North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 25 Mar 2015

(25 Mar 2015, 5:19 pm)MarcTheA4 But you've had the name for longer, and seeing as he obviously prefers to do nets, why he can't make his name ''Jimmi's Bus Nets'' is beyond me.

Well he has Jimmi his name on the profile description so he may have had that longer than me as his account was set up in May and mine was in September.

However I have Jimmi as part of my profile name so it would probably confuse my followers if it was to disappear.

It would be like Tom on here asking Flickr user tomstransportphotos to change his Flickr profile name because they have the same name.

Him calling himself Jimmi's Bus Nets would be even more confusing as it would look like I'd set up a second account.

RE: Anything and Everything - omnicity4659 - 25 Mar 2015

(25 Mar 2015, 5:29 pm)Jimmi Well he has Jimmi his name on the profile description so he may have had that longer than me as his account was set up in May and mine was in September.

However I have Jimmi as part of my profile name so it would probably confuse my followers if it was to disappear.

It would be like Tom on here asking Flickr user tomstransportphotos to change his Flickr profile name because they have the same name.

Him calling himself Jimmi's Bus Nets would be even more confusing as it would look like I'd set up a second account.

Hi Jimmi,

As I am the FIRST Jimmi on Flickr who has bus photos, I'd like you to change your username, as I'd like to use "Jimmi's Bus Photos".

This matter is non negotiable, if you do not change your username, I will tell my mam and dad. My dad is a policeman and he'll arrest you for harassment. And my mam works in prison.

All the best,
Mr Jimmi Adelante

[THIS IS A JOKE AGAINST "Mr Adelante" OF FLICKR]

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 25 Mar 2015

Tell him that the second word is 'off'.

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 26 Mar 2015

I can't help but think this whole 'Jimmi Flickrgate' thing has been blown way out of proportion.

Some child has requested that Jimmi should change his Flickr account name. Jimmi is under no obligation to do so irrespective of the amount of time he's been on Flickr, or the amount of effort each has put into their profiles. As both accounts are currently active and seemingly have different areas of interest it's unlikely, in my view, that one is going to be confused with the other - has anyone done so before this request? There is no need for disclaimers or drafted personal statements, if Jimmi's shots are indeed superior and appeal to a wider audience then surely other users will continue to view his profile - just as they are now! Have some faith in your work!

A simple 'no' to the child's request will suffice or, if you feel a stronger response is appropriate, go with Aureolin's suggestion.

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 26 Mar 2015

(26 Mar 2015, 10:46 am)MurdnunoC I can't help but think this whole 'Jimmi Flickrgate' thing has been blown way out of proportion.

Some child has requested that Jimmi should change his Flickr account name. Jimmi is under no obligation to do so irrespective of the amount of time he's been on Flickr, or the amount of effort each has put into their profiles. As both accounts are currently active and seemingly have different areas of interest it's unlikely, in my view, that one is going to be confused with the other - has anyone done so before this request? There is no need for disclaimers or drafted personal statements, if Jimmi's shots are indeed superior and appeal to a wider audience then surely other users will continue to view his profile - just as they are now! Have some faith in your work!

A simple 'no' to the child's request will suffice or, if you feel a stronger response is appropriate, go with Aureolin's suggestion.

I am not bothering replying to his requests to change my name anymore as from what I am aware I am under no obligation do to so.

The simple fact is other people have the same name as you, I have just gone onto the find friends section and there is hundreds of people with the name Jimmi including another Jimmi who also creates nets (although his last upload was two years ago - although this could be him to as this one also lists the hometown as Portsmouth) if this isn't him is he also going to ask him and all these other Jimmi's to change their names for fear it may cause confusion. I like to think it is like Twitter with the @names, correct me if I'm wrong but you can't have the same @name as someone else.

I don't see how exactly people would get content mixed up as he lives in Portsmouth whilst most of my content comes from the North East and his Photostream is mostly nets whilst mine is actual bus photos in a different part of the country, the worry is coming from the fact the nets requires that they place there name on there and he is just placing Jimmi as his name which is where the fear is coming from as there has been complaints regarding the copyright of the content on his Photostream so there is the slight worry that people could think I am involved.

I have just edited my profile information to say "I only post my own content on Flickr on this Photostream, so if you see any content elsewhere on Flickr with the name Jimmi it is unlikely to be my content"

If he got really wound up about me not changing my profile name I would change it... to Jimmi's Bus Photographs (in fairness he didn't say what aspect of my profile name he wanted me to change).

RE: Anything and Everything - omnicity4659 - 26 Mar 2015

(26 Mar 2015, 11:33 am)Jimmi I am not bothering replying to his requests to change my name anymore as from what I am aware I am under no obligation do to so.

The simple fact is other people have the same name as you, I have just gone onto the find friends section and there is hundreds of people with the name Jimmi including another Jimmi who also creates nets (although his last upload was two years ago - although this could be him to as this one also lists the hometown as Portsmouth) if this isn't him is he also going to ask him and all these other Jimmi's to change their names for fear it may cause confusion. I like to think it is like Twitter with the @names,  correct me if I'm wrong but you can't have the same @name as someone else.

I don't see how exactly people would get content mixed up as he lives in Portsmouth whilst most of my content comes from the North East and his Photostream is mostly nets whilst mine is actual bus photos in a different part of the country, the worry is coming from the fact the nets requires that they place there name on there and he is just placing Jimmi as his name which is where the fear is coming from as there has been complaints regarding the copyright of the content on his Photostream so there is the slight worry that people could think I am involved.

I have just edited my profile information to say "I only post my own content on Flickr on this Photostream, so if you see any content elsewhere on Flickr with the name Jimmi it is unlikely to be my content"

If he got really wound up about me not changing my profile name I would change it... to Jimmi's Bus Photographs (in fairness he didn't say what aspect of my profile name he wanted me to change).

I find it odd that (other) Jimmi has photos dated January 2006 of a bus that has a 57-reg.

I also note the colossal copyright infringement on his photostream, it probably won't be long until my "Northern Greyhound" nets appear on there under a new guise.

I would just leave your name as it is and let him cry about it - also does it work like WordPress? If you change your name, someone can't gain the old name?

(26 Mar 2015, 12:52 pm)Tommy_1581 I find it odd that (other) Jimmi has photos dated January 2006 of a bus that has a 57-reg.

I also note the colossal copyright infringement on his photostream, it probably won't be long until my "Northern Greyhound" nets appear on there under a new guise.

I would just leave your name as it is and let him cry about it - also does it work like WordPress? If you change your name, someone can't gain the old name?

There is also a 62 reg Enviro dated as April 23rd 2006. This will just be because of what the date and time says on the camera which he probably didn't change from EXIF data - on my photos from October onwards all my photos have the time as an hour earlier than it should be as I never thought to change the time when the clocks went back.

Not sure how profile names work.

Right I think we've said all there really is to say on the whole "Jimmi" thing now so lets move on...

I know this is old news now but...

Lil' Chris dead: TV personality Chris Hardman famous for Rock School passes away aged 24.
http://t.co/TQmrsbGcu7

Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 28 Mar 2015

Help me raise some money for the families of British victims of the Alps Plane Crash last week

http://www.gofundme.com/l7bfrw

RE: Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 28 Mar 2015

(28 Mar 2015, 9:37 pm)MrFozz Help me raise some money for the families of British victims of the Alps Plane  Crash last week

http://www.gofundme.com/l7bfrw

I've tweeted about it! Smile

RE: Anything and Everything - S813 FVK - 28 Mar 2015

(28 Mar 2015, 9:43 pm)MarcTheA4 I've tweeted about it! Smile

I hate you now. I have just seen what your new profile picture is of... Tongue 

Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 28 Mar 2015

(28 Mar 2015, 9:46 pm)Robert I hate you now. I have just seen what your new profile picture is of... Tongue 

Hehehehehe!! Tongue

Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 29 Mar 2015

Seeing as Tuesday is the anniversary of his death, and as I bang on about him so much, I may as well share with you all an image of my grandad: 

Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 30 Mar 2015

Feeling in the mood for a Full English Breakfast tomorrow...

Anyone know of any good places within a stone's throw of Durham Bus Station? Smile

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 30 Mar 2015

(30 Mar 2015, 9:10 pm)MarcTheA4 Feeling in the mood for a Full English Breakfast tomorrow...

Anyone know of any good places within a stone's throw of Durham Bus Station? Smile

Spoons, but you might as well go to the Wicket Gate one instead.

Aside from that, there's nowt decent really. 

Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 30 Mar 2015

(30 Mar 2015, 9:12 pm)aureolin Spoons, but you might as well go to the Wicket Gate one instead.

Thanks. Think I might just play it safe by getting something from Pickwick's in Chester-le-Street. No idea what time they finish breakfast, mind.

Wasn't planning on a long time in Durham, just as long as I've got some photos by the time I come back, I'll be satisfied! Wink

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 30 Mar 2015

(30 Mar 2015, 9:15 pm)MarcTheA4 Thanks. Think I might just play it safe by getting something from Pickwick's in Chester-le-Street. No idea what time they finish breakfast, mind.

Wasn't planning on a long time in Durham, just as long as I've got some photos by the time I come back, I'll be satisfied! Wink

There must be some dirt-cheap greasy-spoon somewhere within the vicinity of North Road in which you can play the culinary equivalent of Russian Roulette. If not - there should be!

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 30 Mar 2015

(30 Mar 2015, 9:12 pm)aureolin Spoons, but you might as well go to the Wicket Gate one instead.

There is nothing of anything in Durham, waste of time going there in my opinion.

To me Durham is just a place where a change of bus is required these days.

Most of Durham City Centre seems to be coffee shops.

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 30 Mar 2015

(30 Mar 2015, 9:18 pm)MurdnunoC There must be some dirt-cheap greasy-spoon somewhere within the vicinity of North Road in which you can play the culinary equivalent of Russian Roulette. If not - there should be!

There's nothing like that in the City. Sad

Best you can do for breakfast is literally the Spoons. 

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 30 Mar 2015

(30 Mar 2015, 9:20 pm)aureolin There's nothing like that in the City. Sad

Best you can do for breakfast is literally the Spoons. 

Is there not a cafe located within the bus station?

I seem to recall there was at some point. I could be getting mixed up with Middlesbrough though.