North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

General TV thread - R852 PRG - 09 Feb 2015

God Abi is a right c*** in EastEnders!!

I hope she was the one who killed Lucy so we don't have to see her again!!

General TV thread - R852 PRG - 09 Feb 2015

Oh wow this looks excellent!

http://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/lucy-beale-eastenders-return

Hetti Bywater to return to portray dead Lucy's ghost and film flashback scenes to the moment she was killed in the woods. I am absolutely watching that anniversary live episode!!

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 11 Feb 2015

Although not TV, this my current pre-order list on Amazon:

The Theory Of Everything [Blu-ray] [2015]
Interstellar [Blu-ray] [2014] [Region Free]
Game of Thrones - Season 4 with Bonus Disc (Amazon.co.uk Exclusive Limited Edition) [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 [Blu-ray + UV Copy]

Seen all of them expect for The Theory Of Everything.... ordering it because of the reviews and because its about Stephen Hawkings.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 11 Feb 2015

Did anyone watch.. Secret lifes of 4 year olds on channel 4, im watching it on demand... so bloody funny.

Here is a clip, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kaoqmiK5cc - LMAO! 

"Stop ringing me Richard, you're not dad, Ok, i don't love you anymore, i hate you now. Bye, See ya later"

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 12 Feb 2015

Hi de Hi on BBC2 just now.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 14 Feb 2015

SPOILERS!!!!

Did anyone watch Eastenders last night?

Nick Cotton finally died!, was a bit annoyed when they didn't give him Julia's theme.

However, he died in the same house as Reg Cox was found in the very first episode, who Nick had killed...

RE: General TV thread - MrFozz - 14 Feb 2015

(11 Feb 2015, 12:26 pm)Michael Although not TV, this my current pre-order list on Amazon:

The Theory Of Everything [Blu-ray] [2015]
Interstellar [Blu-ray] [2014] [Region Free]
Game of Thrones - Season 4 with Bonus Disc (Amazon.co.uk Exclusive Limited Edition) [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 [Blu-ray + UV Copy]

Seen all of them expect for The Theory Of Everything.... ordering it because of the reviews and because its about Stephen Hawkings.

Not my favourite film, but it was good, very well acted, Eddie Redmayne deserves the awards he is getting...

Next one I wanna see is the Imitation Game with Benedict Cumberbatch, about Alan Turing

(14 Feb 2015, 10:52 am)MrFozz Not my favourite film, but it was good, very well acted, Eddie Redmayne deserves the awards he is getting...

Next one I wanna see is the Imitation Game with Benedict Cumberbatch, about Alan Turing

I heard Eddie Redmayne's acting was really good.

Stephen Hawkings, well what can i say about him?, Amazing bloke.

Also my Game of Thrones - Season 4 with Bonus Disc (Amazon.co.uk Exclusive Limited Edition) [Blu-ray] [Region Free] has being dispatched =D

RE: General TV thread - MrFozz - 14 Feb 2015

(14 Feb 2015, 11:00 am)Michael I heard Eddie Redmayne's acting was really good.

Stephen Hawkings, well what can i say about him?, Amazing bloke.

Also my Game of Thrones - Season 4 with Bonus Disc (Amazon.co.uk Exclusive Limited Edition) [Blu-ray] [Region Free] has being dispatched =D

I found the film interesting because of the subject, Stephen Hawking is, as you say, amazing, it is not a film I would go and buy on blu-ray...

I hate game of thrones, my dad watches it constantly, just to pee me off I think...

I might have a look for a Charmed Box Set somewhere Big Grin

(14 Feb 2015, 11:10 am)MrFozz I found the film interesting because of the subject, Stephen Hawking is, as you say, amazing, it is not a film I would go and buy on blu-ray...

I hate game of thrones, my dad watches it constantly, just to pee me off I think...

I might have a look for a Charmed Box Set somewhere Big Grin

=0, why its the best programme on TV when its on! 

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 14 Feb 2015

Appreciate some of you are fans, have just been watching last weeks Top Gear.
Dear me, what a pile of sh!te.

That scripted ambulance 'comedy' scene? What was that about?
Genuinely used to enjoy.it, not sure I.will be watching it again.

RE: General TV thread - Jimmi - 14 Feb 2015

(14 Feb 2015, 9:14 pm)Andreos1 Appreciate some of you are fans, have just been watching last weeks Top Gear.
Dear me, what a pile of sh!te.

That scripted ambulance 'comedy' scene? What was that about?
Genuinely used to enjoy.it, not sure I.will be watching it again.

I still enjoy Top Gear but at times I think that I liked it more when it was a bit less silly, I quite liked it when they do stuff like road-test cars normally and old challenges like when they'd raced to Oslo with Clarkson driving and James and Richard on a boat. Part of the other problem with it now is that it is shown in so many different countries and is popular around the world and now they have to make it appeal for lots of different countries to watch. I also liked when the star in a reasonably priced car had people like comedians on instead of major A-List celebs who are promoting the latest film their in.

General TV thread - R852 PRG - 14 Feb 2015

I do enjoy Top Gear, after all the years I've watched it. Think I started when I was about 8, and I've got quite a few DVDs.

One of the main reasons I still watch it, is because Jeremy Clarkson always manages to say something that makes me choke to death on my own oxygen!

I loved that episode where they raced Tornado to the north. That was brilliant, and also that one where they were in India(?) and James missed the train lol and they wouldn't pay a £13 fine for pulling the emergency break. Tongue

I agree with all comments made above, that the fact more countries are watching it and it must be more suitable for everyone's tastes.

But, despite all its flaws now, I still enjoy watching Top Gear. Smile

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 14 Feb 2015

(14 Feb 2015, 9:29 pm)Jimmi I still enjoy Top Gear but at times I think that I liked it more when it was a bit less silly, I quite liked it when they do stuff like road-test cars normally and old challenges like when they'd raced to Oslo with Clarkson driving and James and Richard on a boat. Part of the other problem with it now is that it is shown in so many different countries and is popular around the world and now they have to make it appeal for lots of different countries to watch. I also liked when the star in a reasonably priced car had people like comedians on instead of major A-List celebs who are promoting the latest film their in.
That race was great - although some of it would have been scripted, the boats getting punctures and Hammond getting sea sick made that episode.
There were other challenges which were just as good too.

(14 Feb 2015, 9:35 pm)MarcTheA4 I do enjoy Top Gear, after all the years I've watched it. Think I started when I was about 8, and I've got quite a few DVDs.

One of the main reasons I still watch it, is because Jeremy Clarkson always manages to say something that makes me choke to death on my own oxygen!

I loved that episode where they raced Tornado to the north. That was brilliant, and also that one where they were in India(?) and James missed the train lol and they wouldn't pay a £13 fine for pulling the emergency break. Tongue

I agree with all comments made above, that the fact more countries are watching it and it must be more suitable for everyone's tastes.

But, despite all its flaws now, I still enjoy watching Top Gear. Smile

If you look back to the episodes when you first started watching (was the Hilux episode before or after?), how do they compare?

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 14 Feb 2015

I like watching top gear but I know when they cross the line and there are several problems and not-so problems id like to question.

- Going back to the Patagonia Special, when purchasing the Porsche, they would have seen the registration in the documents or wherever they were buying it from. They can't say they didn't know. However, what i didn't like about the Argentinians was the fact that they attacked the cars as they were leaving Argentina itself which i think is slightly unfair since the team were cooperative and leaving the country by request. This doesn't withdraw what they did.
- I don't understand what was wrong with showing a cock that wasn't real yet The Kyle Files can show a pair of womans tits in a bad way. What happened to the watershed...? 

RE: General TV thread - mb134 - 15 Feb 2015

Following on;
Tonights Top Gear seems to be more car orientated than usual, the new AMG Merc is being looked at currently, and I think the BMW i8 and the new M4 feature later on, as well as a Land Rover feature. 

RE: General TV thread - Adrian - 15 Feb 2015

(15 Feb 2015, 8:03 pm)mb134 Following on;
Tonights Top Gear seems to be more car orientated than usual, the new AMG Merc is being looked at currently, and I think the BMW i8 and the new M4 feature later on, as well as a Land Rover feature. 

See, I switched off after 40 mins, as I thought it was boring! Loved the Ambulance crack last week.

RE: General TV thread - mb134 - 15 Feb 2015

(15 Feb 2015, 9:06 pm)aureolin See, I switched off after 40 mins, as I thought it was boring! Loved the Ambulance crack last week.
I love the reviews, the features such as the Ambulance one, and the races, I only really dislike the "Star In The Reasonably Priced Car" section and some of the bits that used to be included that were neither funny or kind of informative.

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 15 Feb 2015

Did anybody notice the "RICHARD IS A COCK" (the CK was blocked by the tyres) sign at the 1st corner during the Power lap. Can't remember seeing it in the reasonably priced car laps.

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 15 Feb 2015

I prefer the episodes with a mix of everything, really. Sometimes I do think they take it too far with the stupid things - but I'd watch it regardless of what the theme of the episode was.