North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

General TV thread - R852 PRG - 10 Jan 2015

(10 Jan 2015, 9:22 pm)Robert He isn't as annoying as i thought he'd be! I don't like the way they have merged a bit of TV Burp into it (when he supposedly goes off and does other things). I also don't like the way he keeps saying 'non-live final'. Yes he made the point of the final not been live but is there a need to keep saying it every time he mentions the voting process? 'Final' would do. I did however like the way they started out with somebody impersonating Kylie like the first ever guest of the original version Series 1 Episode 1 1990 - Leslie Crowther). Whether that was set up or was just ironic, i don't know. The 1990 episode in question is currently on Challenge (nearly finished now but a second episode starts at 21:30!)

Is he good or bad? There's only one way to find out...FIGHT!!!

RE: General TV thread - Jimmi - 10 Jan 2015

(10 Jan 2015, 9:22 pm)Robert He isn't as annoying as i thought he'd be! I don't like the way they have merged a bit of TV Burp into it (when he supposedly goes off and does other things). I also don't like the way he keeps saying 'non-live final'. Yes he made the point of the final not been live but is there a need to keep saying it every time he mentions the voting process? 'Final' would do. I did however like the way they started out as somebody impersonating Kylie like the first ever guest of the original version Series 1 Episode 1 1990 - Leslie Crowther). The episode in question is currently on Challenge (nearly finished now but a second episode starts at 21:30!)

Harry Hill used to be good.

I don't like his more recent stuff such as TV Burp when it had stuff like wagbo and the big woman from Eastenders and other random tangents.

Not big on You've Been Framed either, partly because it now seems so outdated.

RE: General TV thread - citaro5284 - 10 Jan 2015

(10 Jan 2015, 9:25 pm)MarcTheA4 Is he good or bad? There's only one way to find out...FIGHT!!!

Wow Marcus, thought after your little adventure to Durham and Bishop, you would be fast asleep by now... Tongue

(10 Jan 2015, 9:29 pm)citaro5284 Wow Marcus, thought after your little adventure to Durham and Bishop, you would be fast asleep by now... Tongue

Ugh...citaro5284, I'm FOURTEEN not FOUR. Tongue

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 10 Jan 2015

(10 Jan 2015, 9:25 pm)MarcTheA4 Is he good or bad? There's only one way to find out...FIGHT!!!

You have been really cheeky tonight, first the joke regarding me getting a grilling and then this. I think somebody needs a smacked bottom! Tongue 
I don't know what to say. Wasn't a fan of TV Burp myself and i'm rather glad its no longer made.

RE: General TV thread - citaro5284 - 10 Jan 2015

(10 Jan 2015, 9:30 pm)Robert You have been really cheeky tonight, first the joke regarding me getting a grilling and then this. I think somebody needs a smacked bottom! Tongue 
I don't know what to say. Wasn't a fan of TV Burp myself and i'm rather glad its no longer made.

You have to excuse him Robert, he does not get out much, and Durham and Bishop in one day has clearly taken its toll....

(10 Jan 2015, 9:30 pm)Robert You have been really cheeky tonight, first the joke regarding me getting a grilling and then this. I think somebody needs a smacked bottom! Tongue 

Hehe. I've had some Ben & Jerry's...so apologies bouncing around all over the forum! Wink

I always found Harry Hill a bit annoying, although there are some episodes of TV Burp that I found amusing! I like that one where he says something like...'Isn't it weird when you end up looking like the person you're talking about' - then it's a fat bloke with a beard talking about Henry the Eighth! haha

I'll try and find it! Smile

(10 Jan 2015, 9:32 pm)citaro5284 You have to excuse him Robert, he does not get out much, and Durham and Bishop in one day has clearly taken its toll....

I might just have a mammoth day out to contradict this statement. Might make the pilgrimage to Middlesbrough and Darlington for the DAFs. Wink

And Durham and Bishop wasn't too bad, actually. 40 minutes on the 6 was a bit boring, but nearly an hour at the front on a quiet X21 was pure bliss!

(10 Jan 2015, 9:28 pm)Jimmi Harry Hill used to be good.

I don't like his more recent stuff such as TV Burp when it had stuff like wagbo and the big woman from Eastenders and other random tangents.

Not big on You've Been Framed either, partly because it now seems so outdated.

I'm not a fan of YBF. I think pretty much all of the clips used are put up (minus the animal clips). Who a) has a camera filming somebody sledging down a hill just as something bad is about to happen (crash into a tree) and b) who is stupid enough to sledge down a hill and crash into a tree. £250 isn't even that much nowadays compared to what it used to be back in the day. And even if the money was raised, i still wouldn't do something to get my hands on it - i have a brain.

(10 Jan 2015, 9:35 pm)Robert I'm not a fan of YBF. I think pretty much all of the clips used are put up (minus the animal clips). Who a) has a camera filming somebody sledging down a hill just as something bad is about to happen (crash into a tree) and b) who is stupid enough to sledge down a hill and crash into a tree. £250 isn't even that much nowadays compared to what it used to be back in the day. And even if the money was raised, i still wouldn't do something to get my hands on it - i have a brain.

I used to find You've Been Framed mildly entertaining, now it's just the same stuff I see every time I watch an episode.

Somebody falls into a river while trying to cross a log...clearly not staged. Somebody sledging into a snowman...clearly not staged. Somebody tries to skate off a roof and lands in a bin...clearly not staged! Tongue

(10 Jan 2015, 9:35 pm)Robert I'm not a fan of YBF. I think pretty much all of the clips used are put up (minus the animal clips). Who a) has a camera filming somebody sledging down a hill just as something bad is about to happen (crash into a tree) and b) who is stupid enough to sledge down a hill and crash into a tree. £250 isn't even that much nowadays compared to what it used to be back in the day. And even if the money was raised, i still wouldn't do something to get my hands on it - i have a brain.

Yeah most the clips are put on, for example who films something doing DIY on a ladder.

With inflation you'd have thought the money would have gone up, yet no.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 10 Jan 2015

The Avengers is also on BBC 3, it started at 9pm before.

RE: General TV thread - Adrian - 10 Jan 2015

Apparently it kicks off big style in Celebrity Big Brother tonight.. on channel 5 now..

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 10 Jan 2015

(10 Jan 2015, 10:07 pm)aureolin Apparently it kicks off big style in Celebrity Big Brother tonight.. on channel 5 now..

Celebrities, half of them iv'e never heard of and some i don't class as having a celebrity status.

(10 Jan 2015, 10:24 pm)Michael Celebrities, half of them iv'e never heard of and some i don't class as having a celebrity status.

It was on in the background earlier and I had no idea who most of the people on it were, I know Keith Chegwin and that's about it. Ain't the rest Americans and people from other reality shows and that bloody Katie Hopkins.

(10 Jan 2015, 9:38 pm)MarcTheA4 I used to find You've Been Framed mildly entertaining, now it's just the same stuff I see every time I watch an episode.

Somebody falls into a river while trying to cross a log...clearly not staged. Somebody sledging into a snowman...clearly not staged. Somebody tries to skate off a roof and lands in a bin...clearly not staged! Tongue

Don't you start again, Mr! Tongue

(10 Jan 2015, 10:07 pm)aureolin Apparently it kicks off big style in Celebrity Big Brother tonight.. on channel 5 now..

Hasnt taken them long! They're only into Day 3 (obviously tonights show will include footage of Day 2). I havent watched it but is Katie Hopkins involved?

General TV thread - S813 FVK - 10 Jan 2015

(10 Jan 2015, 10:32 pm)Robert Hasnt taken them long! They're only into Day 3 (obviously tonights show will include footage of Day 2). I havent watched it but is Katie Hopkins involved?

Oh dear - Jeremy is being removed from the house because he exposed somebodys tits. I wish id watched what happened now Sad

RE: General TV thread - Adrian - 10 Jan 2015

(10 Jan 2015, 10:40 pm)Robert Oh dear - Jeremy is being removed from the house because he exposed somebodys tits. I wish id watched what happened now Sad
He was drunk and tried to make an advance from what I made of it, but completely unacceptable.

Surprised Reg out of Corrie hasn't been removed mind, as you'd think he had Saville on speed dial the way he's going on towards young women.

RE: General TV thread - MrFozz - 11 Jan 2015

(10 Jan 2015, 10:40 pm)Robert Oh dear - Jeremy is being removed from the house because he exposed somebodys tits. I wish id watched what happened now Sad
Jeremy should not have been there in the first place, he was an incident waiting to happen

(10 Jan 2015, 11:50 pm)aureolin He was drunk and tried to make an advance from what I made of it, but completely unacceptable.

Surprised Reg out of Corrie hasn't been removed mind, as you'd think he had Saville on speed dial the way he's going on towards young women.

Never know ol' Reg may become a part of Operation Yewtree yet, would not surprise me in the slightest if loadsa famous people were all it in the 70's