North East ticket instead, from next month. Suggests they have no intention of reinstating the 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Storx - 05 Dec 2023

(05 Dec 2023, 5:47 pm)DeltaMan That simply isn't true. I'm sick of getting messages from my sister about a load of Slatyford routes down the toilet. If Stagecoach were back to "normal" they'd be running the 100. But they aren't

To be fair, I did say most, I know absolutely nothing about Slatyford tbh, was more Walkergate and Sunderland I was talking about, which until recently were both a complete mess but they seem to be pretty much full service now.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - BusLoverMum - 05 Dec 2023

(05 Dec 2023, 7:02 pm)Shrek Was the 100 busy before it stopped running? I hadn't seen it for ages, but I'd heard it was nowhere near as busy as it used to be. Maybe Stagecoach have no intention of bringing it back and are concentrating resources on routes they think can make more money such as the extended 38 and 37?

It would have been rammed for most of October and all of November.

Disruptions and driver shortages - MVK 500R - 06 Dec 2023

Great to see normal service has resumed on the Q3. First bus out of Wallsend is a no-show.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 06 Dec 2023

loads of missed buses around the Consett area today. And Deptford, theyve got 8 drifters, only 5 are on the proper route, Sunderland COnencts on 20s.

Nice to be back to normal

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - BusLoverMum - 07 Dec 2023

(06 Dec 2023, 9:30 pm)Unber43 loads of missed buses around the Consett area today. And Deptford, theyve got 8 drifters, only 5 are on the proper route, Sunderland COnencts on 20s.

Nice to be back to normal

Wasn't checking all morning but two 20s to Langley Park in a row missing, yesterday morning and lots of very cold, fed up people waiting at our local bus stops, yesterday morning, when I popped out.

Only took 4 hours for that to post!

There's a couple of solos on the 20, today, too.

Disruptions and driver shortages - Adrian - 12 Dec 2023

The 51/52s appear to be all over the place in Gateshead at the moment. Is there no such thing as proactive regulation?

In a world where productivity appears to be the buzz word of the day, it can't be very productive having one bus collect 3 bus loads of passengers?

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk