North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

RE: Anything and Everything - DanPicken - 23 Aug 2015

(23 Aug 2015, 4:03 pm)mb134 Just seen a "Nissan Pulsar" advert, what's next, a range of Nissan "StreetJuke" 4x4's?

The Nissan Pulsar ideal for the 23.[Image: Nissan_Pulsar_C13_rl.jpg]

RE: Anything and Everything - omnicity4659 - 23 Aug 2015

(23 Aug 2015, 5:41 pm)danpick The Nissan Pulsar ideal for the 23.[Image: Nissan_Pulsar_C13_rl.jpg]

It would look great in Eco Green...  Big Grin

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 23 Aug 2015

(23 Aug 2015, 5:41 pm)danpick The Nissan Pulsar ideal for the 23.

... Says Gateshead Central Taxis

RE: Anything and Everything - DanPicken - 23 Aug 2015

(23 Aug 2015, 5:44 pm)GX03 SVC It would look great in Eco Green...  Big Grin

(23 Aug 2015, 5:44 pm)Jimmi ... Says Gateshead Central Taxis

No different to what GCT use now.

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 23 Aug 2015

(23 Aug 2015, 5:38 pm)MurdnunoC If I had to epitomise 'culture' in the North-East, I'd show them the following video.

Sadly, I was there watching all this transpire although I'm not sure it was on this particular night.

Even more regrettably, I was amusingly entertained by it!

I don't know what's worse. The wind hitting the camera, the horrific MCs, or the two idiots dancing around? Amusing to watch all the same!

Best I've seen from Dave the Rave is where he tried to do the 'worm' in a club. This was years ago, and certainly in his leaner days! He was on the deck for about 10-15 seconds, and came back up completely black from the carpet.  Big Grin

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 23 Aug 2015

(23 Aug 2015, 5:49 pm)aureolin I don't know what's worse. The wind hitting the camera, the horrific MCs, or the two idiots dancing around? Amusing to watch all the same!

Best I've seen from Dave the Rave is where he tried to do the 'worm' in a club. This was years ago, and certainly in his leaner days! He was on the deck for about 10-15 seconds, and came back up completely black from the carpet.  Big Grin

I can forgive the bad camera work, after all, it's just some guy who's captured all this on his mobile. I tried to do the same last year with more or less the same result, however, I didn't post it to YouTube.

I don't think Ebeneezer has been particularly Goode to anyone involved here. But a decent display of 'Scotchyness' never fails to amuse me or my mates.

RE: Anything and Everything - citaro5284 - 23 Aug 2015

Well...a first glimpse, I thought the guy in red was Adam M...haha Tongue

RE: Anything and Everything - Adam - 25 Aug 2015

It's filming day for that uni Freshers film I agreed to participate in. The filming goes on for 12 hours in various locations across Newcastle. I've already had to trek over to Coach Lane campus for it starting at 10:15. I still have no idea what to expect.

Worth noting as well that the uni shuttle bus has been re-registered back to its original registration of SK07 HMO. I'm lead to believe that the uni have teamed up with Stagecoach to offer free travel between Newcastle City Centre and Coach Lane campus on their service 1, and consequently the uni bus will be sold.

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 25 Aug 2015

Glad the "on-hold" music for student finance is decent.... being in a que for 8 minutes............

Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 27 Aug 2015

Random question but... Where do you keep tomato ketchup? I keep mine in the cupboard but my brother keeps it in the fridge.

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 27 Aug 2015

(27 Aug 2015, 8:19 pm)Jimmi Random question but... Where do you keep tomato ketchup? I keep mine in the cupboard but my brother keeps it in the fridge.

Cupboard. I don't like cold tomato ketchup or brown sauce, but owt like BBQ sauce or Mayo, then it goes straight in the fridge.

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 31 Aug 2015

The source of my bloody nightmares as a kid had died today

Wes Craven Obituary

Freddy Krueger haunted me for years, but I still loved the movie though

RIP

RE: Anything and Everything - BusLoverMum - 31 Aug 2015

(27 Aug 2015, 8:19 pm)Jimmi Random question but... Where do you keep tomato ketchup? I keep mine in the cupboard but my brother keeps it in the fridge.

Late replying. Fridge. It's not longer full of preservatives (it was, before you were born, and would probably have survived a nuclear attack) but I find that if it's not kept chilled, it develops a weird smell. I don't even like it served at room temperature but fresh (eg from a sachet)

I have some weird sensory stuff with food, mind. I cannot eat baked beans with mashed potato because they smell weird together. And I recently discovered that my dislike for the taste of peas only occurred when I had ketchup on my plate, so I now eat fish and chips with mayo. That doesn't stop me from getting halfway through a portion of peas and realising that they feel too round in my mouth, mind Sleepy Rolleyes Sleepy Dodgy :s Undecided Huh Angry Exclamation  (me eating peas)

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 02 Sep 2015

Icelanders call on government to take in more Syrian refugees

Neither a right-wing nor left-wing thing but one based upon how migration can actually offer mutual benefits to society.

Discuss!

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 02 Sep 2015

(02 Sep 2015, 8:10 am)MurdnunoC Icelanders call on government to take in more Syrian refugees

Neither a right-wing nor left-wing thing but one based upon how migration can actually offer mutual benefits to society.

Discuss!
Is Iceland in the EU?

(02 Sep 2015, 8:23 am)MrFozz Is Iceland in the EU?

Nope. They were in negotiations to become a member state but discussions were put on hold at the behest of their government.

(02 Sep 2015, 8:34 am)MurdnunoC Nope.
Just out of interest, is the EU actually obligated to take in migrants, is there any kind of policy that says the EU MUST take a certain # of migrants.

The whole thing what gets me, I dont mind multi-cultured society in this country, it is the way they go about trying to get here vandalism and criminal damage at Calais, the problems Lorry Drivers have is wrong as well...

I am sure if I was caught vandalising property here or some frenchman was caught we would be dealt with by our justice system and punished for it, but Migrants get left to fight another day...If that opinion is out of touch or out of order then I am sorry...Just seems to me these people should show more respect, I get that they want to leave a shitty life behind that is marred by war or political persecution, breaking the law is not the right way in my opinion

Why should countries be 'obliged' to quotas and such? Shouldn't we have a moral obligation to help victims ravaged by famine, disaster, persecution or war through no fault of their own or should we simply adopt a Social Darwinian approach akin to the saying 'Pull the ladder up Jack, I'm alright'?

Many of the freedoms we enjoy have been awarded to us by those prepared to break the law for their beliefs.

(02 Sep 2015, 8:54 am)MurdnunoC Why should countries be 'obliged' to quotas and such? Shouldn't we have a moral obligation to help victims ravaged by famine, disaster, persecution or war through no fault of their own or should we simply adopt a Social Darwinian approach akin to the saying 'Pull the ladder up Jack, I'm alright'?

Many of the freedoms we enjoy have been awarded to us by those prepared to break the law for their beliefs.
I agree, but there is only so many any country can take...

I was not suggesting countries should be obliged to take a set number, I was simply asking if there was any such rule in place from the UN or somewhere that says Countries have to take in so many.

I woukd like to think if I was in that situation, someone would help me...

It is a debate I have never had a great deal of opinion on as it always ends in arguments imo

Finally bought some Nike AirMax today. If what I heard that day in Home Bargains is true, women from Blaydon should be flocking at my feet (pun intended) anytime now!