North East Buses
Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=3718)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 16 Mar 2022

(16 Mar 2022, 2:09 am)Drifter60 I knew I had seen that document before, thanks for posting. Interesting that it seems the 239 contract should have ran out the same time as the other Peterlee networks but it seems GNE might have forced a change.

On the back of this got me thinking, are there any other GNE routes that are far from a depot? We’ve mentioned the 65 and obviously with the Peterlee depot closing - trying to think of others.

434 between Cambois and Linton.
Durham Cathedral Buses
681 between Haltwhistle and Alston

There's also some of the Gateshead / Newcastle services like the Q3 which don't run near Riverside / Percy Main. It's 6.8 mile between Percy Main and St. Peters Basin (it's only 6.9 mile between Deptford and Seaham)

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Unber43 - 16 Mar 2022

(16 Mar 2022, 2:09 am)Drifter60 On the back of this got me thinking, are there any other GNE routes that are far from a depot? We’ve mentioned the 65 and obviously with the Peterlee depot closing - trying to think of others.
When the 65 moved to Deptford it will be the same as the 60 starting at Parkisde. Or 61 starting at Murton. Or the couple of 55 which start and finish at Peterlee.

Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 16 Mar 2022

(16 Mar 2022, 7:16 am)Unber43 When the 65 moved to Deptford it will be the same as the 60 starting at Parkisde. Or 61 starting at Murton. Or the couple of 55 which start and finish at Peterlee.

The main difference is the reliefs - dead runs are fairy inexpensive and just part of running a bus (sometimes not worth the cost to run it back in service if it takes a lot longer).

The driver reliefs during the day are where the expense is. In all your examples from Deptford, changeovers take place at Park Lane. There’s no way for the 65 to be relieved (in its current form) without coming at additional cost - drivers time, vans, etc… but this is a cost that is already being absorbed with reliefs at Hetton-le-Hole from Peterlee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Rapidsnap - 16 Mar 2022

681 doesn't involve a dead run. It runs as the X81 from Hexham to Alston in the morning, and returns in the evening.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 16 Mar 2022

(16 Mar 2022, 8:53 pm)Rapidsnap 681 doesn't involve a dead run. It runs as the X81 from Hexham to Alston in the morning, and returns in the evening.

Surely there has to be a driver change at some point though? It's just over 10 hours between both journeys and the buses doesn't seem to come back to Hexham as it interworks with the 185 during the day.

Believe it's 10 hours a max a day.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - citaro5284 - 16 Mar 2022

(16 Mar 2022, 9:25 pm)Storx Surely there has to be a driver change at some point though? It's just over 10 hours between both journeys and the buses doesn't seem to come back to Hexham as it interworks with the 185 during the day.

The Domestic Driving Rule is 10 hours driving on a maximum of 16 hour spread.  If you have standing time between journeys, you do not have to count that towards driving time either.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Drifter60 - 16 Mar 2022

(16 Mar 2022, 9:25 pm)Storx Surely there has to be a driver change at some point though? It's just over 10 hours between both journeys and the buses doesn't seem to come back to Hexham as it interworks with the 185 during the day.

Bus Times would suggest the driver has an hour long break at Alston.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 17 Mar 2022

(16 Mar 2022, 10:39 pm)citaro5284 The Domestic Driving Rule is 10 hours driving on a maximum of 16 hour spread.  If you have standing time between journeys, you do not have to count that towards driving time either.
(16 Mar 2022, 10:48 pm)Drifter60 Bus Times would suggest the driver has an hour long break at Alston.

Yeah that's fair, breaks just went over my head there can't lie. Makes sense.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - xpm - 17 Mar 2022

(16 Mar 2022, 8:53 pm)Rapidsnap 681 doesn't involve a dead run. It runs as the X81 from Hexham to Alston in the morning, and returns in the evening.
It would do if it wasn’t for that feeder journey - and that’s all it is.  Rather than make it a dead run - which is what the contract is, they run it commercially in the hope that someone will get on it.  It’s a really pain when the weather is bad.

same duty same driver same vehicle all day - even longer on a Saturday with a Hexham town service clagged on the end of it to add insult to injury unless it’s changed recently.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - peter - 17 Mar 2022

(17 Mar 2022, 10:27 pm)xpm It would do if it wasn’t for that feeder journey - and that’s all it is.  Rather than make it a dead run - which is what the contract is, they run it commercially in the hope that someone will get on it.  It’s a really pain when the weather is bad.

same duty same driver same vehicle all day - even longer on a Saturday with a Hexham town service clagged on the end of it to add insult to injury unless it’s changed recently.

The bus is now used on a 680 prior (M-F) and a 688 after (M-S) so can't see it being the same driver.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Unber43 - 19 Mar 2022

I saw a user on FB, saying that the Service 26 is moving to Percy Main Is there any merit to this?

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - DaveFromUpNorth - 19 Mar 2022

The 434 Cambois to Linton service does a school run and I'm sure the driver parks up in Ashington Arriva Depot for his break (I've spotted it a few times when at Mcd in Ashington) when I used to work up that neck of the woods

Think it was the same driver too all week

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 19 Mar 2022

(19 Mar 2022, 1:42 pm)Unber43 I saw a user on FB, saying that the Service 26 is moving to Percy Main Is there any merit to this?

It seems unlikely as it would add quite alot of dead mileage to the route.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Adrian - 19 Mar 2022

(19 Mar 2022, 8:07 pm)Michael It seems unlikely as it would add quite alot of dead mileage to the route.

It wouldn't really. The depot is only the other side of the Tyne Tunnel from Jarrow.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 19 Mar 2022

(19 Mar 2022, 1:42 pm)Unber43 I saw a user on FB, saying that the Service 26 is moving to Percy Main Is there any merit to this?

Someone mentioned that there's some work going over but not everything. Wasn't said what runs they are but wouldn't surprise me if it's the late evening boards that don't interwork with the 50. Jarrow is much closer to Percy Main than Washington and they'd have the Streetlite's spare from the 19 (Cramlington) / 41 which doesn't run late on.

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/40357?date=2022-03-18
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/40390?date=2022-03-18

Those boards (after 6pm for the second).

Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - MVK 500R - 23 Mar 2022

Didn't know it was Sunday already. My bus stop now apparently doesn't have a bus service. [Image: b0e6183a934fcab78f14e10e200f91a5.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Train8261 - 23 Mar 2022

(23 Mar 2022, 7:39 am)MVK 500R Didn't know it was Sunday already. My bus stop now apparently doesn't have a bus service. [Image: b0e6183a934fcab78f14e10e200f91a5.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Bus stops in Annitsford now show 342

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - DeltaMan - 23 Mar 2022

(19 Mar 2022, 8:20 pm)Adrian It wouldn't really. The depot is only the other side of the Tyne Tunnel from Jarrow.

I could only see the 26 running out of Percy Main as a short term thing until Washington has enough staff. Otherwise you are burdening the vehicles on the 26 with the cost of Tyne Tunnel tolls, on top of the usual overheads.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 23 Mar 2022

(23 Mar 2022, 10:08 am)DeltaMan I could only see the 26 running out of Percy Main as a short term thing until Washington has enough staff. Otherwise you are burdening the vehicles on the 26 with the cost of Tyne Tunnel tolls, on top of the usual overheads.

Toll is only £6.66 for two passages, which would be cheaper or equal to the fuel costs of running from Washington I'd imagine.

RE: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 23 Mar 2022

(23 Mar 2022, 3:16 pm)omnicity4659 Toll is only £6.66 for two passages, which would be cheaper or equal to the fuel costs of running from Washington I'd imagine.

Do public buses even pay for the Tunnel? I don't know btw, just had a feeling they might have an exception for them.

Either way unless there's a mass timetable change Percy Main can't run the 26 all day anyway since it interworks with the 50 and there's a 24 minute wait at South Shields. The only boards that realistically they could cover are the 2 evening boards which run empty from Washington and run alone which the £3.33 (if they pay it) would be cheaper than running empty.