North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

General TV thread - R852 PRG - 21 Feb 2015

(21 Feb 2015, 4:16 pm)Jimmi Yeah I'm not a big fan of him either.

I just don't want to sound like I'm against it, but I think it has something to do with him being gay.

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against homosexuality, I think it's great that it's so widely accepted these days - but the way he talks, his general attitude and the way he acts like an old woman just gets on my wick soooo much!

RE: General TV thread - MrFozz - 21 Feb 2015

(21 Feb 2015, 4:18 pm)MarcTheA4 I just don't want to sound like I'm against it, but I think it has something to do with him being gay.

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against homosexuality, I think it's great that it's so widely accepted these days - but the way he talks, his general attitude and the way he acts like an old woman just gets on my wick soooo much!
Nick Grimshaw does my napper in at times...

I dont like people who are too camp, when they get to the point of there campness being put on, it pees me off

Nick Grimshaw is as camp as a field full of pink tents

General TV thread - R852 PRG - 21 Feb 2015

(21 Feb 2015, 5:19 pm)MrFozz Nick Grimshaw does my napper in at times...

I dont like people who are too camp, when they get to the point of there campness being put on, it pees me off

So does Alan Carr. But I feel Nick Grimshaw just puts it on to basically 'advertise' himself as a gay presenter.

Companies are desperate for them now because of all these laws, etc, like in soaps you need at least one in at any time no matter what.

RE: General TV thread - MrFozz - 21 Feb 2015

(21 Feb 2015, 5:21 pm)MarcTheA4 So does Alan Carr. But I feel Nick Grimshaw just puts it on to basically 'advertise' himself as a gay presenter.

Companies are desperate for them now because of all these laws, etc, like in soaps you need at least one in at any time no matter what.

Like some American Films always seem to have a token black guy to show the world there not racist

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 21 Feb 2015

(21 Feb 2015, 5:19 pm)MrFozz Nick Grimshaw does my napper in at times...

I agree with the not liking Grimmy. Disliked him since the days of T4
It has nowt to do with him being camp though. Whatever their faults, the likes of Frankie Howerd, Charles Hawtry and Kenneth Graham were great.
They milked their campness for all they could. 

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 22 Feb 2015

Talking of camp...anybody watch Judge Rinder on ITV? He throws his arm a bit but also make a joke out of it too like he did in an interview on Good Morning Britain:
http://youtu.be/edEbFSRim3E

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 24 Feb 2015

Holy shit... Sharon's just mentioned Denny!

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 24 Feb 2015

Just to follow on from Marcus' joke elsewhere on the board re Bobby... How long do you reckon it'll be before the 'new' Peter returns?

(24 Feb 2015, 10:17 pm)Dan Just to follow on from Marcus' joke elsewhere on the board re Bobby... How long do you reckon it'll be before the 'new' Peter returns?

I hope they don't re-cast him, i like Ben Hardy.

I hope he returns with Lauren! 

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 24 Feb 2015

(24 Feb 2015, 10:20 pm)Michael I hope they don't re-cast him, i like Ben Hardy.

I think he said in an interview that the live was going to be his last ever show as he was leaving EastEnders completely, but they've left the door open for Peter to return. He used the character's name rather than saying 'me', so I guess if they do want Peter back, they'll have to re-cast him.

Lauren's only away on maternity leave, isn't she?

(24 Feb 2015, 10:22 pm)Dan I think he said in an interview that the live was going to be his last ever show as he was leaving EastEnders completely, but they've left the door open for Peter to return. He used the character's name rather than saying 'me', so I guess if they do want Peter back, they'll have to re-cast him.

Lauren's only away on maternity leave, isn't she?

I know he didn't want to re-new hes contract but you never know.

Ye, But how long will she take off?, i hope they don't re-cast her! 

RE: General TV thread - MrFozz - 24 Feb 2015

(24 Feb 2015, 10:20 pm)Michael I hope they don't re-cast him, i like Ben Hardy.

I wonder how they would go about bringing young Pedro back, they could make him a villain, coming back to blackmail Ian and Jane and have him go for Bobby when Bobby gets older...

How many actors has played Peter now, is Ben Hardy about the 7th

Seems to be a common thing in 'Enders

Lucy was played by 4 actors
Ben Mitchell portrayed by 5...I remember one Ben leaving with a hearing aid in and the next time he was back he was minus said hearing aid
Martin Fowler comes in at 3

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 24 Feb 2015

(24 Feb 2015, 10:38 pm)MrFozz I wonder how they would go about bringing young Pedro back, they could make him a villain, coming back to blackmail Ian and Jane and have him go for Bobby when Bobby gets older...

Isn't that what they more or less did with Steven Beale?

RE: General TV thread - MrFozz - 24 Feb 2015

(24 Feb 2015, 10:44 pm)MurdnunoC Isn't that what they more or less did with Steven Beale?
Cant really remember mate...I can't say I really watcb it a great deal

(24 Feb 2015, 10:38 pm)MrFozz I wonder how they would go about bringing young Pedro back, they could make him a villain, coming back to blackmail Ian and Jane and have him go for Bobby when Bobby gets older...

How many actors has played Peter now, is Ben Hardy about the 7th

Seems to be a common thing in 'Enders

Lucy was played by 4 actors
Ben Mitchell portrayed by 5...I remember one Ben leaving with a hearing aid in and the next time he was back he was minus said hearing aid
Martin Fowler comes in at 3

Actors who's played Peter..

Francis Brittin-Snell (1993–96)

Alex Stevens (1997–98)
Joseph Shade (1998–2004)
James Martin (2004–06)
Thomas Law (2006–10)
Ben Hardy (2013–15)

Lucy:

Eva Brittin-Snell (1993–96)

Casey Anne Rothery (1996–2004)
Melissa Suffield (2004–10)
Hetti Bywater (2012–15)

Ben:

Matthew Silver (1996–98)

Morgan Whittle (1999–2000)

Charlie Jones (2006–10)

Joshua Pascoe (2010–12)
Harry Reid (2014–)

Bobby's had quite a few actors to:

Kevin Curran (2003–07)

Alex Francis (2007–12)

Rory Stroud (2013–14)
Eliot Carrington (2014–)

Martin:

Jon Peyton-Price (1985–96)

James Alexandrou (1996–2007)
James Bye (2014–)

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 25 Feb 2015

Anyone watching The Brit Awards? More of Kanye's performance has been muted than played!

RE: General TV thread - mb134 - 25 Feb 2015

(25 Feb 2015, 9:15 pm)Dan Anyone watching The Brit Awards? More of Kanye's performance has been muted than played!
Completely forgot it was on! Any surprises in award winners yet?

Love Kanye, don't like most of his music, he just seems like a decent bloke 

(25 Feb 2015, 9:18 pm)mb134 Completely forgot it was on! Any surprises in award winners yet?

Love Kanye, don't like most of his music, he just seems like a decent bloke 

No massive surprises, but some of the girls on my Facebook didn't seem too happy that Beyoncé didn't win..! 

RE: General TV thread - mb134 - 25 Feb 2015

(25 Feb 2015, 9:19 pm)Dan No massive surprises, but some of the girls on my Facebook didn't seem too happy that Beyoncé didn't win..! 
People on my Facebook, meanwhile, seem upset with something about Kanye's performance? (and Arsenal..., but that's not totally relevant)

(25 Feb 2015, 9:23 pm)mb134 People on my Facebook, meanwhile, seem upset with something about Kanye's performance? (and Arsenal..., but that's not totally relevant)

"Kanye west is absoloutley shite  hahaha embarrased for him ?"
Only one I can find! Ed Sheeran had a few more bad comments - but I quite liked him.

Not keen on Take That.