North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 08 May 2015

Aycliffe's Greggs named best in country!
http://www.aycliffetoday.co.uk/aycliffes-greggs-named-best-in-uk/17604

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 08 May 2015

Out of interest I love playing railworks...is there any bus simulations out there for p.c.???

RE: Anything and Everything - Davie - 08 May 2015

(08 May 2015, 10:45 pm)MrFozz Out of interest I love playing railworks...is there any bus simulations out there for p.c.???

Is this what you're looking for mate? http://www.game.co.uk/en/bus-simulator-2-198852

Edit: http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/AjaxCatalogSearch?storeId=10151&catalogId=10201&langId=44&pageSize=&beginIndex=0&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&pageView=image&predictiveSearchURL=&searchTerm=bus+simulator&searchBtn=z here are some more.

I hope this helps

RE: Anything and Everything - DanPicken - 09 May 2015

(08 May 2015, 10:45 pm)MrFozz Out of interest I love playing railworks...is there any bus simulations out there for p.c.???
OMSI 1/2 if you want a good steering wheel get the Logitec G27 £219.99 at Curry's.

RE: Anything and Everything - northern156 - 09 May 2015

OMSI 2, by far the best. Better than the 'games' that can be found littered everywhere (some that Davie posted).

Much better with a G27, I got one refurbished a couple of Christmases ago, something like £180.

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 09 May 2015

Thanks guys will have a look about...

Happy with Train Sim 2015 and Football Manager 15 for now Big Grin

Anything and Everything - Adrian - 11 May 2015

Bus company ditches topless "ride me" adverts http://t.co/ymoSBsgO5V http://t.co/A65t9xsCH3

RE: Anything and Everything - Malarkey - 11 May 2015

(11 May 2015, 1:22 pm)aureolin Bus company ditches topless "ride me" adverts http://t.co/ymoSBsgO5V http://t.co/A65t9xsCH3

That is Hilarious on N.A.T part, some people these days need to find a sense of humour. 

Elsewhere I have secured yet another Job working in Bar/Hospitality, this time working events over the summer at Durham Cricket Ground, on top of doing similar for the Rugby World Cup and other events in the Newcastle area.

RE: Anything and Everything - Davie - 11 May 2015

(11 May 2015, 1:40 pm)Malarkey Elsewhere I have secured yet another Job working in Bar/Hospitality, this time working events over the summer at Durham Cricket Ground, on top of doing similar for the Rugby World Cup and other events in the Newcastle area.

Congratulations, I hope you enjoy it

Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 11 May 2015

I am considering taking a break from the photography side of the hobby following some of the things that has happened to me in the last few days.

In the last few days I have had randoms coming up to me asking too much as to why I am taking photos, also had randoms come up to me to take the mick out of me and for my hobby then of course I have been labeled as a vigilante and being threatened with legal action.

Went to Darlington to take some photos this afternoon and I just didn't enjoy it as besides the fact it's Darlington Town Centre once again I have had people taking the mick so this mixed with what has happened in the last few days has just totally put me off photography right now.

I hope that even though I have made this post I will be able to bring myself to go out and get some more photos sometime this week although if not I may resume next Monday for photos around Darlington to catch some of the service changes effective from Sunday. Not sure whether to do Sunday as there won't be that much to get photos of that I know of other than the 11 becoming the 2 and 14 becoming the 3.

I will still be viewing my Flickr and as ever I will still be here on NEB.

RE: Anything and Everything - Malarkey - 11 May 2015

(11 May 2015, 2:52 pm)Jimmi I am considering taking a break from the photography side of the hobby following some of the things that has happened to me in the last few days.

In the last few days I have had randoms coming up to me asking too much as to why I am taking photos, also had randoms come up to me to take the mick out of me and for my hobby then of course I have been labeled as a vigilante and being threatened with legal action.

Went to Darlington to take some photos this afternoon and I just didn't enjoy it as besides the fact it's Darlington Town Centre once again I have had people taking the mick so this mixed with what has happened in the last few days has just totally put me off photography right now.

I hope that even though I have made this post I will be able to bring myself to go out and get some more photos sometime this week although if not I may resume next Monday for photos around Darlington to catch some of the service changes effective from Sunday. Not sure whether to do Sunday as there won't be that much to get photos of that I know of other than the 11 becoming the 2 and 14 becoming the 3.

The Vigilante comment was aimed at all of us as "Bus Spotters", not just you Jimmi and would personally not take any offence to it as that Woman is clearly clueless when it come to Photography and the Laws that go with it, and as for the Legal Action that was aimed directly at me as it was my Photo she was in, not to worry as I said in the PM I sent you, the issue is now being dealt with.

Perhaps taking a little break isnt such a bad idea, having a bit chill out and focusing on other things might be just what you need, and perhaps avoiding Darlington Town Centre if you dont feel comfortable with taking photos there, plenty of other spots you can go to in your local area though from what I have from looking at your photostream.

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 11 May 2015

(11 May 2015, 3:05 pm)Malarkey The Vigilante comment was aimed at all of us as "Bus Spotters", not just you Jimmi and would personally not take any offence to it as that Woman is clearly clueless when it come to Photography and the Laws that go with it, and as for the Legal Action that was aimed directly at me as it was my Photo she was in, not to worry as I said in the PM I sent you, the issue is now being dealt with.

Perhaps taking a little break isnt such a bad idea, having a bit chill out and focusing on other things might be just what you need, and perhaps avoiding Darlington Town Centre if you dont feel comfortable with taking photos there, plenty of other spots you can go to in your local area though from what I have from looking at your photostream.

I know that and I am not worried about that at all.

I feel like taking a break as I have been out loads getting photos recently as well. I feel a little break from photography may possibly be a good thing so I can relax a bit and possibly focus on doing some other things including other interests, may even still ride buses but just not take any photos infact I did this a few months back and just rode some of Darlington's old MPD's and ex Classic Solos on the Darlington Town Services. Will be having a night out on Saturday night at a gig so that will be something different as I don't have that many nights out especially during the summer as there is less gigs as bands do festivals in the summer although I am heading to Blackpool next month to see Blur and I may take the Nikon with me to get some photos of Blackpool Transport's new Mercedes Citaro's which are due to enter service in the next few weeks, if I don't take any photos then you won't have much longer for me to return there as I am supposed to be going down again about a fortnight later where I plan to ride the buses around Blackpool and I am especially interested in riding the MPD's Catch22Bus have and also Blackpool Transport's new Mercedes Citaro's and will also be getting photos along the way so that will be something different for you to look forward to.

I am also going to try and plan some more outings for the summer, I'd like to do a trip upto Berwick on the X15 and see some of the stuff up there. Would also like to sample Dalesbus but I am struggling to think of a good plan for that one as I'd like to get photos of the other operators offerings on Dalesbus and not just Arriva North East.

For Darlington next week I plan to get a few photos around Darlington for example I plan to get some photos of the 3 in Mowden.

Just a short break to clear my head of some of the negatives surrounding the hobby.

RE: Anything and Everything - Tom - 11 May 2015

(11 May 2015, 2:52 pm)Jimmi I am considering taking a break from the photography side of the hobby following some of the things that has happened to me in the last few days.

I hope that even though I have made this post I will be able to bring myself to go out and get some more photos sometime this week although if not I may resume[Image: arrow-10x10.png] next Monday for photos around Darlington to catch some of the service changes effective from Sunday. Not sure whether to do Sunday as there won't be that much to get photos of that I know of other than the 11 becoming the 2 and 14 becoming the 3.

I'm the same Jimmi, I haven't had any motivation at all to take photographs. It's pointless doing something you don't enjoy! When the time is right I will probably start taking photos against.

But I still love riding buses, that's mainly what I've been doing recently. 

(11 May 2015, 3:39 pm)Tom I'm the same Jimmi, I haven't had any motivation at all to take photographs. It's pointless doing something you don't enjoy! When the time is right I will probably start taking photos against.

But I still love riding buses, that's mainly what I've been doing recently. 

Yeah I do like just riding buses, my outing on Saturday was a good one as I didn't take much in the way of photos so it seemed like the purpose of the trip was to ride buses rather than a photo taking day.

Hopefully will be able to do more variety and ride buses without having to track down certain buses and services so once the new Red Kite's and the 22/24 is launched as Sapphire I will be free to do more different routes and buses.

(11 May 2015, 3:52 pm)Jimmi Yeah I do like just riding buses, my outing on Saturday was a good one as I didn't take much in the way of photos so it seemed like the purpose of the trip was to ride buses rather than a photo taking day.

Hopefully will be able to do more variety and ride buses without having to track down certain buses and services so once the new Red Kite's and the 22/24 is launched as Sapphire I will be free to do more different routes and buses.

Yeah you can fit more in too rather than planning your day around buses, and often get the more scenic routes which I like!

For example the 74 from Hexham to Newcastle or 44 from Morpeth to Newcastle which I've done recently! 

(11 May 2015, 3:56 pm)Tom Yeah you can fit more in too rather than planning your day around buses, and often get the more scenic routes which I like!

For example the 74 from Hexham to Newcastle or 44 from Morpeth to Newcastle which I've done recently! 

May head upto Consett on Wednesday for the free pizza... I mean Red Kite launch. Hopefully I will get something on the 15/15A that can do more than 15mph this time

Don't think I'll be able to do Friday's launch in Newcastle though.

Once all the new stuff is in service and I've got photos I will be able to ride any route without being heavily focused on photo taking.

(11 May 2015, 4:04 pm)Jimmi May head upto Consett on Wednesday for the free pizza... I mean Red Kite launch. Hopefully I will get something on the 15/15A that can do more than 15mph this time

Don't think I'll be able to do Friday's launch in Newcastle though.

Once all the new stuff is in service and I've got photos I will be able to ride any route without being heavily focused on photo taking.

Yeah shame I'm at school Sad

Yeah if you're not motivated to take photos don't bother as it seems a chore and you won't enjoy it.

RE: Anything and Everything - Simmy - 11 May 2015

The music video for Clean Bandit's recently released song 'Stronger' features a Go-Ahead London driver and one of their depots - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c_n0A3BFVE&list=PLKDbJAfbkojoqz0S3z7lcq6gf3z7AKb0p. Quirky song but some good effects Smile.

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 12 May 2015

Nepal has had another earthquake, this one was 7.4.

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 12 May 2015

Feeling strange at the moment, took a photo of 4930 in this afternoon in Bishop Auckland and I just didn't really feel any joy like I normally do when I am taking photos.

I am trying to decide whether to head up to Consett or not for the Red Kite fun day tomorrow as right now I am just not feeling like I actually want to.

Just not feeling myself at the moment so I hope get back to feeling my normal self again soon.