North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 17 Feb 2015

(17 Feb 2015, 10:36 am)MrFozz I feel sorry for Southampton...looking like Carlisle must be depressing it is an awful place

Or Carlisle looking like Southampton... Never been to Southampton like.

RE: Anything and Everything - Malarkey - 17 Feb 2015

Does anyone know where the Engine Room Pub is in Wrekenton/Eighton Banks (As in a precise Address as I cant find it on Google Maps, got an Interview there on Thursday for a Job at the Waggon Inn which is in the process of being refurbished.

RE: Anything and Everything - Adam - 17 Feb 2015

(17 Feb 2015, 8:47 pm)Malarkey Does anyone know where the Engine Room Pub is in Wrekenton/Eighton Banks (As in a precise Address as I cant find it on Google Maps, got an Interview there on Thursday for a Job at the Waggon Inn which is in the process of being refurbished.

I've never even heard of an Engine Room pub and, as I'm sure you're already aware, live in Eighton Banks haha. In the mighty homeland there's:
The Quarryman's
The Wagon Inn
The Lambton Arms
The Ship Inn
technically The Mill House
and does the Golf Club count?

In Wrekenton there's:
Coach & Horses
A derelict The Ship
The Royal Oak
The Clock
Stormont Main
The Seven Stars

(17 Feb 2015, 9:22 pm)Adam I've never even heard of an Engine Room pub and, as I'm sure you're already aware, live in Eighton Banks haha. In the mighty homeland there's:
The Quarryman's
The Wagon Inn
The Lambton Arms
The Ship Inn
technically The Mill House
and does the Golf Club count?

In Wrekenton there's:
Coach & Horses
A derelict The Ship
The Royal Oak
The Clock
Stormont Main
The Seven Stars
It was formerly known as The Lambton Arms, nothing came up on Google Maps though so I used street view and found it that way.

RE: Anything and Everything - Davie - 17 Feb 2015

(17 Feb 2015, 9:35 pm)Malarkey It was formerly known as The Lambton Arms, nothing came up on Google Maps though so I used street view and found it that way.

I think it might be on Rockcliffe way

(17 Feb 2015, 9:45 pm)Davie I think it might be on Rockcliffe way
Yeah I found it as I said my previous post.

(17 Feb 2015, 9:35 pm)Malarkey It was formerly known as The Lambton Arms, nothing came up on Google Maps though so I used street view and found it that way.

ah right. I didn't know it was being re-named. I'm not often up that end.

(17 Feb 2015, 10:01 pm)Malarkey Yeah I found it as I said my previous post.
You gonna plump for a trip on the 23? 
Watch out for gtom out on his horse mind!

(17 Feb 2015, 10:21 pm)Adam ah right. I didn't know it was being re-named. I'm not often up that end.

It was always a canny pub for a bite to eat and quiet pint in the summer.
It seems to have had a few owners/landlords over the last few years like.

(17 Feb 2015, 10:28 pm)Andreos1 You gonna plump for a trip on the 23? 
Watch out for gtom out on his horse mind!

It was always a canny pub for a bite to eat and quiet pint in the summer.
Will indeed as it stops right outside the Pub which is handy, saves a long walk from Wrekenton, out of curiosity how much is a Single from Washington Galleries to Eighton Banks.

(17 Feb 2015, 10:28 pm)Andreos1 It was always a canny pub for a bite to eat and quiet pint in the summer.

My family and I used to go there for a meal now and again. Was quite good at one point, but the quality gradually declined as different owners came and went. In the summer I quite often ride past there on my bike (although it does contradict what I said in my previous post about hardly venturing up that area) and there were always people sat outside. It's a decent view there as well of the Valley and up the Silverhills.

We quite like the Wagon at the minute. Always get a very nice meal there, but it's always busy. Very popular place.

(17 Feb 2015, 10:31 pm)Malarkey Will indeed as it stops right outside the Pub which is handy, saves a long walk from Wrekenton, out of curiosity how much is a Single from Washington Galleries to Eighton Banks.

It's a nice walk from Springwell in the summer. Not far on your bike either
X25 goes by the pub too.

No idea how much it will be. Imagine it will be a couple of quid each way. Day Rover jobby, bearing in mind the fare to/from yours to the Galls?

(17 Feb 2015, 10:41 pm)Andreos1 It's a nice walk from Springwell in the summer. Not far on your bike either
X25 goes by the pub too.

No idea how much it will be. Imagine it will be a couple of quid each way. Day Rover jobby, bearing in mind the fare to/from yours to the Galls?

The Bowes Railway cycle path is cracking. I love riding along there. Had many a puncture, and a crash, over the years going down the big steep hill over the road from the Lambton on that gravel track to Foxy's Pond.

(17 Feb 2015, 10:36 pm)Adam My family and I used to go there for a meal now and again. Was quite good at one point, but the quality gradually declined as different owners came and went. In the summer I quite often ride past there on my bike (although it does contradict what I said in my previous post about hardly venturing up that area) and there were always people sat outside. It's a decent view there as well of the Valley and up the Silverhills.

We quite like the Wagon at the minute. Always get a very nice meal there, but it's always busy. Very popular place.
Might see in there if I get the Job, still a little confused as to why I need to go to the Lambton Arms for the Interview for a Job at the Waggon Inn, but never mind.
(17 Feb 2015, 10:41 pm)Andreos1 It's a nice walk from Springwell in the summer. Not far on your bike either
X25 goes by the pub too.

Ta Andreos1, think ill just get a Day Rover then, might bike it up in the Summer Months if I get the Job as it would only take 20-25 Minutes, probs half that going back down as its all down hill.

(17 Feb 2015, 10:58 pm)Malarkey Might see in there if I get the Job, still a little confused as to why I need to go to the Lambton Arms for the Interview for a Job at the Waggon Inn, but never mind.

I'm sure my brothers were saying they're friends with the Waggon's owners' son, and they tried to buy the Lambton the last time it was up for sale, but were unsuccessful, so if they've been successful buying it this time then that would explain it. It's certainly possible.

P.S. No idea what made me think the Waggon was spelt with one "G". Blame my stupid cold... Undecided

(17 Feb 2015, 10:56 pm)Adam The Bowes Railway cycle path is cracking. I love riding along there. Had many a puncture, and a crash, over the years going down the big steep hill over the road from the Lambton on that gravel track to Foxy's Pond.
Haven't been on the path for a while. What sort of nick is it in these days?
(17 Feb 2015, 10:58 pm)Malarkey Might see in there if I get the Job, still a little confused as to why I need to go to the Lambton Arms for the Interview for a Job at the Waggon Inn, but never mind.
Ta Andreos1, think ill just get a Day Rover then, might bike it up in the Summer Months if I get the Job as it would only take 20-25 Minutes, probs half that going back down as its all down hill.

Possibly the same owner/landlord?
Just taking a guess like.

You can use all those different examples tomorrow during the interview.
The bike, the walk from Springwell, the 23 or X25 (scoot over motorway and get it from Portobello Road or even Wrekenton).
A few different transport options might impress the interviewer

Anyone felt the earth move tonight?

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/update/2015-02-17/suspicious-rumblings-and-vibrations-in-co-durham/

(17 Feb 2015, 11:11 pm)Andreos1 Haven't been on the path for a while. What sort of nick is it in these days?

Pretty good actually. The "Thunder Thursday" and subsequent washout of a summer 2012 was more or less destroyed the path. Trenches appeared all the way along, closing that particular part, and the part that runs adjacent along Springwell Road leading down to the Heworth Golf Club. It took a while for the council to complete the repairs but it was open again in the Autumn time if I remember correctly.

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 17 Feb 2015

(17 Feb 2015, 11:17 pm)Andreos1 Anyone felt the earth move tonight?

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/update/2015-02-17/suspicious-rumblings-and-vibrations-in-co-durham/
Wasn't you and Mrs A in the throes of passion was it?

Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 18 Feb 2015

Absolutely shocking this

Racist Chelsea Fans throwing a black man off a Paris Metro train and chanting 'We're Racist, We're Racist and thats the way we like it'

Absolutely disgusting, and the authorities should come down on anyone identified like a ton of bricks...There is no place in football for scum like that

RE: Anything and Everything - mb134 - 18 Feb 2015

Totally agree with you there, Chelsea need to do something as a club as well. 

Lifetime ban from all matches should do just fine....