North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 23 Jan 2015

(23 Jan 2015, 10:44 pm)MarcTheA4 What the hell have I just read?!?! Tongue

'A fun afternoon ahead'....no comment.

Whey aye, the computers took 5 1/4" floppy disks. Things changed over the years and by the time Fozz got his PC's at Comp, he was happy with a 3 1/2 incher.

RE: General TV thread - MrFozz - 23 Jan 2015

(23 Jan 2015, 10:43 pm)Andreos1 When the teacher whapped out his 5 1/4" floppy, you knew there was gonna be a fun afternoon ahead - on the BBC!
Oh aye, the 5 1/4" floppy, that got as much of a laugh at Easington when Albert the library man whipped out his 3.5" floppy Big Grin

We'll never see days the likes of that again

General TV thread - R852 PRG - 23 Jan 2015

(23 Jan 2015, 10:46 pm)Andreos1 Whey aye, the computers took 5 1/4" floppy disks. Things changed over the years and by the time Fozz got his PC's at Comp, he was happy with a 3 1/2 incher.

I don't know what to say...I am removing you from my buddy list! Tongue

JK.

(23 Jan 2015, 10:50 pm)MarcTheA4 I don't know what to say...I am removing you from my buddy list! Tongue

JK.

Have a look in the nostalgia thread. AdamY (can never remember his new name) was mentioning it and put a pic up of a 3 1/2 incher.

(23 Jan 2015, 10:51 pm)Andreos1 Have a look in the nostalgia thread. AdamY (can never remember his new name) was mentioning it and put a pic up of a 3 1/2 incher.

Jesus Andreos! I am a child! Tongue

(23 Jan 2015, 10:52 pm)MarcTheA4 Jesus Andreos! I am a child! Tongue

These are genuine comments/posts. The disks were floppy and came in two sizes.

Eventually, they became obsolete, with the advent of CD's, memory sticks etc.

(23 Jan 2015, 10:55 pm)Andreos1 These are genuine comments/posts. The disks were floppy and came in two sizes.

Haha I know I'm just messing around (as per usual!) Tongue.

I reckon if I saw one of those in present day I'd spend about 5 minutes trying to work out if it was a SIM card!!

(23 Jan 2015, 10:55 pm)Andreos1 These are genuine comments/posts. The disks were floppy and came in two sizes.

I thought I was the dogs danglies when I got my first 3.5" disc, 1.4mb it was and can remember my childrens home getting a PC, it had a 20GB hard drive and we were told we would never fill it full, well, it is obvious what happened, within 9 months it was full of crap close to capacity Big Grin

RE: General TV thread - omnicity4659 - 24 Jan 2015

(23 Jan 2015, 7:59 pm)MarcTheA4 I've been watching it since it started. Highlight of the Friday night, even for posh people! I was about 7 or 8.

Those were the days. You can find most of them easily on YouTube...

'That old tanned woman'...do you mean Madge?

Think so, the one in the mobility scooter who's now in Texas.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 25 Jan 2015

Top Gear starts tonight wooooooooooooooo =D

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 25 Jan 2015

(25 Jan 2015, 7:12 pm)Michael Top Gear starts tonight wooooooooooooooo =D

Gone right off that show, over the last few years.
Would fill the 'What's annoying you' thread if I watched it.

General TV thread - R852 PRG - 25 Jan 2015

Jeremy Clarkson never fails to come out with the most shocking things...

A) Why do they stop the train when you've hit someone? It's not going to make them any better!

B) Quite frankly I think they should all be shot in front of their families (public sector workers).

RE: General TV thread - Malarkey - 25 Jan 2015

(25 Jan 2015, 7:20 pm)MarcTheA4 Jerry Clarkson never fails to come out with the most shocking things...

A) Why do they stop the train when you've hit someone? It's not going to make them any better!

B) Quite frankly I think they should all be shot in front of their families (public sector workers).
Who is Jerry Clarkson?

RE: General TV thread - R852 PRG - 25 Jan 2015

(25 Jan 2015, 7:22 pm)Malarkey Who is Jerry Clarkson?

Oh goddamn that spell corrector thingy on my iPhone! Tongue

RE: General TV thread - Malarkey - 25 Jan 2015

(25 Jan 2015, 7:22 pm)MarcTheA4 Oh goddamn that spell corrector thingy on my iPhone! Tongue
I so as I was going to say before I noticed name error, I think Mr Clarkson is Hilarious with some of things he comes out with at times without even thinking about it.

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 25 Jan 2015

(25 Jan 2015, 7:20 pm)MarcTheA4 Jeremy Clarkson never fails to come out with the most shocking things...

I cannot deny that A made me laugh... Tongue

I really like Jeremy Clarkson. He's got a cannot-be-arsed attitude, and doesn't care what people think. His humour is typical of those in his generation, and is borderline 'dark humour' which appeals to some (myself included). I often find myself coming out with comments similar to Clarkson's, and think "Shite" afterwards.

General TV thread - R852 PRG - 25 Jan 2015

(25 Jan 2015, 7:26 pm)Dan I cannot deny that A made me laugh... Tongue

I really like Jeremy Clarkson. He's got a cannot-be-arsed attitude, and doesn't care what people think. His humour is typical of those in his generation, and is borderline 'dark humour' which appeals to some (myself included). I often find myself coming out with comments similar to Clarkson's, and think "Shite" afterwards.

Alright I confess - I did laugh a bit when I watched that bit where he made those comments on...was it The One Show..?

A is true though in all fairness. I just think the public took the other too seriously....what I do like about Clarkson is that he doesn't care what he says until he has his face all over the front pages. Big Grin

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 25 Jan 2015

(25 Jan 2015, 9:21 pm)Adam Anyone else watching Dragons' Den? I feel inclined to with being a business student. 

Apparently, Kelly Hoppen is leaving at the end of the series, as well as Duncan Bannatyne Sad

I am! Kept BBC Two on after Top Gear. I'm glued tonight - not great when I have work to do!

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 25 Jan 2015

Talking of Top Gear, i loved that little bit at the end of the news about the Patagonia Special, the way he said it made the audience think that they were going to own up to the number plate incident but what he actually said was hilarious. Mind you, after denying the incident for months, they werent going to admit now were they.
Hopefully the Top Gear crew (and Clarkson himself) can have a clean 2015...