North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

RE: General TV thread - mb134 - 25 Feb 2015

(25 Feb 2015, 9:28 pm)Dan "Kanye west is absoloutley shite  hahaha embarrased for him ?"
Only one I can find! Ed Sheeran had a few more bad comments - but I quite liked him.

Not keen on Take That.
Just put it on now, no I wasn't all too keen on that either, haven't really like anything they've done since it's been just the three of them...

Edit: Not too surprised that Mark Ronson won the British Single award

RE: General TV thread - Jimmi - 25 Feb 2015

Was going to watch this but I've been to busy with Flickr and writing up my outing for today, it's usually terrible anyway!

RE: General TV thread - mb134 - 25 Feb 2015

Oh dear, anyone else just find that a bit awkward, with Jimmy Carr?

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 25 Feb 2015

PMSL did anyone see what just happened to Madonna on the Brit awards.

Edit: Proved she was miming!

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 27 Feb 2015

R.I.P Leonard Nimoy =(

http://news.sky.com/story/1435684/leonard-nimoy-star-treks-mr-spock-dies

RE: General TV thread - Jimmi - 10 Mar 2015

Jeremy Clarkson, suspended by BBC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31824040

This means no Top Gear this week Sad

RE: General TV thread - omnicity4659 - 10 Mar 2015

(10 Mar 2015, 5:20 pm)Jimmi Jeremy Clarkson, suspended by BBC

Thanks a lot, Jimmi. Was just about to post that.
Tongue

RE: General TV thread - Malarkey - 10 Mar 2015

(10 Mar 2015, 5:20 pm)Jimmi Jeremy Clarkson, suspended by BBC

(10 Mar 2015, 5:36 pm)Tommy_1581 Thanks a lot, Jimmi. Was just about to post that.
Tongue
Gary Lineker is said to be Devestated by the News, As are the rest of the UK Population which tune in on a Sunday Night.

#WhatHasJeremyDoneNow
#HashtagsOnNEB

RE: General TV thread - mb134 - 10 Mar 2015

Not supporting what he's allegedly done at all, but there seems to be a permanent media hunt to get the bloke sacked. Also, it must be the biggest money maker for the BBC, and Top Gear (including May and Hammond) would be snapped up by another company should BBC sack Clarkson, it won't work without him in my opinion. 

General TV thread - R852 PRG - 10 Mar 2015

(10 Mar 2015, 9:45 pm)mb134 Not supporting what he's allegedly done at all, but there seems to be a permanent media hunt to get the bloke sacked. Also, it must be the biggest money maker for the BBC, and Top Gear (including May and Hammond) would be snapped up by another company should BBC sack Clarkson, it won't work without him in my opinion. 

Agree with everything you've said. I personally love Jeremy Clarkson, even if some of the things he says are a bit shocking.

He adds a comedic element to Top Gear, which James May and Richard Hammond don't seem to be able to do so well. Like you say, Top Gear is a big bread winner and wouldn't work without him. To me, he's always been the face of the show, and the main presenter from what I see in it. Hammond and May are (sort of) his sidekicks.

I think the Media just love to crawl all over people like him, but that's the Media! Tongue

RE: General TV thread - Adrian - 10 Mar 2015

(10 Mar 2015, 9:45 pm)mb134 Not supporting what he's allegedly done at all, but there seems to be a permanent media hunt to get the bloke sacked. Also, it must be the biggest money maker for the BBC, and Top Gear (including May and Hammond) would be snapped up by another company should BBC sack Clarkson, it won't work without him in my opinion. 

He's in a high profile position (whether he likes it or not), and he seemingly thinks that complaints against him are hilarious. Time for a refresh if you ask me. 

RE: General TV thread - mb134 - 10 Mar 2015

(10 Mar 2015, 9:51 pm)MarcTheA4 Agree with everything you've said. I personally love Jeremy Clarkson, even if some of the things he says are a bit shocking.

He adds a comedic element to Top Gear, which James May and Richard Hammond don't seem to be able to do so well. Like you say, Top Gear is a big bread winner and wouldn't work without him. To me, he's always been the face of the show, and the main presenter from what I see in it. Hammond and May are (sort of) his sidekicks.

I think the Media just love to crawl all over people like him, but that's the Media! Tongue

Agree completely, I think Hammond and May do add a different type of comedy however, and I think the show needs all three of them to be what it is, it's that successful for a reason at the end of the day.
(10 Mar 2015, 9:51 pm)aureolin He's in a high profile position (whether he likes it or not), and he seemingly thinks that complaints against him are hilarious. Time for a refresh if you ask me. 
I can't help but think some of the "complaints" against him are a bit petty though. The nursery rhyme ordeal from last year for example, he came out and publicly stated he did three takes, avoiding the word purposefully, and I think the media blew it way out of proportion, the "word" was never broadcast at the end of the day.

I just think that he provides something that is very rare on TV now, complete honesty, and I like that, again I'm not supporting any behaviour and saying that everyone should go around behaving exactly like him, but is it not good to have someone who speaks their mind, rather than a sheep?

(10 Mar 2015, 9:51 pm)MarcTheA4 Agree with everything you've said. I personally love Jeremy Clarkson, even if some of the things he says are a bit shocking.

Agree completely, I think Hammond and May do add a different type of comedy however, and I think the show needs all three of them to be what it is, it's that successful for a reason at the end of the day.
(10 Mar 2015, 9:51 pm)aureolin He's in a high profile position (whether he likes it or not), and he seemingly thinks that complaints against him are hilarious. Time for a refresh if you ask me. 
I can't help but think some of the "complaints" against him are a bit petty though. The nursery rhyme ordeal from last year for example, he came out and publicly stated he did three takes, avoiding the word purposefully, and I think the media blew it way out of proportion, the "word" was never broadcast at the end of the day.

I just think that he provides something that is very rare on TV now, complete honesty, and I like that, again I'm not supporting any behaviour and saying that everyone should go around behaving exactly like him, but is it not good to have someone who speaks their mind, rather than a sheep?

RE: General TV thread - mb134 - 11 Mar 2015

Don't know if it's already been noted elsewhere, or if this would be the wrong section, but has anyone else signed the "Bring back Clarkson" petition. Over 400,000 signatures already.

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson

(Forum team, if it isn't suitable to post this link on here, please remove it Smile ) 

General TV thread - R852 PRG - 11 Mar 2015

(11 Mar 2015, 4:46 pm)mb134 Don't know if it's already been noted elsewhere, or if this would be the wrong section, but has anyone else signed the "Bring back Clarkson" petition. Over 400,000 signatures already.

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson

(Forum team, if it isn't suitable to post this link on here, please remove it Smile ) 

Meeeeeeee!!

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 11 Mar 2015

As much as i want to see him return, i think its got to the stage where he has bitten off more than he could chew. He was already on his last warning for making comments and arguing (and potentially using physical violence if that element to the story is correct) because there was a problem with the food is completely unnecessary. I would never of known who he was referring to when he used the word 'slope' in the Burma special if there hadn't been an uproar. Nor do i feel that the Argentina incident was entirely his fault - everybody involved probably looked at the car and saw those plates and for them not to see that it could potentially cause offence was wrong.

RE: General TV thread - Tom - 11 Mar 2015

A new series on ITV1 is starting next Thursday - Double Decker Driving School.

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 15 Mar 2015

Well, thats Duncan Bannatyne done in the den. Quite liked watching his best bits at the end - got a laugh out of some of them but thats what the den is all about, have a laugh but get quite serious when needed.

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 15 Mar 2015

(15 Mar 2015, 10:30 pm)Adam It's also the end of Kelly Hoppen and Piers Linney. I suspect that tonight's episode though was filmed before Kelly's and Piers' departure announcements.

Those 2 haven't lasted two minutes then! So 3 new dragons to look forward to Smile I did hear rumours about Hoppen going but that was it.

RE: General TV thread - LeeCalder - 16 Mar 2015

Did anyone else watch that 'Your back in the room' on Saturday? I though it was absolutely hilarious but It could get a bit repetitive after a while

RE: General TV thread - Jimmi - 16 Mar 2015

How far up their own arses are these two!
https://youtu.be/1UA4ZfvNmz0

These two were fired from the New Zealand version of The X Factor after this.