North East Buses
Concerts in Tyne and Wear - Special SF Buses and Metro - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Concerts in Tyne and Wear - Special SF Buses and Metro (/showthread.php?tid=4317)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Concerts in Tyne and Wear - Special SF Buses and Metro - Michael - 24 May 2023

Bus registration details
Registration numberPB0003954/1386
Licence NumberPB0003954
Variation number0
StatusNew
Service number .SF3, SF3
Service type Normal Stopping
Start point Newcastle
Finish point Chester-le-Street
ViaGateshead, Low Fell
Date received 24 May 2023
Effective date 10 Jun 2023
End date 10 Jun 2023
Supported by subsidies? In Part
Local authorities covered by routeDurham County Council
Nexus (Tyne & Wear)
TAOs covered by route North East of England

RE: SF3 - Unber43 - 24 May 2023

thats strange...SF3..

RE: SF3 - Jimmi - 24 May 2023

(24 May 2023, 5:20 pm)Michael Bus registration details
Registration numberPB0003954/1386
Licence NumberPB0003954
Variation number0
StatusNew
Service number .SF3, SF3
Service type Normal Stopping
Start point Newcastle
Finish point Chester-le-Street
ViaGateshead, Low Fell
Date received 24 May 2023
Effective date 10 Jun 2023
End date 10 Jun 2023
Supported by subsidies? In Part
Local authorities covered by routeDurham County Council
Nexus (Tyne & Wear)
TAOs covered by route North East of England
Going to hazard a guess that it's in aid of the Sam Fender gig at St James' Park that night.

RE: SF3 - Andreos1 - 24 May 2023

(24 May 2023, 5:46 pm)Jimmi Going to hazard a guess that it's in aid of the Sam Fender gig at St James' Park that night.

Subsidies though?

RE: SF3 - LVK 404L - 24 May 2023

There is also an SF1 and an SF2 going North of Newcastle

SF3 - Dan - 24 May 2023

(24 May 2023, 6:00 pm)ifm001 There is also an SF1 and an SF2 going North of Newcastle

https://www.nexus.org.uk/concerts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: SF3 - Storx - 24 May 2023

Must say whichever clown thought it was appropriate to have a gig at the St James at the same time as the Stadium of Light really needs questions asked. I'm sure Sam Fender could've done another weekend, Beyonce less so, so why I'm picking on Newcastle.

Good on them for prioritising Sunderland since there's no Metro's to South Shields, Sunderland or the Airport from Newcastle that night. Feel sorry for people working mind.

RE: SF3 - Jimmi - 24 May 2023

(24 May 2023, 9:20 pm)Storx Must say whichever clown thought it was appropriate to have a gig at the St James at the same time as the Stadium of Light really needs questions asked. I'm sure Sam Fender could've done another weekend, Beyonce less so, so why I'm picking on Newcastle.

The Metro's will be absolute carnage especially if they don't bother running extra trains from Sunderland.

Blame should be the other way round as Sam Fender was announced (publicly at least) first, it's P!nk that night, Beyoncé was last night.

Either way, not ideal having two events of such a size on the same night.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

RE: SF3 - Storx - 24 May 2023

(24 May 2023, 9:28 pm)Jimmi Blame should be the other way round as Sam Fender was announced (publicly at least) first, it's P!nk that night, Beyoncé was last night.

Either way, not ideal having two events of such a size on the same night.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Apologies meant P!nk, I'm sure it would've been in planning months ahead though.

I never understand why they don't run extra trains (Northern or even LNER as they're cleared) from Sunderland which are the length of Sunderland's platform - should be able to get a good 7/8 car in and run them direct to Newcastle would shift a massive amount of people, even known they'd have to walk to Sunderland with the Metro's shuttling between Heworth and Sunderland only - believe they can turn around at Heworth.

RE: SF3 - Busu284 - 30 May 2023

Go North East SF3 timetable will start at 22.00 running every 10 minutes from Newcastle Market Street to Chester-le-Street until 00.40

RE: SF3 - L469 YVK - 30 May 2023

On the nights the extra 306 journeys operate, would the following boarding policy not make sense for the 23:00 307, 23:15 308 and 23:45 309 with joint ticketing in place? Obviously would need Nexus/GNE/Arriva staff to check travel intentions.

23:15 - 308
- From Haymarket, St Mary's Place and Civic Centre, NO passengers to board who intend to alight at any point along the Coast Road except St Peter's / Holy Cross

23:00 307 & 23:45 - 309
- From Haymarket, St Mary's Place and Civic Centre, NO passengers to board who intend to alight at any point between Newcastle and Middle Engine Lane Bingo except Station Road & Mullen Road (and Hadrian Park in the case of the 307).

RE: SF3 - omnicity4659 - 30 May 2023

that's overcomplicating things and will ultimately cause problems between passengers and staff

there'll be plenty of seats for everyone.

RE: SF3 - Unber43 - 31 May 2023

I would defineltly be worried if I was trying to get home that night on any service tbh

RE: SF3 - Storx - 31 May 2023

(31 May 2023, 9:28 am)Unber43 I would defineltly be worried if I was trying to get home that night on any service tbh

Why, it's only Sam Fender who is bang average. It's no different to a match day bar it's a weekend so a larger chunk of people will likely stay out.

SF1 - SF3 only exist because the Metro is closed pretty much;

SF1: Green Line North of Newcastle
SF2: Yellow Line North of Newcastle as far as Palmersville
SF3: Yellow / Green Line South of Newcastle, Change at Gateshead - assume crowd control there.
306: Support Yellow Line from Monument which will be slammed as it's doing Monument to Northumberland Park by assuming redirecting people who would be using the Metro at Haymarket onto the SF1/SF2/306 instead of Monument.

Not sure what you're meant to do if you live at Ilford Road or West Jesmond mind.

RE: SF3 - Busu284 - 31 May 2023

(31 May 2023, 10:00 am)Storx Why, it's only Sam Fender who is bang average. It's no different to a match day bar it's a weekend so a larger chunk of people will likely stay out.

SF1 - SF3 only exist because the Metro is closed pretty much;

SF1: Green Line North of Newcastle
SF2: Yellow Line North of Newcastle as far as Palmersville
SF3: Yellow / Green Line South of Newcastle, Change at Gateshead - assume crowd control there.
306: Support Yellow Line from Monument which will be slammed as it's doing Monument to Northumberland Park by assuming redirecting people who would be using the Metro at Haymarket onto the SF1/SF2/306 instead of Monument.

Not sure what you're meant to do if you live at Ilford Road or West Jesmond mind.
Would it have made more sense to make the 1 run alongside the 306 as well as that goes to Whitley Bay and servers each station between Monument to Whitley Bay to support both the metro and 306

RE: SF3 - Unber43 - 31 May 2023

If the metro goes down on that night...

RE: SF3 - Storx - 31 May 2023

(31 May 2023, 11:14 am)Busu284 Would it have made more sense to make the 1 run alongside the 306 as well as that goes to Whitley Bay and servers each station between Monument to Whitley Bay to support both the metro and 306

There's probably enough demand along there tbf, remember there's the 22 aswell so there's pretty much 4 buses an hour plus the 12/39/40/62/63 doing bits of it aswell.

I wonder if the 306 might be partially to stop at Sandyford / Cradlewell to get students home in the Jesmond area since there's absolutely nothing serving the place bar 1 bus an hour on the Q3 even known it's a bit of a walk. West Jesmond is one of the busiest Metro stops aswell.

Guessing there might be a few fans from Shields aswell cos Sam Fender is a North Shields lad you know. He doesn't half like banging on about it.

RE: SF3 - Drifter60 - 05 Jun 2023

I must say that on a roughly related note, these articles and social media pushes about ‘getting home from the concerts’ for Sam Fender and Pink this weekend are mostly useless. There’s no practical information about timings or last buses etc with the exception of the SF3 bus that nexus is funding. Really wouldn’t it have been an idea to tell people which buses go where for those who might not always use public transport as well as what time the last services are. For instance Sam Fender is due off stage 10:50-11:00 but yet the last bus on the X1 leaves at 10:30 if going to Peterlee, 11pm if going to Houghton or Easington Lane, the 11:30 service only goes to Washington. I get the impression the last buses don’t get listed because it would highlight how woeful some of the services are, to be frank.

I’m sure in times gone by for the Airshow and previous stadium concerts, special extended buses have operated to/from Stadium of Light and Seaburn on the 2/2A, 60 etc. Not sure if these were funded in any way or not, but you’d think operators could run a few extra services on such occasions.

RE: SF3 - Unber43 - 05 Jun 2023

When the concerts happened in 2014/2016 they had special 78/60/42/56/35 services etc from Stadium Of Light surprised they didn't do it for this year tbh

RE: SF3 - Storx - 05 Jun 2023

(05 Jun 2023, 2:13 pm)Drifter60 I must say that on a roughly related note, these articles and social media pushes about ‘getting home from the concerts’ for Sam Fender and Pink this weekend are mostly useless. There’s no practical information about timings or last buses etc with the exception of the SF3 bus that nexus is funding. Really wouldn’t it have been an idea to tell people which buses go where for those who might not always use public transport as well as what time the last services are. For instance Sam Fender is due off stage 10:50-11:00 but yet the last bus on the X1 leaves at 10:30 if going to Peterlee, 11pm if going to Houghton or Easington Lane, the 11:30 service only goes to Washington. I get the impression the last buses don’t get listed because it would highlight how woeful some of the services are, to be frank.

I’m sure in times gone by for the Airshow and previous stadium concerts, special extended buses have operated to/from Stadium of Light and Seaburn on the 2/2A, 60 etc. Not sure if these were funded in any way or not, but you’d think operators could run a few extra services on such occasions.

In fairness the buses are the least of the issues imo.

There's total gaps on how someone from Newcastle is meant to 
  • Use the Metro towards Sunderland / South Shields.
  • Get to West Jesmond / Ilford Road at all
  • Information for people who aren't at the concerts and are affected

and similar at Sunderland for someone needing the Metro there.

Newcastle in particular is a major destination in it's own right and they've effectively just shut the Metro down with no information at all.