North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 25 Jan 2015

(25 Jan 2015, 7:26 pm)Dan I cannot deny that A made me laugh... Tongue

I really like Jeremy Clarkson. He's got a cannot-be-arsed attitude, and doesn't care what people think. His humour is typical of those in his generation, and is borderline 'dark humour' which appeals to some (myself included). I often find myself coming out with comments similar to Clarkson's, and think "Shite" afterwards.

Bit like Katie HopkinsĀ  Wink

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 25 Jan 2015

(25 Jan 2015, 9:32 pm)Robert Bit like Katie HopkinsĀ  Wink
She used to irritate the hell out of me when she was first contradicting herself about naming children etc.

Think she makes some very valid points now though, and has certainly made a household name for herself.

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 25 Jan 2015

(25 Jan 2015, 9:33 pm)Dan She used to irritate the hell out of me when she was first contradicting herself about naming children etc.

Think she makes some very valid points now though, and has certainly made a household name for herself.

Didn't she say she didnt like people who named their children after countries etc and then went and named her child India or whatever it was? Me and my mates at school were talking about this very subject. She is hilarious in the big brother house at the moment and Perez is certainly the stem of it.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 27 Jan 2015

Gordon Ramsey's beat quote ever...

Thats limper than my grandads dick... he was eating a calamari.

RE: General TV thread - MrFozz - 28 Jan 2015

(25 Jan 2015, 9:32 pm)Robert Bit like Katie HopkinsĀ  Wink
Katie Hopkins is one woman I cannot stand, but she does say what most of us are thinking and wouldn't necessarily say it ourselves.

Jeremy Clarkson is funny, some of the shit he comes out with...As for the Top Gear Special recently, I dont believe for a second he never knew about that numberplate.

I aint seen top gear for ages, but I love all 3 of them, they are big man-kids lol

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 01 Feb 2015

(28 Jan 2015, 10:46 pm)MrFozz Katie Hopkins is one woman I cannot stand, but she does say what most of us are thinking and wouldn't necessarily say it ourselves.

Jeremy Clarkson is funny, some of the shit he comes out with...As for the Top Gear Special recently, I dont believe for a second he never knew about that numberplate.

I aint seen top gear for ages, but I love all 3 of them, they are big man-kids lol

Kicking off tonight's episode with a bang.

Just five minutes in, they're mocking everyone who accused the registration plate being done purposefully.

Brilliant stuff.

RE: General TV thread - Davie - 01 Feb 2015

(01 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm)Dan Kicking off tonight's episode with a bang.

Just five minutes in, they're mocking everyone who accused the registration plate being done purposefully.

Brilliant stuff.

I love Top Gear, it is one of the funniest TV s shows I've ever watched

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 01 Feb 2015

(01 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm)Dan Kicking off tonight's episode with a bang.

Brilliant stuff.

Aye. Probably the best bit as i cant say i loved tonights episode. Bit boring and the only other section in the show aside from the Australia film was the Star in the Reasonably Priced Car. What probably made it as boring for me was the cow section, they didnt really have much top gear fooling around in it and i wouldnt class a cow headbutting a car as that - mildly funny but overpowered by the boringness of the rest of the film. Hoping next week is better.

General TV thread - R852 PRG - 01 Feb 2015

Jesus fucking christ that EastEnders Week of Revelations advert looked creepy as fuck!

It was terrifying in fact - was that Lucy standing on the roof of Ian Beale's house at the end??? Undecided

I'm not watching anything but EastEnders until it gets revealed on the anniversary - I'll be absolutely amazed as to who it is.

That ad was chilling and brilliant!

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 01 Feb 2015

(01 Feb 2015, 10:26 pm)MarcTheA4 Jesus fucking christ that EastEnders Week of Revelations advert looked creepy as fuck!

It was terrifying in fact - was that Lucy standing on the roof of Ian Beale's house at the end??? Undecided

I'm not watching anything but EastEnders until it gets revealed on the anniversary - I'll be absolutely amazed as to who it is.

That ad was chilling and brilliant!

I think it was Abi who killed her.

Although latest spoilers say Nick cotton is gonna ask Dot for drugs... i wonder if Nick was Lucys drug dealer or part it...

RE: General TV thread - Tom - 02 Feb 2015

(01 Feb 2015, 10:46 pm)Michael I think it was Abi who killed her.

Although latest spoilers say Nick cotton is gonna ask Dot for drugs... i wonder if Nick was Lucys drug dealer or part it...

We already know Peter was her drug dealer?

RE: General TV thread - MrFozz - 02 Feb 2015

(02 Feb 2015, 8:14 am)Tom We already know Peter was her drug dealer?
I come clean, I can't keep it in any longer, I killed Lucy

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 02 Feb 2015

I think it was Gabriel Kent.

After being aided by Don Beech in faking his own death after his apparent 'suicide', Kent keeps a low profile in the East End of London. Eventually, he makes his way to Walford - a haven for all seeking redemption from the past. In Walford, he meets Lucy Beale - a girl previously haunted by contact from her dead mother. Kent initially wanted to go straight, but after realising his uncanny resemblance to Lucy's Uncle Mark, decides to exploit Lucy for his own financial gain. After being rumbled by Lucy, Kent's murderous streak resurfaces as he murders Lucy creating distrust among the residents of Walford as her death remains unexplained.

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 02 Feb 2015

(02 Feb 2015, 10:49 am)MurdnunoC I think it was Gabriel Kent.

After being aided by Don Beech in faking his own death after his apparent 'suicide', Kent keeps a low profile in the East End of London. Eventually, he makes his way to Walford - a haven for all seeking redemption from the past. In Walford, he meets Lucy Beale - a girl previously haunted by contact from her dead mother. Kent initially wanted to go straight, but after realising his uncanny resemblance to Lucy's Uncle Mark, decides to exploit Lucy for his own financial gain. After being rumbled by Lucy, Kent's murderous streak resurfaces as he murders Lucy creating distrust among the residents of Walford as her death remains unexplained.

Using the ice skates another lookalike used on Celebrity Ice Skating (or whatever it was called)?
http://youtu.be/npLLjvyKnzM

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 03 Feb 2015

(02 Feb 2015, 11:03 am)Andreos1 Using the ice skates another lookalike used on Celebrity Ice Skating (or whatever it was called)?
http://youtu.be/npLLjvyKnzM

Are you thinking of Dancing on Ice? Whilst on the topic of that show, i loved watching how good they were to even be able to do the most basic routines on ice even after several weeks of training. Id fall over straight away. As for that moment, bloody fantastic.

General TV thread - R852 PRG - 03 Feb 2015

(03 Feb 2015, 4:51 pm)Robert Are you thinking of Dancing on Ice? Whilst on the topic of that show, i loved watching how good they were to even be able to do the most basic routines on ice even after several weeks of training. Id fall over straight away.

Same haha. Tongue

I hate dancing shows, did I mention I went to see Billy Elliot whilst down in London...that put me off for life.

Not only was the 11 year old absolutely shit, they portrayed North Easterners as speaking through their chests and having 'hew' in between every single word...

Borderline racism lol. Big Grin

RE: General TV thread - Jimmi - 03 Feb 2015

(03 Feb 2015, 4:53 pm)MarcTheA4 Same haha. Tongue

I hate dancing shows, did I mention I went to see Billy Elliot whilst down in London...that put me off for life.

Not only was the 11 year old absolutely shit, they portrayed North Easterners as speaking through their chests and having 'hew' in between every single word...

Borderline racism lol. Big Grin

Don't get me started on dancing shows, I hate watching any show that has dancing in it, Britain's Got Talent for example every year now we see a load of street dancing and I am just so sick of seeing it everywhere. You'll often see Twist and Pulse in either Blackpool or Newcastle, they were the ones who danced while wearing masks of celebs faces (I think they were called that).

Whilst on the subject of BGT am I the only person who thought that the impressionist last year was crap, Marge Simpson it sounded nothing like and Homer was even worse.

I'd only watch Dancing on Ice in the hope celebs get hurt.

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 03 Feb 2015

(03 Feb 2015, 4:51 pm)Robert Are you thinking of Dancing on Ice? Whilst on the topic of that show, i loved watching how good they were to even be able to do the most basic routines on ice even after several weeks of training. Id fall over straight away. As for that moment, bloody fantastic.
Aye, that's the show.

Never watched it to be honest, just remember that clip doing the rounds and then appearing on TV Burp.

Still laugh at him now.

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 05 Feb 2015

The Breaking Bad spin off - Better Call Saul - premieres on Sunday night (8th Feb).

Another show which I'm really looking forward to watching!

RE: General TV thread - MrFozz - 07 Feb 2015

Been watching Saturday Morning Kitchen...

Nigella Lawson was on...

Damn...she is a fine looking woman