North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 12 Mar 2015

[Image: 16795444332_8ab5a2d94d.jpg]V986ETN and JPT906T by C522LJR, on Flickr

Wonder if Marcus would still take the B10 out of the two... Tongue

Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 12 Mar 2015

(12 Mar 2015, 8:49 pm)aureolin [Image: 16795444332_8ab5a2d94d.jpg]V986ETN and JPT906T by C522LJR, on Flickr

Wonder if Marcus would still take the B10 out of the two... Tongue

I think we all know the answer to that one...Wink

(12 Mar 2015, 8:53 pm)MarcTheA4 I think we all know the answer to that one...Wink

ffs man Sad B10s are great buses, but the VR would beast it any day of the week.

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 12 Mar 2015

The B10 has no character. It's generic-looking like most other buses on the roads today. The VR has something about it that the B10 will never have.

(12 Mar 2015, 8:55 pm)aureolin ffs man Sad B10s are great buses, but the VR would beast it any day of the week.

Never rode one sadly. A few preserved vehicles I'd pay good money to ride are;

• A Bristol VR - I hear they're quite good vehicles. What were they used on out of interest?
• A Leyland National - 4710's next preserved run would be a great chance.
• A Leyland Atlantean - Heard mixed reviews of them, but I'd like to have a ride for myself.

(12 Mar 2015, 9:00 pm)MurdnunoC The B10 has no character. It's generic-looking like most other buses on the roads today. The VR has something about it that the B10 will never have.

Brilliant buses, in many ways I can't fault them. But there are one or two dodgy ones. Namely that one that couldn't reverse (4920?) and 4850 which was always breaking down. Dead now of course. Wink

(12 Mar 2015, 9:00 pm)MurdnunoC The B10 has no character. It's generic-looking like most other buses on the roads today. The VR has something about it that the B10 will never have.

All being well, the 500 Group have said on their Facebook that their Northern Counties bodied Bristol VRT (RDC106R) will make an appearance at their annual running day.

You should get yourself along Smile 26th April I think?

(12 Mar 2015, 9:01 pm)MarcTheA4 Never rode one sadly. A few preserved vehicles I'd pay good money to ride are;

• A Bristol VR - I hear they're quite good vehicles. What were they used on out of interest?
• A Leyland National - 4710's next preserved run would be a great chance.
• A Leyland Atlantean - Heard mixed reviews of them, but I'd like to have a ride for myself.

I used to go to Chester Market quite often in the late 90s (usually on Saturdays) and I can remember them being on the 739/740.

In my neck of the woods, they usually appeared on United/Northumbria services such as the 602, 604 and sometimes the 606. I don't recall Winlaton (or High Spen) ever having any VR's but they were present in most other Northern depots. 

Thing that puts me off going to these preservation runs is the fact that it seems to be mainly older enthusiasts who commandeer the back. I would feel quite uncomfortable.

But, that said, I would walk the Sahara Desert for a ride on one of the old legends.

(12 Mar 2015, 9:15 pm)MarcTheA4 Thing that puts me off going to these preservation runs is the fact that it seems to be mainly older enthusiasts who commandeer the back. I would feel quite uncomfortable.

But, that said, I would walk the Sahara Desert for a ride on one of the old legends.

Sit somewhere else then. I believe other seats are available  Wink

But in all seriousness, everybody's there for the same reason so there's no need to feel uncomfortable. It's not like people are trying to relive their school days on the buses, sitting up-stairs and smoking at the back.  

RE: Anything and Everything - Kuyoyo - 12 Mar 2015

(12 Mar 2015, 9:06 pm)aureolin All being well, the 500 Group have said on their Facebook that their Northern Counties bodied Bristol VRT (RDC106R) will make an appearance at their annual running day.

You should get yourself along Smile 26th April I think?

It's taxed and tested - a few niggles to sort and it'll be ready...........

RE: Anything and Everything - LeeCalder - 12 Mar 2015

(12 Mar 2015, 9:21 pm)MurdnunoC Sit somewhere else then. I believe other seats are available  Wink

But in all seriousness, everybody's there for the same reason so there's no need to feel uncomfortable. It's not like people are trying to relive their school days on the buses, sitting up-stairs and smoking at the back.

This bit made me laugh haha

(12 Mar 2015, 9:15 pm)MarcTheA4 Thing that puts me off going to these preservation runs is the fact that it seems to be mainly older enthusiasts who commandeer the back. I would feel quite uncomfortable.

I'll be heading down for it. Not really spoken to anyone else yet, but you're more than welcome to come down with me and whoever else?

I didn't know anyone when I went down the Tees open day at Stagecoach last year, but ended up getting on the same X10 as Malarkey. Dan ended up getting on at Peterlee too, so there was a few of us at least! Tongue

But as Adam said - everyone is there for the same reason. I think it's just natural that people head to the back, as you feel the full force of the engine roar! Smile

(12 Mar 2015, 9:50 pm)aureolin I'll be heading down for it. Not really spoken to anyone else yet, but you're more than welcome to come down with me and whoever else?

I didn't know anyone when I went down the Tees open day at Stagecoach last year, but ended up getting on the same X10 as Malarkey. Dan ended up getting on at Peterlee too, so there was a few of us at least! Tongue

But as Adam said - everyone is there for the same reason. I think it's just natural that people head to the back, as you feel the full force of the engine roar! Smile

Might take you up on that. Any idea where it departs from and at what times? Smile Just be easier to know in advance...it's Monday and back to school the day after haha.

(12 Mar 2015, 9:56 pm)MarcTheA4 Might take you up on that. Any idea where it departs from and at what times? Smile Just be easier to know in advance...it's Monday and back to school the day after haha.

It's on a Sunday. So would be a case of getting an early X10 from Gateshead or Heworth and working it out from then.

(12 Mar 2015, 10:08 pm)aureolin It's on a Sunday. So would be a case of getting an early X10 from Gateshead or Heworth and working it out from then.

So, I take it departs from Middlesbrough? Rarely head down that way, so a bit of company and guidance would be greatly appreciated. Smile

I'm not a morning person, would you happen to know what time the event is? I'm not the type for getting up at seven and getting back at seven haha. Big Grin

If I go I'll be taking the car. I'd be willing to either pick-up or drop-off people providing it's on route.

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 12 Mar 2015

(12 Mar 2015, 10:10 pm)MurdnunoC If I go I'll be taking the car. I'd be willing to either pick-up or drop-off people providing it's on route.
Migbt take you up on that squire...

Be nice to have a bit more craic than our meeting at the Metro last year Smile

RE: Anything and Everything - Simmy - 12 Mar 2015

(12 Mar 2015, 10:14 pm)MrFozz Migbt take you up on that squire...

Might pop along. Never been to an enthusiast event as such but would be good to meet some of the NEB lads and others Smile.

(12 Mar 2015, 10:14 pm)MrFozz Migbt take you up on that squire...

I guess I could drive through Murton.

No sticking your arse out the window mind.