North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

Re: RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 14 Oct 2014

(14 Oct 2014, 9:12 pm)aureolin You'd pay 500 quid for old technology because there are 17 games? You'd be lucky to get half of that.

To be brutally honest, the buying trend will always be for the latest release. I remember the PS2 being top dollar. I'd be lucky to get 100 quid for that and the 20 or so games I have.
I would be reluctant to pay 300 notes for an XBox 360 and 17 games, I could probably go to the CeX Shop get a pre-owned console and 17 games seperately for about 200-250 notes tops

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 14 Oct 2014

Wednesday's Sun: "Fiona: BBC in Ebola panic" http://t.co/C1gnNTVsGy #tomorrowspaperstoday #BBCPapers via @suttonnick

Anyone any idea who that lass is who twerks to Mozart?
#classicalmusicatunna
#hashtagsonNEB

Re: RE: Anything and Everything - Dan - 15 Oct 2014

(14 Oct 2014, 9:40 pm)Andreos1 Anyone any idea who that lass is who twerks to Mozart?
#classicalmusicatunna
#hashtagsonNEB
http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/links/girls-boobs-dancing-classical-music-almost-unbelievable

Re: RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 15 Oct 2014

(14 Oct 2014, 9:40 pm)Andreos1 Anyone any idea who that lass is who twerks to Mozart?
#classicalmusicatunna
#hashtagsonNEB
She is fooking gorgeous, lovely boobs...

While, not as glamourous, I can do that with my man tits...May have to do a response on youtube sometime...

#notsoglammrfozz
#mantitsonyoutube
#NEBHashtags

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 15 Oct 2014

Gone cross eyed watching her twerk!

For reasons of sanity and scarring each and every member of the forums 'minds eye', you don't need to upload your video Fozz :p

Re: RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 15 Oct 2014

(15 Oct 2014, 7:52 am)Andreos1 Gone cross eyed watching her twerk!

For reasons of sanity and scarring each and every member of the forums 'minds eye', you don't need to upload your video Fozz :p

Hahaha...reckon it could be my chance to go viral...There is something I find amusing about big ugly fat fellas with there man boobs on show hahaha Big Grin

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 15 Oct 2014

(14 Oct 2014, 5:26 pm)Marcus I need your help guys,

I'm getting the PS4 for Christmas, and like most of my friends I'm planning on selling my XBOX 360. However, there is a slight hitch. My mam has found someone at work who will buy it, but because it's for the step-kids and they've had a bit of a 'hard life', she doesn't want to ask more than £100 for it. What.....the.....f***!!!!

It's got to be only about 3 years old, has loads of experienced gameplay, going with 17, yes, SEVENTEEN games. Now, how much would YOU pay for it?

I'd pay around £500.....

As others have noted, £500 (or even £350 as Tom suggests) for a console which is now outdated is a bit steep.

You can buy a brand new PS4 with game for between £300-350 and I reckon we'll see prices drop to below £300 within the next year or so.

As for games, without knowing what you have, they can be pretty worthless too. Last year, when FIFA 14 was released, I picked up a copy of FIFA 12 in GAME for just 50p! I also picked up another game (FABLE 2) for £2.00 as well as Alan Wake for £5.00: three games for less than a tenner. So if your games are old and are the subject of yearly releases (like FIFA), then they're not going to be worth much I'm afraid.

Looking on Ebay, people seem to be listing their XBOX 360's (with a comparable number of games) for between £140-£180. I'd imagine somewhere like CeX, GAME, or Grainger Games will offer you a lot less than that. 

RE: Anything and Everything - Malarkey - 15 Oct 2014

(14 Oct 2014, 5:26 pm)Marcus I need your help guys,

I'm getting the PS4 for Christmas, and like most of my friends I'm planning on selling my XBOX 360. However, there is a slight hitch. My mam has found someone at work who will buy it, but because it's for the step-kids and they've had a bit of a 'hard life', she doesn't want to ask more than £100 for it. What.....the.....f***!!!!

It's got to be only about 3 years old, has loads of experienced gameplay, going with 17, yes, SEVENTEEN games. Now, how much would YOU pay for it?

I'd pay around £500.....

Just had a look on the Game and Cex Trade in Prices Online, I'm assuming you have the 250GB Xbox 360

Game
Trade In - £50
Cash £45

CEX
Trade In - £70
Cash - £49

Then depending on what Games you have and how old they are, i'd say around £200 Mark would be the most you'd get for them and with Christmas just around the corner, i'd expect Trade In Prices to go down as a Result of Instore Sales during that time, i'd advise if you are getting a PS4 that you cash in on your Xbox 360 asap.

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 15 Oct 2014

To be honest, I think even £200 is a bit optimistic as this assumes that each of the seventeen games accumulated over a three year period will be worth around £10 each. Even with trade-in, I think he'll be pushed to get £200. However, as Adam suggests, trade-in may still offer the best price if you intend to buy games or accessories.

RE: Anything and Everything - Malarkey - 15 Oct 2014

(15 Oct 2014, 1:26 pm)AdamY To be honest, I think even £200 is a bit optimistic as this assumes that each of the seventeen games accumulated over a three year period will be worth around £10 each. Even with trade-in, I think he'll be pushed to get £200. However, as Adam suggests, trade-in may still offer the best price if you intend to buy games or accessories.

It's definitely the better option rather than selling to a Family Friend I think, Let's say he did get £200 on Trade In, there's £200 he could use towards getting a PS4 therefore this would save him Money on the Console, in turn it would allow him to spend what Money remains that he would've spent on the Console on something else for Christmas e.g. more Games for the PS4 etc.

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 15 Oct 2014

By the way Andreos, the titty twerker is called Sarah X, she is a model...I can see why, she is gorgeous...

I bet she is an unofficial reason for a lot of hard on's, whereas me, I would be responsible for a problem close to brewers droop lmao Big Grin

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 16 Oct 2014

Seems EBOLA is getting worse in Africa according to W.H.O, they've said we could see 5,000 to 10,000 new cases weekly by December.

RE: Anything and Everything - Malarkey - 16 Oct 2014

(16 Oct 2014, 2:16 pm)Michael Seems EBOLA is getting worse in Africa according to W.H.O, they've said we could see 5,000 to 10,000 new cases weekly by December.

Hopefully it doesn't come here, It may come across as being Racist and I don't intend for it to be, but cancelling all Flights from the UK to Africa might be the only way to prevent EBOLA from getting over to the UK, I also think Medical checks should occur in African Airports before allowing them to Travel also, rather than them Travelling to the UK and getting checked over to find they symptoms of EBOLA.

Re: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 16 Oct 2014

Just found this

Click the pic for the link

[Image: PAY-Lesley-Emerson.jpg]

You bury your granny, throw her phone in her coffin and continue to send her texts as a way of coping amd dealing with it...Imagine the horror when you start getting replies from from your dead gran...

Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 16 Oct 2014

Believe me if you will, but I remember being told a ghost story about my school. A few people who live near Chester will know which school I go to, and if memory serves it's either 102 or 103 years old now.

Having moved up from the lower site this year, some parts of the building feel so nostalgic, and I can't begin to imagine what they looked like 100 years ago (probably the same tbh Tongue). I mean, there was the fire in the art corridor that completed gutted Room 212 (the main art room), (from a distance, those who have seen the school may just know it as the massive window at the bottom of the red brick building).

Anyway, moving onto the ghost story. I was told by the finance officer back in the 2013/14 year that her relative was the chief cleaner (or something like that, possibly site manager?). (I'm using far too many brackets here!)

Most nights, the cleaners are at school until about 6 or 7. Well, in the main building, the main staircase was one of the first parts of the interior constructed, I was told. To some people who don't know the school at all, possibly Andreos may know what I'm talking about, it's basically in the main building, and leads up from English and takes you to Languages.

One night, the site manager was mopping the stairs at the very top of the main staircase. She was on the landing, when she heard that distinctive noise made when you walk through water. She looked at the puddle left by her mop, and realised there were footprints in it. She couldn't have made them, because she was on the opposite side of the landing. A bit disturbed, she mopped over them again, and continued, only for it to happen again. Now she was getting pretty scared - and suddenly she heard a loud crash, she later described it to the finance officer as somebody banging off a wall. She was creeped out, and got all of her stuff, put it away, and legged it. The cleaners room is right at the bottom of the main corridor, so when she was running back up, she looked through 'the link', and into the hall. She swears she saw what appeared to be the figure of a person standing wandering around in the hall.

But that was impossible, as the site manager is always the last person in the building on a night, and the cleaners all go before the site manager.....

Please bare in mind I'm only going off what I've been told, and I have no idea if it's fact or fiction Tongue. Although, considering the building's age - I can't see why it's not possible.

When she returned the next morning, she went to the library once the day had begun, and started to look into books about the schools history. She found something that made her sick to the stomach....

In short, in 1937 there was a boy who had done something bad enough to be getting chased around the school. He ran through the library, through the languages corridor. He ran down the stairs, and before he realised it, he was flying through the air, having missed a step.....and he toppled down the staircase, knocking several times off the walls in the process. I don't know what happened to him.

Well, there's a 'ghost story' for you to think about. I'm biased as to whether it's true or not, but it's an interesting tale about my schools past.

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 16 Oct 2014

Anyone seen that facebook page: abandoned places... that has some good places on.

Few pages iv'e liked on facebook for stuff like that

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 17 Oct 2014

Does anyone know where the Curry's / PC World is at Sunderland Retail Park?

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 17 Oct 2014

No idea which retail park is what, but there was one in the retail park just up from Deptford.

Haven't been that way for a good few years, so not sure.

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 17 Oct 2014

Apparently its where the big B&Q is.

Re: RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 17 Oct 2014

(17 Oct 2014, 1:05 pm)Jimmi Does anyone know where the Curry's / PC World is at Sunderland Retail Park?
Don't think there is one? There's one on Trimdon Street next to B&Q though?