North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 05 Oct 2013

Andy Clifford has all but thrown his toys out the pram.

Ben Campbellposted toGo North East
2 hours ago
I bought a 28 day get around to be issued to my card last month which runs out on the 7th. I've just bought another pass to use for this month but it requires 48 hours to activate. Can I use the days that are left off my last purchase since it doesn't run out until the 7th or can you only have one purchase active on your card at a time?
Like ·
Andy Clifford likes this.

Andy Clifford No answer from gne till the FB team open at 10am sunday
about an hour ago · Like

Ben Campbell Thanks Andy
about an hour ago · Like

Andy Clifford It's ok would answer not allowed to
about an hour ago · Like

RE: Anything and Everything - Dan - 05 Oct 2013

Does he realise that it's just as bad commenting like that as it is patronising customers? Idiot.

You will all be glad to hear I got a nice table seat on my train back to Newcastle. If I get bored of the one I'm at, I have a choice of about 3 others too. Quiet Coach is dead as ever! :D

RE: Anything and Everything - gtom - 05 Oct 2013

Bit off form for that Mark Ellis to comment (when he works for GNE) Sort of makes a hypocrisy of things

RE: Anything and Everything - citaro5284 - 05 Oct 2013

(05 Oct 2013, 6:19 pm)Daniel You will all be glad to hear I got a nice table seat on my train back to Newcastle Big Grin

Phew....been worried all day about this Tongue

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 05 Oct 2013

(05 Oct 2013, 5:42 pm)aureolin Andy Clifford has all but thrown his toys out the pram.

Ben Campbellposted toGo North East
2 hours ago
I bought a 28 day get around to be issued to my card last month which runs out on the 7th. I've just bought another pass to use for this month but it requires 48 hours to activate. Can I use the days that are left off my last purchase since it doesn't run out until the 7th or can you only have one purchase active on your card at a time?
Like ·
Andy Clifford likes this.

Andy Clifford No answer from gne till the FB team open at 10am sunday
about an hour ago · Like

Ben Campbell Thanks Andy
about an hour ago · Like

Andy Clifford It's ok would answer not allowed to
about an hour ago · Like

The continuation of this exchange is interesting. Andy is certainly not in favour of GNE's tough new stance on self-appointed transport gurus and is noticeably upset about this new direction. Apparently, he has written to GNE's MD to complain about the matter.

RE: Anything and Everything - citaro5284 - 05 Oct 2013

(05 Oct 2013, 8:46 pm)AdamY The continuation of this exchange is interesting. Andy is certainly not in favour of GNE's tough new stance on self-appointed transport gurus and is noticeably upset about this new direction. Apparently, he has written to GNE's MD to complain about the matter.

I read that also....what a toss pot!

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 05 Oct 2013

Went to see Darlo this afternoon and saw an interesting sign,

No Bus/Coach can park...

Of all places It was in...................................

Ossett Bus Station

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 06 Oct 2013

(05 Oct 2013, 8:52 pm)citaro5284 I read that also....what a toss pot!

Here is the rest of the exchange, just incase it gets deleted.
The word 'deluded' comes to mind.
Guess who 'liked' his post?

Michelle Parkin What do you mean you're not allowed Andy?
Like · 1 · 9 hours ago

Michelle Parkin Ben you can use it but the driver might be prompted which ticket on your card to use. You can have multiple active tickets and multiple stored tickets.
Like · 1 · 9 hours ago

Ben Campbell Thank you Michelle. Much appreciated!
Like · 2 · 8 hours ago

David Wear Buses Atkinson Michelle, GNE have requested that only they respond to complaints and queries. This was as a result of
numerous complaints and poor customer service as a result of some 'enthusiasts' such as Andy etc responding without correct customer service training and at times, perhaps not deliberately, antagonising customers. Numerous people have been warned and
then banned from posting and I applaud it. I think Mark Ellis in the post above is representative of what is wrong in the public arena, he shouldn't be discussing emails for his employers in an unofficialcapacity
Like · 7 hours ago

Andy Clifford Certain people have been asked not to help or give any advise any more michell
Like · 1 · 6 hours ago

Andy Clifford Kick in teeth the md has been emailed
Like · 1 · 6 hours ago

Michelle Parkin The poor customer service was on the most part provided by GNE themselves. The likes of Andy and Ian were filling in a void seeing as GNE aren't open when their customers want to speak to them.
Like · 3 · 6 hours ago

Andy Clifford Tell them Michelle the message I received bearing in mind they kept on saying how worthwhile my support was and even phoning them I was massively
upset even the drivers have supported our help over the last 3 years. Properly get banned now for this statement.
Like · 6 hours ago

Louise Gray I hope you don't Andy. I must admit I've always valued the help you and Ian have given. You would have probably been of help to me when I messaged them on Friday to complain the driver of the 10 using the route like a Grand Prix. Hope your complaint goes ok xx
Like · 1 · 4 hours ago

A kick in the teeth?!

Two sanctamonious tosspots, upsetting passengers and representing a multimillion pound plc are banned and it is a 'kick in the teeth'!
They need to get out more.

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 06 Oct 2013

(06 Oct 2013, 2:03 am)Andreos1 Here is the rest of the exchange, just incase it gets deleted.
The word 'deluded' comes to mind.
Guess who 'liked' his post?

A kick in the teeth?!

Two sanctamonious tosspots, upsetting passengers and representing a multimillion pound plc are banned and it is a 'kick in the teeth'!
They need to get out more.

I think young Andrew needs to get his priorities right, although I dont know how Mrs Clifford or Ma Clifford will take it that he cant post on GNE, GNE have every right to stop him posting and I would hope the MD just laugh at him...End of the day, done in the right way there is a place for people like Hignett and Clifford on the GNE page if they went about the responses the right way, there is a place for for punter interaction, things like posting service updates and problems before GNE becomes aware of it, but to try and answer customer service query the way they do is wrong and it gives GNE a bad name...

Maybe GNE should make it clear on the page that absolutely Nobody should attempt to deal with Customer Service Queries and adopt a very strict Zero Tolerance to it even it does sound rather draconian

(06 Oct 2013, 8:05 am)fozzovmurton I think young Andrew needs to get his priorities right, although I dont know how Mrs Clifford or Ma Clifford will take it that he cant post on GNE, GNE have every right to stop him posting and I would hope the MD just laugh at him...End of the day, done in the right way there is a place for people like Hignett and Clifford on the GNE page if they went about the responses the right way, there is a place for for punter interaction, things like posting service updates and problems before GNE becomes aware of it, but to try and answer customer service query the way they do is wrong and it gives GNE a bad name...

Maybe GNE should make it clear on the page that absolutely Nobody should attempt to deal with Customer Service Queries and adopt a very strict Zero Tolerance to it even it does sound rather draconian

I am the last person in the world who will slag off someone's punctuation and grammar, but if Clifford writes his email the way he writes his GNE fb posts, you're right - the MD will just laugh at him.

What right minded MD, will want their organisation represented on fb out of hours by someone who tagteams up and upsets customers, can't spell or punctuate their posts, has helped turn the page into a farce - whilst having no GNE training?

His life seemingly consists of searching for traffic problems and (judging by his comment) rings GNE towers (taking up valuable space on an inadequate telephone system).

I imagine Clifford is out of work, so voluntarily giving up his time would be of benefit to his CV.
If 'helping out on the GNE fb page' is on his CV and a prospective employer checks his posts out - they wouldn't touch Clifford with the proverbial bargepole!

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 06 Oct 2013

It may sound cynical but people should always be wary of those claiming altruistic reasons for doing things. If one does things for personal satisfaction or to feel good about themselves while helping others then the deed is, first and foremost, about ego while altruism usually falls a distant second. A brief reading of Andy's postings yesterday suggests that he lives in his own deluded world in which he thinks he is making a difference to GNE's customer services output. Although he may help others, it is now crystal clear that his primary motivation for doing this is ego and that is why he is taking his 'dismissal' rather hard.

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 06 Oct 2013

I doubt the MD will actually bother to respond to him. I wrote to him about a month before the ITA meeting on QCS, with a series of questions on the VPA proposal. It was sent recorded so I know it got there, but I'm yet to be given a reply.

RE: Anything and Everything - gtom - 06 Oct 2013

(06 Oct 2013, 10:33 am)aureolin I doubt the MD will actually bother to respond to him. I wrote to him about a month before the ITA meeting on QCS, with a series of questions on the VPA proposal. It was sent recorded so I know it got there, but I'm yet to be given a reply.

Likely. I know we were having problems with our corporate key cards on a daily basis. No joy at all from GNE so our Head Office contacted Go Ahead Group HO and within 2 hours the problem was resolved

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 06 Oct 2013

(06 Oct 2013, 11:07 am)gtomlinson Likely. I know we were having problems with our corporate key cards on a daily basis. No joy at all from GNE so our Head Office contacted Go Ahead Group HO and within 2 hours the problem was resolved

Should never have to do that. In contrast, I wrote to Peter Huntley once and within a couple of days I received a personal response, along with an offer to come in and talk to him about it.

RE: Anything and Everything - gtom - 06 Oct 2013

(06 Oct 2013, 11:08 am)aureolin Should never have to do that. In contrast, I wrote to Peter Huntley once and within a couple of days I received a personal response, along with an offer to come in and talk to him about it.

I think its the current regime, this was last year and we'd never had problems before. It got to the point where our Chief Executive on a national level got involved with Go Ahead because locally we were being ignored

An interesting one.

Ken Kennedy > Go North East 3 hours ago · Hi Go North East. I thought you didn't want people commenting on your wall any more? Myself and others received messages to that effect. Are the rules different on a Sunday because you're not in the office and seemingly don't have access to anything? I also count that you have have answered one post in almost two hours. If that's not a reason to allow others to post answers then I don't know what is. Like 2 people like this. Percy Main you tell em Ken
Like · 3 hours ago

Go North East Dear Mr Kennedy we are very busy this morning and
will look to get through the queries as quickly as possible please be aware we also respond to private messages if you would like to make a complaint please E-mail customer services on customerservices@gonortheast.co.uk
Like · 3 hours ago

Michelle Parkin Sorry wouldn't you be busier if you had to deal with someone complaining that you're busy?
Like · 3 hours ago

Leyland Olympian GNE - fair enough, but please can you also answer
the first part of Ken's post? Why is Stuart Smith for example seemingly being allowed to post replies on here before you do and when other regular posters have been asked to refrain from doing so?
Like · 3 hours ago

Percy Main itys an ope3n forum they can ask you to stop but its up 2 you weather you do
Like · 3 hours ago

Stuart Smith @Leyland - Because they haven't said a word to me on this matter. As far as I'm concerned nothing new has happened. Plus there wasn't a problem with the replies from people like myself, Andy, Ian etc. before the likes of Fyacebuk Polis come along causing friction often trying to start irrelevant arguments, which if you ask me seems to be the reason for this in the first place. (Or at least what I gather from this so far. I am not involved with GNE's requests to stop posting. I have not seen any house rules on this page either, soo...) To conclude my post, why don't they just do the same as the T&W Metro page if the objective is to remove freedom of speech anyway? Lets reference back to Ian's (and sometimes even GNE's response) if its a public forum like an open Facebook wall, it is an open invitation for anyone to comment. If you want to remove that open invitation then close it. Timeline posts for announcements only, and PM system to respond to customer queries.
Like · 2 · 2 hours ago

Leyland Olympian Stuart - thanks, very interesting indeed and all rather
inconsistent behaviour by GNE it would seem! Open forum or not?!
Like · 1 · 2 hours ago

I am curious as to Stuarts defence of Ian, Andy et al, his accusations that Fyacebuk was instigating tension (forgetting the allegations of sexual advances made on himby a rival organisations driver) or why he has yet to receive a message from GNE.

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 06 Oct 2013

Ken Kennedy > Go North East 3 hours ago · Hi Go North East. I thought you didn't want people commenting on your wall any more? Myself and others received messages to that effect. Are the rules different on a Sunday because you're not in the office and seemingly don't have access to anything? I also count that you have have answered one post in almost two hours. If that's not a reason to allow others to post answers then I don't know what is. Like 2 people like this. Percy Main you tell em Ken
Like · 3 hours ago

Go North East Dear Mr Kennedy we are very busy this morning and
will look to get through the queries as quickly as possible please be aware we also respond to private messages if you would like to make a complaint please E-mail customer services on customerservices@gonortheast.co.uk
Like · 3 hours ago

Michelle Parkin Sorry wouldn't you be busier if you had to deal with someone complaining that you're busy?
Like · 3 hours ago

Leyland Olympian GNE - fair enough, but please can you also answer
the first part of Ken's post? Why is Stuart Smith for example seemingly being allowed to post replies on here before you do and when other regular posters have been asked to refrain from doing so?
Like · 3 hours ago

Percy Main itys an ope3n forum they can ask you to stop but its up 2 you weather you do
Like · 3 hours ago

Stuart Smith @Leyland - Because they haven't said a word to me on this matter. As far as I'm concerned nothing new has happened. Plus there wasn't a problem with the replies from people like myself, Andy, Ian etc. before the likes of Fyacebuk Polis come along causing friction often trying to start irrelevant arguments, which if you ask me seems to be the reason for this in the first place. (Or at least what I gather from this so far. I am not involved with GNE's requests to stop posting. I have not seen any house rules on this page either, soo...) To conclude my post, why don't they just do the same as the T&W Metro page if the objective is to remove freedom of speech anyway? Lets reference back to Ian's (and sometimes even GNE's response) if its a public forum like an open Facebook wall, it is an open invitation for anyone to comment. If you want to remove that open invitation then close it. Timeline posts for announcements only, and PM system to respond to customer queries.
Like · 2 · 2 hours ago

Leyland Olympian Stuart - thanks, very interesting indeed and all rather
inconsistent behaviour by GNE it would seem! Open forum or not?!
Like · 1 · 2 hours ago

It is getting beyond a joke now to be honest, it is not funny anymore, who in the name of bloody hell is Stuart Smith, I think he needs to wake up from the alternate reality he is in to the rest of us

GNE FB Page was shite long before Fyacebuk came along and the only reason Fyacebuk came along is because they knew at that time, GNE would just sit back and allow themselves to be trolled...

It wasn't bad before fyacebuk and them showed makes me laugh, Hignett and Clifford have been antagonising punters for years, and Andy writing to the MD is just childish to say the least, I hope the MD uses his complaint as bog roll and flush it down the netty Wink

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 07 Oct 2013

Leyland Olympian Stuart - thanks for your help in answering all these queries when GNE are offline or too busy as happened yesterday. Hopefully you'll not also receive the "thanks for all your help but please stop posting on our wall" message from them this morning...

And that's why they should shut the page on a night when they log off

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 07 Oct 2013

Mark Ellis You can take bikes on the Lime routes (8 & 78) which run between Sunderland and Stanley/Consett
2 hours ago · Like

Ken Kennedy Mark you shouldn't be commenting out of hours. We all got a telling off for it.

Bitter or what

RE: Anything and Everything - gtom - 07 Oct 2013

It's getting a wee bit silly.

Mark may have permission to post? It does send a mixed message but it's his perogative at the end of the day