North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 27 Oct 2014

(27 Oct 2014, 10:00 pm)marxistafozzski 206 kids have died since Baby P, 26 known to authorities, absolutely shocking...

If I remember correctly was there a case of death by child abuse closer to home round the same time, somewhere like Fencehouses or Chester Le Street

Its shocking, loads of new information has come out.

I hope not Sad

Re: RE: General TV thread - MrFozz - 27 Oct 2014

(27 Oct 2014, 10:02 pm)Michael Its shocking, loads of new information has come out.

I hope not Sad
Something we should never stop talking about, because when talking stops history repeats itself and by talking Baby P, Victoria Climbie and Daniel Pelka will not have died in vain

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 27 Oct 2014

(27 Oct 2014, 10:22 pm)marxistafozzski Something we should never stop talking about, because when talking stops history repeats itself and by talking Baby P, Victoria Climbie and Daniel Pelka will not have died in vain

Iv'e used them in my uni work for different stuff and we have a child protection unit sometime soon, should be a intresting unit now since all the new details.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 28 Oct 2014

Hahaha i heard a rumour there's gonna be a new kids channel with all the old cartoons on.... such as Rosie and Jim, Spider, playdays etc

I miss the 90's kids shows =(

Re: RE: General TV thread - MrFozz - 31 Oct 2014

(31 Oct 2014, 7:03 pm)AIG20 "How its Made" is on Discovery Science +1 now (19:00), and it will be showing how Alexander Dennis Double Decker Buses are made. Smile
I never thought that much would go into making tomato sauce Big Grin

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 01 Nov 2014

Anyone being watching Life on BBC.... David Attenborough what a legend

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 06 Nov 2014

Watching all the old South Park episodes.... some really good ones haha!

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 06 Nov 2014

(06 Nov 2014, 10:16 am)Michael Watching all the old South Park episodes.... some really good ones haha!

South Park used to be a staple of my weekly viewing around 6 or 7 years ago.

Haven't watched in quite some time.

As for old episodes, 'Good Times with Weapons' from Season 8 is pretty funny as is the episode 'Awesome-O'

Re: RE: General TV thread - MrFozz - 06 Nov 2014

(06 Nov 2014, 7:28 pm)AdamY South Park used to be a staple of my weekly viewing around 6 or 7 years ago.

Haven't watched in quite some time.

As for old episodes, 'Good Times with Weapons' from Season 8 is pretty funny as is the episode 'Awesome-O'
I quite like watching the movie from time to time

The devil as Saddam Husseins bitch always made me laugh Big Grin

(06 Nov 2014, 7:36 pm)marxistafozzski I quite like watching the movie from time to time

The devil as Saddam Husseins bitch always made me laugh Big Grin

I consider the movie to be poor if I'm honest. 

To me, the film comes across as a musical - a genre I loathe in any form. 

(06 Nov 2014, 7:49 pm)AdamY I consider the movie to be poor if I'm honest. 

To me, the film comes across as a musical - a genre I loathe in any form. 
Lol...I see what you mean mate, but the Devil as Saddams bitch is just something I find funny in whatever it may be put across...

Have not seen South Park for years, these days Im more of a Family Guy person

(06 Nov 2014, 7:53 pm)marxistafozzski Lol...I see what you mean mate, but the Devil as Saddams bitch is just something I find funny in whatever it may be put across...

Have not seen South Park for years, these days Im more of a Family Guy person

Family Guy is another thing which I can either take it or leave it.

It's alright, I find it amusing enough, but it's not something I'll go out of my way to watch. 

I probably prefer American Dad to Family Guy, and while I'm at it, Futurama to The Simpsons. 

(06 Nov 2014, 8:03 pm)AdamY Family Guy is another thing which I can either take it or leave it.

It's alright, I find it amusing enough, but it's not something I'll go out of my way to watch. 

I probably prefer American Dad to Family Guy, and while I'm at it, Futurama to The Simpsons. 
Love Futurama, havent seen it for ages, The Simpsons, I can take take it or leave it, same with Amrerican Dad, I have not seen a lot of it though, if I am channel hopping and it is on, I will watch it, but dont go out my way to watch it

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 06 Nov 2014

Old school Simpsons beats anythiny else of that genre - in my opinion.
Ren & Stimpy, Futurama, South Park, American Dad and Family Guy just fade into comparison.

General TV thread - R852 PRG - 06 Nov 2014

I watch Family Guy just about every night - when I see a good American Dad episode I record it. The Simpsons, I watch when I happen to turn on the television and it isn't one of the first ones!

I absolutely hate Futurama - don't find it funny in the slightest. That's the problem with people starting with one show, then making another but on a separate tangent!

Futurama is subtle in its grittiness - there's a lot of dark humour contained within the background which isn't immediately noticeable.

General TV thread - R852 PRG - 07 Nov 2014

Wonder what Les & Pam are up to.....?

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 09 Nov 2014

(06 Nov 2014, 8:17 pm)AdamY Futurama is subtle in its grittiness - there's a lot of dark humour contained within the background which isn't immediately noticeable.

Completely missed this entire discussion...

I'm not a huge fan of South Park, though I do dip in and out of Futurama every now and again.

I used to love The Simpsons as a kid, and I occasionally watch it now when channel-flicking and often think "How do they air this, when kids are their target audience?" due to some of the references made, but I'm not a huge fan. Some episodes of Family Guy and American Dad can be pretty good, others I sit there and think that it's the worst 20-odd minutes of my life. I quite liked The Cleveland Show too - admittedly not as much as Family Guy or American Dad. I also tend to watch Bob's Burgers whenever I remember about it.

(07 Nov 2014, 11:01 pm)Marcus Wonder what Les & Pam are up to.....?

Les looks rather guilty at the moment, doesn't he?!

On another note - I know Bob the Builder has previously been discussed in this(?) thread, so thought this may be worth a read for some.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 09 Nov 2014

(09 Nov 2014, 8:58 am)Dan Completely missed this entire discussion...

I'm not a huge fan of South Park, though I do dip in and out of Futurama every now and again.

I used to love The Simpsons as a kid, and I occasionally watch it now when channel-flicking and often think "How do they air this, when kids are their target audience?" due to some of the references made, but I'm not a huge fan. Some episodes of Family Guy and American Dad can be pretty good, others I sit there and think that it's the worst 20-odd minutes of my life. I quite liked The Cleveland Show too - admittedly not as much as Family Guy or American Dad. I also tend to watch Bob's Burgers whenever I remember about it.

Les looks rather guilty at the moment, doesn't he?!

On another note - I know Bob the Builder has previously been discussed in this(?) thread, so thought this may be worth a read for some.

Jesus.... wtf happened to kids shows!

Me too, i also wonder what Les done?... maybe they just teasing for the Lucy Beale murder!

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 09 Nov 2014

I wasn't that impressed with the season finale of Doctor Who last night.

The whole episode could have probably been condensed to around 15 minutes of storyline if all the nonsensical crap was removed.