North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 13 Dec 2014

Nah, I don't like mushrooms. Wink

What I will say (whilst trying not to preach), mainly for the benefit of the younger members; Is, that those examples you have mentioned, highlight the effect things like magic mushrooms, can have on you.
We all react differently after having a drink, some people get hyper off pop. Our tolerances are all different. So, whilst one person may react well after taking something, the next person may not.

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 13 Dec 2014

(13 Dec 2014, 10:13 am)Andreos1 Nah, I don't like mushrooms. Wink

What I will say (whilst trying not to preach), mainly for the benefit of the younger members; Is, that those examples you have mentioned, highlight the effect things like magic mushrooms, can have on you.
We all react differently after having a drink, some people get hyper off pop. Our tolerances are all different. So, whilst one person may react well after taking something, the next person may not.

I agree completely mate...

Seeing some of the messes I have been in and seen others in, I would advise people to stay away...

I try not to preach, I try to advise, when you start preaching to a kid, the more you try and hammer it into them the more they will rebel...

Your also right about tolerance, I have both good and bad batches...

These days I rarely even drink because of the states I get into Big Grin

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 15 Dec 2014

When OAP's argue that its 9:30am when its not...

RE: Anything and Everything - Tommy1581 - 15 Dec 2014

(15 Dec 2014, 9:27 am)Michael When OAP's argue that its 9:30am when its not...

Well the ticket will them them the time when they get charged £1.10...

RE: Anything and Everything - Adam - 15 Dec 2014

Me and my friends were at Newcastle Airport bright and early at 7:15 this morning to say an emotional farewell and wave off two of our American friends after their uni semester here in Britain came to an end Sad

The remaining American doesn't go back until January

(15 Dec 2014, 10:29 am)Adam Me and my friends were at Newcastle Airport bright and early at 7:15 this morning to say an emotional farewell and wave off two of our American friends after their uni semester here in Britain came to an end Sad

The remaining American doesn't go back until January

How did they find the North East, do they still think everyone in the UK are posh and drink tea? 

(15 Dec 2014, 10:32 am)Michael How did they find the North East, do they still think everyone in the UK are posh and drink tea? 

They've absolutely loved it here. A large part of them didn't want to go back home.

Their stereotypical opinion of Brits did change slightly. They realised not everyone is posh, and they did realise we are a nation of people who love a good brew.

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 15 Dec 2014

(15 Dec 2014, 10:32 am)Michael How did they find the North East, do they still think everyone in the UK are posh and drink tea? 

More like as rough as a skunks ringpiece and drink white lightning

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 15 Dec 2014

Another about OAP passes before 0930 I've noticed at times is you will sometimes get to a stop at about 0929 and the driver will sometimes wait until the ticket machine hits 0930 before scanning the pass.

Then at 0930 they all pile on.

(15 Dec 2014, 10:38 am)Adam They've absolutely loved it here. A large part of them didn't want to go back home.

Their stereotypical opinion of Brits did change slightly. They realised not everyone is posh, and they did realise we are a nation of people who love a good brew.

That's good, they might come back as visitors in the future!

Least they realized that were not all posh haha! 

Did they enjoy the weather?

(15 Dec 2014, 10:55 am)Michael That's good, they might come back as visitors in the future!

Least they realized that were not all posh haha! 

Did they enjoy the weather?

Ah yeah, they said they will come back, possibly in the summer. We're even considering going over there to visit them sometime.

More or less like anyone, when the weather was good they enjoyed it, but didn't when it was rotten. They did complain about how cold it's been over the last couple of weeks.

They've just touched down at Heathrow by the way if anyone's interested

(15 Dec 2014, 11:04 am)Adam Ah yeah, they said they will come back, possibly in the summer. We're even considering going over there to visit them sometime.

More or less like anyone, when the weather was good they enjoyed it, but didn't when it was rotten. They did complain about how cold it's been over the last couple of weeks.

They've just touched down at Heathrow by the way if anyone's interested

That's good! 

other news:

Anyone seen this siege in Australia?, being going on since mid-night here, scary stuff

(15 Dec 2014, 11:11 am)Michael That's good! 

other news:

Anyone seen this siege in Australia?, being going on since mid-night here, scary stuff

Aye it is scary stuff.

Something's up in Belgium as well. 4 armed men have entered an apartment and took one person hostage. I really hope it is unconnected to the Sydney seige.

(15 Dec 2014, 11:20 am)Adam Aye it is scary stuff.

Something's up in Belgium as well. 4 armed men have entered an apartment and took one person hostage. I really hope it is unconnected to the Sydney seige.

It is, seems 5 people have ran from the one in Sydney, and the dude has become agitated, hes also turned the lights off.

I hope we don't see any killings.

Belgium to, bloody hell

Re: RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 15 Dec 2014

(15 Dec 2014, 11:24 am)Michael It is, seems 5 people have ran from the one in Sydney, and the dude has become agitated, hes also turned the lights off.

I hope we don't see any killings.

Belgium to, bloody hell

They were saying on the news earlier the Police were thinking about blacking the street out Confused

What he hopes to achieve I dont know, The Police will just use Night Vision Goggles, whereas the hostage taker most likely wont have that aid

(15 Dec 2014, 11:27 am)MrFozz They were saying on the news earlier the Police were thinking about blacking the street out Confused

What he hopes to achieve I dont know, The Police will just use Night Vision Goggles, whereas the hostage taker most likely wont have that aid

The police know what he wants but aren't releasing it 

Re: RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 15 Dec 2014

(15 Dec 2014, 11:38 am)Michael The police know what he wants but aren't releasing it 
The way these things go is normally

A demand for the release of comrades who are incarcerated...

I say they should just say 'Fuck it, lets cut the power, send in the Marksmen and take the bastard'

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 15 Dec 2014

Turns out the gunman has the wrong flag!
He has asked for the correct one to be given to him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-30475110

(15 Dec 2014, 12:07 pm)Andreos1 Turns out the gunman has the wrong flag!
He has asked for the correct one to be given to him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-30475110

What a idiot.... Gonna be interesting to see how they react to hes demand, maybe an opportunity to end it?  

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 15 Dec 2014

(15 Dec 2014, 12:08 pm)Michael What a idiot.... Gonna be interesting to see how they react to hes demand, maybe an opportunity to end it?  

Makes me think they are dealing with a guy who has ISIS tendencies/thoughts/beliefs, but it isn't an 'official' attack authorised by leaders of the group.