North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

General TV thread - R852 PRG - 03 Oct 2014

(03 Oct 2014, 10:05 pm)Michael Why would it be peter?, he went off with lauren?

Oh right, I was ignored those scenes. Two more characters who I'm not interested in. I love Ian, to be honest.

(03 Oct 2014, 10:06 pm)Tom Not Eastenders, but Corrie.
I think they have made a total fail regarding his reading problem. If you remember, when he first came into it he was communicating with Fay via Facebook. So how the hell did he read her messages if he couldn't read. And how many times have you saw him reading a newspaper?

Completley agree about Deans acting, it's horrific. And yes Marcus, Abi is a boring character who needs kicked out.

Corrie has always been my favourite, but at the minute I'm losing interest. Especially with Leanne and that 'gym family'. Don't even know if they're in or out!!

RE: General TV thread - Tom - 03 Oct 2014

(03 Oct 2014, 10:08 pm)Marcus Corrie has always been my favourite, but at the minute I'm losing interest. Especially with Leanne and that 'gym family'. Don't even know if they're in or out!!

I reckon the producers have lost ideas.
Emmerdale is my favourite atm. 

(03 Oct 2014, 10:08 pm)Tom I reckon the producers have lost ideas.
Emmerdale is my favourite atm.

I don't mean to sound really stupid and childish, but it's like what happened with Thomas & Friends. They were all based on the Rev W. Awdry's books to start with, then they started to make their own ideas, and then when they switched from models to CGI everything went downhill. For several years straight, each episode was Thomas making a mistake and learning with his lesson.....

RE: General TV thread - Tom - 03 Oct 2014

(03 Oct 2014, 10:09 pm)Michael Now im confused...im not sure if this is about corrie or eastenders?

''Not Eastenders, but Corrie'' should give it away Wink

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 03 Oct 2014

(03 Oct 2014, 10:11 pm)Tom ''Not Eastenders, but Corrie'' should give it away Wink

Ye i noticed so i deleted my post haha

Eastenders has had some good stories lately

A fire, a shooting and next week rape...which i hope .
will help a lot of people.

Nick Cotton is coming back soon.

Edit:before anyone says... im not saying rape is good, saying the story is good due to the awaness and that it can happen within families

Re: RE: General TV thread - Dan - 04 Oct 2014

(03 Oct 2014, 10:04 pm)Marcus I couldn't work out if it was Jake or Peter, didn't get a good look at them though.
I know Phil's meant to have a new 'nemesis' (rumoured to be Mick's dad) - didn't think he'd appear so soon though.

General TV thread - R852 PRG - 04 Oct 2014

(04 Oct 2014, 7:49 am)Dan I know Phil's meant to have a new 'nemesis' (rumoured to be Mick's dad) - didn't think he'd appear so soon though.

Aye, I've checked departing characters and Phil isn't one of them - so it looks like he'll survive to make a new enemy.

One thing I can never understand is his relationship with Ian. When Lucy died, he seemed to comfort him abit, but other than that, they seem to have a strong dislike for each other.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 05 Oct 2014

Dr who is getting worse every week, getting to the point where i'm not gonna watch it all.... shame cause Peter Capaldi is a great actor.

Also 

EastEnders bosses are thought to be recasting a major character - not sure who it is but its not NICK COTTON. 

People are saying:

Steven Beale
Grant Mitchell (I hope not, gotta be Ross Kemp again)
Michelle Fowler
Martin Fowler
Zoe Slater
Little Mo
Zainab  

In today's papers to - EastEnders: Timothy West to leave Stan Carter role - shame cause i think hes quite good in it

Nick Cotton also returns in a few weeks times according to reports.... should be mint when he returns! 

The show also has a busy few weeks ahead with Linda Carter's rape storylinethe return of Nick Cotton and new developments in the Lucy Beale storyline all forming part of the build-up to Christmas and the 30th anniversary celebrations in February. (the link to Linda Carters rape is to a spoiler - open if u want)  

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 06 Oct 2014

Anyone watch Eastender's tonight?

It was well acted out, hopefully this raises the aware of rape.

General TV thread - R852 PRG - 06 Oct 2014

(05 Oct 2014, 10:26 am)Michael Dr who is getting worse every week, getting to the point where i'm not gonna watch it all.... shame cause Peter Capaldi is a great actor.

Also

EastEnders bosses are thought to be recasting a major character - not sure who it is but its not NICK COTTON.

People are saying:

Steven Beale
Grant Mitchell (I hope not, gotta be Ross Kemp again)
Michelle Fowler
Martin Fowler
Zoe Slater
Little Mo
Zainab

In today's papers to - EastEnders: Timothy West to leave Stan Carter role - shame cause i think hes quite good in it

Nick Cotton also returns in a few weeks times according to reports.... should be mint when he returns!

The show also has a busy few weeks ahead with Linda Carter's rape storyline, the return of Nick Cotton and new developments in the Lucy Beale storyline all forming part of the build-up to Christmas and the 30th anniversary celebrations in February. (the link to Linda Carters rape is to a spoiler - open if u want)

Shit I missed it - was it Dean who raped her??

I predict..........Grant will come back with Sam for some sort of 're-wedding' after Phil recovers, and Grant has an affair with Sharon. Then Peggy comes back, and after Phil discovers the affair she has a heart attack and dies, and then Grant and Sam piss off again.

Don't ask why I think that. Tongue

(06 Oct 2014, 7:39 pm)Marcus Shit I missed it - was it Dean who raped her??

I predict..........Grant will come back with Sam for some sort of 're-wedding' after Phil recovers, and Grant has an affair with Sharon. Then Peggy comes back, and after Phil discovers the affair she has a heart attack and dies, and then Grant and Sam piss off again.

Don't ask why I think that. Tongue

Yes, i don't know what word i can use to describe the scene. 

New trailer is out to... 

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152757776424939&set=vb.169383494938&type=2&theater - contains spoilers.. 

(06 Oct 2014, 7:45 pm)Michael Yes, i don't know what word i can use to describe the scene.

New trailer is out to...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152757776424939&set=vb.169383494938&type=2&theater

Loved Patrick's 'noise' at the end there. Tongue

Pleased he's recovered mind.

(06 Oct 2014, 7:49 pm)Marcus Loved Patrick's 'noise' at the end there. Tongue

Pleased he's recovered mind.

I can't wait for Nick Cotton to return! 

No doubt it will be the last scene then it will end!

(06 Oct 2014, 7:51 pm)Michael I can't wait for Nick Cotton to return!

No doubt it will be the last scene then it will end!

Aye, you can always tell which scenes mark the end of episodes.

(06 Oct 2014, 7:52 pm)Marcus Aye, you can always tell which scenes mark the end of episodes.

Looks like some good stories coming up towards Christmas

I can see it now.. Christmas day.... Cater Christmas dinner.... then everything is reveled.

I hope Nick Cotton goes back to hes old ways  

(06 Oct 2014, 7:57 pm)Michael Looks like some good stories coming up towards Christmas

I can see it now.. Christmas day.... Cater Christmas dinner.... then everything is reveled.

I hope Nick Cotton goes back to hes old ways

Most likely - could be Stan's exit, might be what him and Babe were talking about revealing.

(06 Oct 2014, 7:58 pm)Marcus Most likely - could be Stan's exit, might be what him and Babe were talking about revealing.

It's also reveled that a major character could be recast - maybe that's who is following Lauren.

lmao Ian Beale... always making things worse....

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 06 Oct 2014

Don't normally watch Eastenders, but caught it tonight.

The rape scene definitely gave enough detail to know she had been raped - without showing too much.

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 06 Oct 2014

(06 Oct 2014, 8:13 pm)Andreos1 Don't normally watch Eastenders, but caught it tonight.

The rape scene definitely gave enough detail to know she had been raped - without showing too much.

I remember reading a statement from one of the writers justifying showing the 'rape scene' pre-watershed.
They quoted that Linda being left on the table like a slab of meat was enough for 'older' viewers to understand what had happened, whilst younger viewers wouldn't think anything of it.

I have previously stated that it irritated me somewhat that all of these people were coming out as having been victims of child abuse by celebrities when they were younger, so long on from the event when evidence of it will be minimal. However, I do think it's really important that these 'issues' are tackled on TV in my opinion. Soaps are supposed to reflect real life, and this is a real life issue, so it certainly raises awareness of the issue and educates viewers too. Hopefully it gives fairly recent rape victims the confidence to come forward about their experience...