North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

RE: Anything and Everything - Adam - 04 Aug 2014

10 days until A-Level results day!!!! I'm absolutely bricking it.

Re: RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 04 Aug 2014

(04 Aug 2014, 12:55 pm)Adam 10 days until A-Level results day!!!! I'm absolutely bricking it.

Good luck, is a Uni place riding on your results? Hope you get the results u need

(04 Aug 2014, 12:57 pm)marxistafozzski Good luck, is a Uni place riding on your results? Hope you get the results u need

Thank you. I do have a uni place riding on my results. Need two As and a B to get in.

(04 Aug 2014, 1:00 pm)Adam Thank you. I do have a uni place riding on my results. Need two As and a B to get in.

Well best of luck mate...What Uni/course u want to go to and do...I will say a prayer for you mate [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 04 Aug 2014

(04 Aug 2014, 12:55 pm)Adam 10 days until A-Level results day!!!! I'm absolutely bricking it.

Good luck im sure u will get your grades.

(04 Aug 2014, 1:04 pm)marxistafozzski Well best of luck mate...What Uni/course u want to go to and do...I will say a prayer for you mate [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Thank you. I'm hoping to do Business Leadership & Corporate Management at Northumbria. The original offer was 3 As but after going to an interview/assessment day, my offer was reduced because I supposedly impressed them. No idea how like but never mind haha.

(04 Aug 2014, 1:10 pm)Michael Good luck im sure u will get your grades.

Thanks a lot Michael, really appreciate it Smile

(04 Aug 2014, 1:47 pm)Adam Thank you. I'm hoping to do Business Leadership & Corporate Management at Northumbria. The original offer was 3 As but after going to an interview/assessment day, my offer was reduced because I supposedly impressed them. No idea how like but never mind haha.

Thanks a lot Michael, really appreciate it Smile

The one thing I regret is not going to Uni in 2008, I had a pretty much unconditional offer to goto University of Ulster to do Youth and Community Work, all that was asked was that I pass an Interview/Assessment...Oh well nothing can be done about it now Sad

(04 Aug 2014, 4:08 pm)marxistafozzski The one thing I regret is not going to Uni in 2008, I had a pretty much unconditional offer to goto University of Ulster to do Youth and Community Work, all that was asked was that I pass an Interview/Assessment...Oh well nothing can be done about it now Sad

I've heard a few stories of people regretting not going to uni. It is a real shame like but that's life.

However, saying that, others have said that an apprenticeship can sometimes be better as it gives you work experience which is what employers are now looking for as you will have the skills needed and you are already used to the routine of a working environment.

Uni graduates though are used to the routine of regularly rolling out of bed 15 mins before a lecture (or so I've heard anyway Tongue ).

(04 Aug 2014, 4:55 pm)Adam I've heard a few stories of people regretting not going to uni. It is a real shame like but that's life.

However, saying that, others have said that an apprenticeship can sometimes be better as it gives you work experience which is what employers are now looking for as you will have the skills needed and you are already used to the routine of a working environment.

Uni graduates though are used to the routine of regularly rolling out of bed 15 mins before a lecture (or so I've heard anyway Tongue ).

Don't forget getting pissed a lot as well [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 04 Aug 2014

(04 Aug 2014, 5:06 pm)marxistafozzski Don't forget getting pissed a lot as well [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Oh yes. haha Tongue

RE: Anything and Everything - Adam - 05 Aug 2014

I find it hilarious how Bernie Eccleston has paid €60m to a German court (even though it is legal) to eradicate a bribery charge against him. How ironic is that?

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 05 Aug 2014

(05 Aug 2014, 5:30 pm)Adam I find it hilarious how Bernie Eccleston has paid €60m to a German court (even though it is legal) to eradicate a bribery charge against him. How ironic is that?

It's pathetic and a perfect example of a class divide. You don't have to stand trial if you've got enough money to afford not to!

RE: Anything and Everything - Adam - 05 Aug 2014

(05 Aug 2014, 5:48 pm)aureolin It's pathetic and a perfect example of a class divide. You don't have to stand trial if you've got enough money to afford not to!

hear hear

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 05 Aug 2014

Seen on the news, the body of Liam Sweeney is about to be repatriated in the coming days, while tragic and heart breaking, it has to be a relief and a huge weight lifted off his family, he can now be laid to rest, the remains of John Alder are yet to be identified, I hope and pray every victim gets there relatives remains back to lay to rest

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 06 Aug 2014

For anyone venturing out today, its really clammy!

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 06 Aug 2014

The rain... holy shit, we haven't had rain like this in ages

RE: Anything and Everything - tyresmoke - 06 Aug 2014

(06 Aug 2014, 2:23 pm)Michael The rain... holy shit, we haven't had rain like this in ages

Few rumbles of thunder in East Cleveland but not seen showers like that for a while!

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 09 Aug 2014

I was on the 7 this afternoon and I saw a lass who must have been about 13 with a baby's dummy in her mouth. Just why? Is she like that guy who acts like a baby in that documentary.

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 09 Aug 2014

(09 Aug 2014, 4:12 pm)Jimmi that guy who acts like a baby in that documentary.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JuXp2PIVkKY

RE: Anything and Everything - Malarkey - 09 Aug 2014

I was across the Road from Park Lane next to where the 60/61 Stops taking Photos of the Buses as they came out Today, And this Police Officer was walking along the Path on the opposite side of the Road, He then randomly stopped and looked at me.

And I was thinking in my Head "Awe Shit he's gunna read me the Riot act on Terrorism or something etc", He then came over and asked me Several Questions on what I like about Buses and where the Interest stemmed from before walking off, Found it quite odd to be Honest.