North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

General TV thread - Dan - 12 Sep 2013

One to watch this evening (especially for those in the Sunderland area) may be Crimewatch.
The Nikki Allan murder is being brought up again - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-24056902

I know it's still heavily talked about today, despite happening so long ago. Even people of my age seem to know so much about it.

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 12 Sep 2013

(12 Sep 2013, 8:02 pm)Daniel One to watch this evening for those in the Sunderland area may be Crimewatch.
The Nikki Allan murder is being brought up again - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-24056902

Every time I visit Sunderland I feel like I'm in an episode of Crimewatch. Same goes for Middlesbrough, Blyth and Jarrow.

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 12 Sep 2013

(12 Sep 2013, 8:07 pm)AdamY Every time I visit Sunderland I feel like I'm in an episode of Crimewatch. Same goes for Middlesbrough, Blyth and Jarrow.

Cheek! Tongue

I'm not too keen on Middlesbrough at night mind. Not so bad during the day.
Jarrow in general isn't a great place in my opinion, but I've always thought Blyth was nice?

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 12 Sep 2013

(12 Sep 2013, 8:12 pm)Daniel Cheek! Tongue

I'm not too keen on Middlesbrough at night mind. Not so bad during the day.
Jarrow in general isn't a great place in my opinion, but I've always thought Blyth was nice?

Blyth? Nice? You have to be kidding.

Apparently at one time Blyth used to be a major drug-smuggling port for stuff coming in of the continent. This was in the 90s mind you so things may have changed on that front but I was there the other week and it still looked as classy as ever.

(12 Sep 2013, 8:18 pm)AdamY Blyth? Nice? You have to be kidding.

Apparently at one time Blyth used to be a major drug-smuggling port for stuff coming in of the continent. This was in the 90s mind you so things may have changed on that front but I was there the other week and it still looked as classy as ever.

Consider that I've only ever been within a 10 minute walk of the bus station... I've been smiled at whilst taking photos before which is highly unusual.

Allan murder report is on Crimewatch now.

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 12 Sep 2013

(12 Sep 2013, 8:21 pm)Daniel I've been smiled at whilst taking photos before which is highly unusual.

^ See earlier comment on drugs in Blyth Wink

On a more serious note and getting back on topic, hopefully they catch the scum who killed that little lass.
She didn't deserve to die and the murderer doesn't deserve their freedom.

It's a truly heartbreaking story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01gkmkw

For anyone who couldn't watch it on TV - see above link.

RE: General TV thread - Chris - 13 Sep 2013

Tragic

Re Blyth - It did used to be known as the heroin capital of the North East, not sure if it still is? Speaking of Blyth, anybody see 'Bouncers' the other week? Not normally the sort of thing I'd watch, but I was riveted. 'Educating Yorkshire' is another one to watch if you can.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 13 Sep 2013

Good news:

A WOMAN has come forward with information she kept from police about a murdered schoolgirl after a nationwide TV appeal.

The unsolved murder of Sunderland schoolgirl Nikki Allan was featured on BBC’s Crimewatch last night, including an eerie reconstruction of her final moments.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/crime/woman-comes-forward-with-new-evidence-in-sunderland-schoolgirl-murder-after-crimewatch-appeal-1-6045661

I hope this help's its being to long.

RE: General TV thread - BJ10VUS - 13 Sep 2013

(13 Sep 2013, 11:33 am)Chris 'Educating Yorkshire' is another one to watch if you can.

"Did you stamp on his head?"
"I don't know... I might have"

RE: General TV thread - Chris - 13 Sep 2013

Brilliant!

My headteacher was nothing like this guy, sadly.

"While we're here, are we going to anything with them eyebrows anytime soon?"

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 15 Sep 2013

5 minutes until Vera everyone!

Last in the series tonight.
The next one was comissioned before this one was aired, so hopefully not too long to wait!

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 15 Sep 2013

(15 Sep 2013, 7:57 pm)Andreos1 5 minutes until Vera everyone!

Last in the series tonight.
The next one was comissioned before this one was aired, so hopefully not too long to wait!

For some reason I just can't get away with Vera.

I tried watching the last series and found it quite boring to be honest.

It's just not Spender!

RE: General TV thread - CatsFast101 - 15 Sep 2013

(15 Sep 2013, 10:04 pm)AdamY For some reason I just can't get away with Vera.

I tried watching the last series and found it quite boring to be honest.

It's just not Spender!

Vera is brilliant, superb drama love Brenda Blethyn in it she's great. Sundays won't be the same! I need longer series of it. The character of Vera is such good writing, credit to Anne Cleaves who wrote the inital books that led to the first 2 seasons of the series. I also find 'Spot the various NE town/location' very good hahahahah.
Bringing this back to buses I'm sure I saw a TTX B9 on the 27! Aswell as a Cruader renown and a Quaylink Versa! Hahahah

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 17 Sep 2013

Anyone watching Geordie Shore?

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 17 Sep 2013

(17 Sep 2013, 9:43 pm)Daniel Anyone watching Geordie Shore?

Is that a serious question or some sort of mickey take?
Geordie Shore?!
Geordie Shore!

(17 Sep 2013, 9:55 pm)Andreos1 Is that a serious question or some sort of mickey take?
Geordie Shore?!
Geordie Shore!

No joke at all!!

[Image: 3sz4uj.jpg]
Gotta love Charlotte..!

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 17 Sep 2013

(17 Sep 2013, 9:57 pm)Daniel No joke at all!!

[Image: 3sz4uj.jpg]
Gotta love Charlotte..!

She lives in the next street to my folks apparently.
One of my brothers is into all of this Geordie Shore/Big Brother sh!te and was telling me.

Haven't been round to see if the paparazzi from Take a Break or Chat magazine are stalking the place yet like

To be fair, the cast don't really make the North East look like a good place to live - does it?
"Oh, if they're all like that..we best keep our distance!"

Well, any bus enthusiasts watching from other parts of the UK may want to come if they're fans of Citaros - one of GNE's now "Crusader" branded Mercs appeared on there tonight. Believe it was on the TEN in plain silver, but it was so quick I missed it. :p

General TV thread - Adrian - 18 Sep 2013

(17 Sep 2013, 10:05 pm)Andreos1 She lives in the next street to my folks apparently.
One of my brothers is into all of this Geordie Shore/Big Brother sh!te and was telling me.

Haven't been round to see if the paparazzi from Take a Break or Chat magazine are stalking the place yet like

Weymouth Drive I believe. Although she was probably affected by The X3 being removed from Fencehouses, as it also served there. Tongue seriously though I would rather stick pins in my eyes than watch Geordie Shore. Absolutely cringeworthy what some of them come out with. Tramps.

That Holly Hagan is unreal tho. when she doesn't speak at least.